Author Topic: The Tabernacle of David  (Read 4136 times)

cre8ed2worship

The Tabernacle of David
« on: December 08, 2009, 07:26:35 PM »
On that day I will raise up 'The tabernacle of David', which has fallen down...Amos 9:11

I was just curious as to everyones thoughts about this....what does this mean to you? 

Offline Molly

• Gold
Re: The Tabernacle of David
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 08:07:59 PM »
The Tabernacle is known in Hebrew as the Mishkan ( משכן "Place of Divine dwelling"). It was to be a portable central place of worship for the Hebrews from the time they left ancient Egypt following the Exodus, through the time of the Book of Judges when they were engaged in conquering the land of Canaan, until the time its elements were made part of the final Temple in Jerusalem about the 10th century BC.

The English word "tabernacle" is derived from the Latin word tabernaculum meaning "tent, hut, booth." Tabernaculum itself is a diminutive form of the word taberna, meaning "tavern". The word Sanctuary is also used as its name.

The tabernacle of the Israelites during the Exodus was a tent draped with colorful curtains. The outside was draped with rams'-hair curtains, and the roof was made from rams' skins. It was divided into two areas, separated by a curtain: the outer room, containing the seven-branched candelabrum, and the inner room, also known as the "Holy of Holies" (kodesh hakodashim), and containing the Ark of the Covenant (aron habrit). More detail on the description can be found in Exodus, chapters 36, 37, and 38.

http://orthodoxwiki.org/Tabernacle_(biblical)

Barry DuPont

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 08:46:20 PM »
On that day I will raise up 'The tabernacle of David', which has fallen down...Amos 9:11

I was just curious as to everyones thoughts about this....what does this mean to you? 

Amo 9:9   For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as [corn] is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth. 
Amo 9:10   All the sinners of my people shall die by the sword, which say, The evil shall not overtake nor prevent us. 
Amo 9:11 In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old: 

Eph 2:19  Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 
Eph 2:20   And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner [stone]; 
Eph 2:21   In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 
Eph 2:22   In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit. 

Blessings Barry

cre8ed2worship

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 12:51:18 AM »
Thanks Molly for that precise definition of the Tabernacle  :wink: but I was looking for something more spiritual. :mblush:
What is the spiritual significance of the Tablernacle of David being restored?

Thanks Barry, so what you believe is that we, the ekklesia, are the tabernacle of David?

So, why the Tabernacle of David?  Why not the Tabernacle of Moses?  Why the Tabernacle and not the Temple?

I have my own ideas on this but I'm interested in hearing others...

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 02:18:11 AM »
 :cloud9: The tabernacle of David essentially had no inner court, only an outer (worshipper) and a Holy of Holies (worshipped).  :msealed:  :winkgrin: Blessings....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Barry DuPont

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 02:51:20 AM »
Thanks Molly for that precise definition of the Tabernacle  :wink: but I was looking for something more spiritual. :mblush:

Thanks Barry, so what you believe is that we, the ekklesia, are the tabernacle of David?

So, why the Tabernacle of David?  Why not the Tabernacle of Moses?  Why the Tabernacle and not the Temple?

I have my own ideas on this but I'm interested in hearing others...

I would say right off hand the significance of David but that's just "right off hand" so to speak. So much was said about David that was actually about Christ. David was a very significant type (figure).
He had revelations that Solomon did not have.
Like "Blessed is the man to whom God will not impute sin".

Just some thoughts.
Barry

cre8ed2worship

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 06:26:37 AM »
:cloud9: The tabernacle of David essentially had no inner court, only an outer (worshipper) and a Holy of Holies (worshipped).  :msealed:  :winkgrin: Blessings....

Cardinal,

I've heard this teaching before.  Where does it come from?  I tried to find it in the Word back when I first heard it, but never did, maybe I overlooked it.....do you know? :dontknow:

Blessings on you  :icon_flower:

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 04:02:32 PM »

http://heavenawaits.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/tabernacle-of-david.jpg

1 Chronicles 16:1
So they brought the ark of God, and set it in the midst of the tent that David had pitched for it: and they offered burnt sacrifices and peace offerings before God.

5And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness.

--Isa 16
 :HeartThrob:

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 04:11:33 PM »

The spiritual is embedded in the physical.  First you have to look at the tabernacle of Moses and then compare the two.

Tabernacle of Moses
Diagrams of the Tabernacle and Basic Layout
The tabernacle consisted of a tent-like structure (the tabernacle proper) covered by rug-like coverings for a roof, and an external courtyard (150 feet by 75 feet). The whole compound was surrounded by a high fence about 7 feet in height. The fence was made of linen hangings held by pillars.

The tent (tabernacle proper) was divided into the Holy Place and the Holy of Holies. The tent was made of acacia wood boards overlaid with gold and fitted together to form the walls, measuring 45 by 15 feet. On top, four layers of curtains acted as a roof to shield the tabernacle from sun and rain: The innermost layer was woven with fine linen and embroidered with figures of cherubim (angels), the second layer was made of goat's hair, the third layer was made of rams' skins dyed red, and the outermost layer was made of porpoise skins. The curtains were pinned to the ground with loops and clasps.

The specific layout of the tabernacle and its courtyard is significant because it illustrates God's prescribed way for man to approach Him.

The whole compound was surrounded by a high fence with only one entrance. A person could not simply come from any direction into the tabernacle as he pleased — he had to enter through the one gate, which was always located to the east (so that people were facing west when they entered the tabernacle — a direct opposition to the pagan sun worshippers of the day who always faced east). Upon entering the gate, he encountered the brazen altar, where he was to present his animal offering, and then hand the reigns over to the priests, who make atonement and intercession for him in the tent.

This setup informed the Israelites that they could only come to God in the way He prescribed. There was no other way. As we will see even more clearly in the following sections, God is using the Old Testament tabernacle to tell us that we, too, must come to Him only through the way He has provided for us — Jesus Christ.

http://www.the-tabernacle-place.com/tabernacle_articles/tabernacle_basic_layout.aspx

cre8ed2worship

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2009, 06:16:36 PM »

http://heavenawaits.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/tabernacle-of-david.jpg

So they brought the ark of God, and set it in the midst of the tent that David had pitched for it: and they offered burnt sacrifices and peace offerings before God.

[/quote]

Molly,

I tried the link above but it is not working, could you double check it please....thanks. :dontknow:
I saw this scripture before used in connection with this teaching, but it does not prove that they just plunked the Ark down in the midst of the Tabernacle.  Especially when David got scared after it fell off of the cart and he left it in Kirjath Jearim for years.

The spiritual is embedded in the physical.  First you have to look at the tabernacle of Moses and then compare the two.

The specific layout of the tabernacle and its courtyard is significant because it illustrates God's prescribed way for man to approach Him.

This setup informed the Israelites that they could only come to God in the way He prescribed. There was no other way. As we will see even more clearly in the following sections, God is using the Old Testament tabernacle to tell us that we, too, must come to Him only through the way He has provided for us — Jesus Christ.

Amen!  This I certainly agree with. :thumbsup:

Now, what exactly is the way? I mean, I know the way through the Tabernacle, but what is the way into the Holy of Holies now? :dsunny:

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2009, 08:32:41 PM »
...but what is the way into the Holy of Holies now?

...by the blood of Jesus,

Hebrews 10:20
By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 08:36:39 PM by Molly »

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2009, 05:01:38 PM »
Moses first tent of meeting

1 Then the LORD said to Moses, "Leave this place, you and the people you brought up out of Egypt, and go up to the land I promised on oath to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, saying, 'I will give it to your descendants.' 2 I will send an angel before you and drive out the Canaanites, Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites. 3 Go up to the land flowing with milk and honey. But I will not go with you, because you are a stiff-necked people and I might destroy you on the way."

4 When the people heard these distressing words, they began to mourn and no one put on any ornaments. 5 For the LORD had said to Moses, "Tell the Israelites, 'You are a stiff-necked people. If I were to go with you even for a moment, I might destroy you. Now take off your ornaments and I will decide what to do with you.' " 6 So the Israelites stripped off their ornaments at Mount Horeb.

7 Now Moses used to take a tent and pitch it outside the camp some distance away, calling it the "tent of meeting." Anyone inquiring of the LORD would go to the tent of meeting outside the camp. 8 And whenever Moses went out to the tent, all the people rose and stood at the entrances to their tents, watching Moses until he entered the tent. 9 As Moses went into the tent, the pillar of cloud would come down and stay at the entrance, while the LORD spoke with Moses. 10 Whenever the people saw the pillar of cloud standing at the entrance to the tent, they all stood and worshiped, each at the entrance to his tent. 11 The LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks with his friend. Then Moses would return to the camp, but his young aide Joshua son of Nun did not leave the tent.

12 Moses said to the LORD, "You have been telling me, 'Lead these people,' but you have not let me know whom you will send with me. You have said, 'I know you by name and you have found favor with me.' 13 If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favor with you. Remember that this nation is your people."
 14 The LORD replied, "My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."

15 Then Moses said to him, "If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here. 16 How will anyone know that you are pleased with me and with your people unless you go with us? What else will distinguish me and your people from all the other people on the face of the earth?"

17 And the LORD said to Moses, "I will do the very thing you have asked, because I am pleased with you and I know you by name."

--Exodus 33
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 05:17:58 PM by Molly »

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2009, 05:14:38 PM »
The final tabernacle built exactly to the specifications given by the LORD to Moses

17 So the tabernacle was set up on the first day of the first month in the second year. 18 When Moses set up the tabernacle, he put the bases in place, erected the frames, inserted the crossbars and set up the posts. 19 Then he spread the tent over the tabernacle and put the covering over the tent, as the LORD commanded him.

20 He took the Testimony and placed it in the ark, attached the poles to the ark and put the atonement cover over it. 21 Then he brought the ark into the tabernacle and hung the shielding curtain and shielded the ark of the Testimony, as the LORD commanded him.

22 Moses placed the table in the Tent of Meeting on the north side of the tabernacle outside the curtain 23 and set out the bread on it before the LORD, as the LORD commanded him.

24 He placed the lampstand in the Tent of Meeting opposite the table on the south side of the tabernacle 25 and set up the lamps before the LORD, as the LORD commanded him.

26 Moses placed the gold altar in the Tent of Meeting in front of the curtain 27 and burned fragrant incense on it, as the LORD commanded him. 28 Then he put up the curtain at the entrance to the tabernacle.

29 He set the altar of burnt offering near the entrance to the tabernacle, the Tent of Meeting, and offered on it burnt offerings and grain offerings, as the LORD commanded him.

30 He placed the basin between the Tent of Meeting and the altar and put water in it for washing, 31 and Moses and Aaron and his sons used it to wash their hands and feet. 32 They washed whenever they entered the Tent of Meeting or approached the altar, as the LORD commanded Moses.

33 Then Moses set up the courtyard around the tabernacle and altar and put up the curtain at the entrance to the courtyard. And so Moses finished the work.

34 Then the cloud covered the Tent of Meeting, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle.

35 Moses could not enter the Tent of Meeting because the cloud had settled upon it, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle.

36 In all the travels of the Israelites, whenever the cloud lifted from above the tabernacle, they would set out; 37 but if the cloud did not lift, they did not set out—until the day it lifted. 38 So the cloud of the LORD was over the tabernacle by day, and fire was in the cloud by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel during all their travels.

--Exodus 40

cre8ed2worship

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2009, 05:18:00 PM »
...but what is the way into the Holy of Holies now?

...by the blood of Jesus,

Hebrews 10:20
By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

Amen!  :thumbsup:   Have you entered?  Or do you believe you will only enter when the Feast of the Tabernacles is established?

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2009, 06:08:46 PM »
13And on the second day were gathered together the chief of the fathers of all the people, the priests, and the Levites, unto Ezra the scribe, even to understand the words of the law.

14And they found written in the law which the LORD had commanded by Moses, that the children of Israel should dwell in booths in the feast of the seventh month:

15And that they should publish and proclaim in all their cities, and in Jerusalem, saying, Go forth unto the mount, and fetch olive branches, and pine branches, and myrtle branches, and palm branches, and branches of thick trees, to make booths, as it is written.

--Neh 8

"booths"
H5521
סכּה
sûkkâh
sook-kaw'
Feminine of H5520; a hut or lair: - booth, cottage, covert, pavilion, tabernacle, tent.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 06:16:39 PM »
16 So the people went out and brought back branches and built themselves booths on their own roofs, in their courtyards, in the courts of the house of God and in the square by the Water Gate and the one by the Gate of Ephraim. 17 The whole company that had returned from exile built booths and lived in them. From the days of Joshua son of Nun until that day, the Israelites had not celebrated it like this. And their joy was very great.

--Neh 8

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2009, 07:19:23 PM »
At the time that David pitched his simple tent for the ark in Jerusalem, called the city of David and Zion, the tabernacle of Moses was still in operation and tended to by God's anointed priests, Zadok and the sons of Zadok, at Gibeon.

39 David left Zadok the priest and his fellow priests before the tabernacle of the LORD at the high place in Gibeon.

--1 Chron 16

But, David didn't return the ark to the tabernacle of Moses at Gibeon.  Instead he brought it with a great procession of singing and dancing into Jerusalem and there he pitched a simple [three sided] tent for the ark.  As he brought the ark into Jerusalem, David danced before the ark wearing the ephod of the priest.  This was a most unusual thing to do.

13And it was so, that when they that bare the ark of the LORD had gone six paces, he sacrificed oxen and fatlings.

14And David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod.

--2 Sam 6

We know that David was from the tribe of Judah, not Levi, and thus he was not technically allowed to wear the ephod of the priest, as he was from the tribe that produced kings, not priests.  But, here David shows himself as both king and priest, declaring the LORD before all the people, the tent of David dissolving the central court between the gentiles and the ark, such that the ark is displayed for all to see.  David is thus the image of the one who is to come, the one who as both king and priest will openly declare the Father to the world.

John 1:18
No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Through David's actions, the LORD has shown us the ark belongs in Zion, tended to by those who are a royal priesthood--both king and priest.  We see, with the tabernacle of David, that the LORD has entered into a new relationship with his people, one that is closer and more intimate, and one that includes the tender mercies of David.

"Let us go to his dwelling place;
       let us worship at his footstool-

8 arise, O LORD, and come to your resting place,
       you and the ark of your might.

9 May your priests be clothed with righteousness;
       may your saints sing for joy."

10 For the sake of David your servant,
       do not reject your anointed one.

11 The LORD swore an oath to David,
       a sure oath that he will not revoke:
       "One of your own descendants
       I will place on your throne-

12 if your sons keep my covenant
       and the statutes I teach them,
       then their sons will sit
       on your throne for ever and ever."

13 For the LORD has chosen Zion,
       he has desired it for his dwelling:

14 "This is my resting place for ever and ever;
       here I will sit enthroned, for I have desired it-

15 I will bless her with abundant provisions;
       her poor will I satisfy with food.

16 I will clothe her priests with salvation,
       and her saints will ever sing for joy.

--Psa 132
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 07:43:40 PM by Molly »

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2009, 07:51:10 PM »
13 For the LORD has chosen Zion,
       he has desired it for his dwelling:

14 "This is my resting place for ever and ever;
       here I will sit enthroned, for I have desired it-

15 I will bless her with abundant provisions;
       her poor will I satisfy with food.

16 I will clothe her priests with salvation,
       and her saints will ever sing for joy.

--Psa 132

"Zion"

H6726
ציּון
tsîyôn
tsee-yone'
The same (regular) as H6725; Tsijon (as a permanent capital), a mountain of Jerusalem: - Zion.

H6725
ציוּן
tsîyûn
tsee-yoon'
From the same as H6723 in the sense of conspicuousness (compare H5329); a monumental or guiding pillar: - sign, title, waymark.

H6723
ציּה
tsîyâh
tsee-yaw'
From an unused root meaning to parch; aridity; concretely a desert: - barren, drought, dry (land, place), solitary place, wilderness.

Psalm 113:9
He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the LORD.

cre8ed2worship

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2009, 05:52:20 AM »
Now this is the teaching that I'm very familiar with.  I asked Cardinal earlier in this thread where this teaching came from.  I asked for scripture to support it.  

At the time that David pitched his simple tent for the ark in Jerusalem, called the city of David and Zion, the tabernacle of Moses was still in operation and tended to by God's anointed priests, Zadok and the sons of Zadok, at Gibeon.

--1 Chron 16

But, David didn't return the ark to the tabernacle of Moses at Gibeon.  Instead he brought it with a great procession of singing and dancing into Jerusalem and there he pitched a simple [three sided] tent for the ark.  

Now let me show you how this is an erroneous teaching of man.  Where does it say in scripture that this was a simple three sided tent?  Why would David place the Ark of the Covenant in a three sided tent fully exposed for everyone to see? Where does this teaching come from?

'After this I will return and will rebuild the tabernacle of David, which has fallen down; I will rebuild its ruins, and I will set it up; So that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord… Acts 15:16, 17  

The Ark of the Covenant upon entering the Promised Land came to rest in a place called Shiloh which means "peace."

The Ark came from Shiloh which means "peace" to Kirjath Jearim in the house of Abinadab and David desired to bring it from there to Jerusalem which means "possession of peace."

But David started out incorrectly transporting the Ark and Uzzah paid the price!
David was afraid of the Lord that day....2 Samuel 6:10  It remained in the house of Obed-Edom for three months.

Now Moses' tabernacle was gone by now and it says in 2 Samuel 6:17 that..."they brought the Ark of the Lord, and set it in its place in the midst of the tabernacle that David had erected for it..."

David just made a new tablernacle!  Why would he, after seeing what happened to Uzzah, just plop the ark into a simple three sided tent and not follow the prescribed way?

Then you have to ask yourself this question:  Why, if David's Tabernacle was so different and so much better, would Solomon then go back to the old way of doing things with the Temple?  Why not keep the new design of David?

The fact is that the tabernacle was established by the Lord as a symbol, and whether you have the Tabernacle or the Temple the way is still the same.  Jesus made sure of that when the veil was rent.  The Lord is still in the Holy of Holies and if you desire to know Him that is where you must go!

David was a man after God's own heart, and his Tabernacle rested in the place of "possession of peace."
Have you come to rest in the possession of peace my dear representations of David's tabernacles?  You can only do that if you follow the Way through the Tabernacle....

« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 05:56:06 AM by cre8ed2worship »

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2009, 08:11:33 AM »
It says quite clearly that David pitched a tent for the ark.  

1 Chronicles 15:1
And David made him houses in the city of David, and prepared a place for the ark of God, and pitched for it a tent.

And, the Bible tells us that David plunks the ark down in the middle of the tent.

And, the offerings and sacrifices given before the ark are not the elaborate affair of the Levites in the tabernacle of Moses--but a much more casual affair.  This is where the idea of the three-sided tent comes from, the ark is there for all to see, sitting in the middle of the tent.  And they are in front of the tent setting up their burnt offerings.

David is NOT the High Priest or even a priest at all.  Where does he get the authority to do any of this?

2And when David had made an end of offering the burnt offerings and the peace offerings, he blessed the people in the name of the LORD.
--1 Chron 16

Where does it say that David built the tabernacle of Moses in Jerusalem?  It says he 'pitched a tent.'  It doesn't say he put the ark in the holy of holies.  There is no holy of holies in his pitched tent that is separate from an inner court.  The holy of holies is the whole inside of the tent.

Again, it is a celebration but still a very casual and open affair compared to the Levite ritual.
Only the priests eat the bread and the offering and the wine, but David offers it to every man and woman in Israel.

3And he dealt to every one of Israel, both man and woman, to every one a loaf of bread, and a good piece of flesh, and a flagon of wine.

Why do you think it's called the tabernacle of David?  Maybe because it is different from the tabernacle of Moses?

We see in 1 Chron 16 that the tabernacle of Moses is still standing in Gibeon, and David allows Zadok to continue to minister in this tabernacle, even while the ark remains in his own pitched tent in Jerusalem, ministered to by Asaph.

37So he left there before the ark of the covenant of the LORD Asaph and his brethren, to minister before the ark continually, as every day's work required:

38And Obededom with their brethren, threescore and eight; Obededom also the son of Jeduthun and Hosah to be porters:

39And Zadok the priest, and his brethren the priests, before the tabernacle of the LORD in the high place that was at Gibeon,

40To offer burnt offerings unto the LORD upon the altar of the burnt offering continually morning and evening, and to do according to all that is written in the law of the LORD, which he commanded Israel;

41And with them Heman and Jeduthun, and the rest that were chosen, who were expressed by name, to give thanks to the LORD, because his mercy endureth for ever;

What is the argument being made in Acts 15 and why?   Why are they quoting the LORD rebuilding the tabernacle of David and not the tabernacle of Moses?  What does this have to do with the Gentiles?

.13And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me:

14Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.

15And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,

16After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

17That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

18Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

What then does it mean to take down the partition between the Jews and the Gentiles?  Could that be something quite literal?

« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 09:23:04 AM by Molly »

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2009, 04:22:42 PM »
  THE SURE PROMISES OF DAVID,THAT GOD MADE TO HIM

SPEAKS OF GOD TELLING DAVID THAT HE WOULD NEVER FAIL

TO HAVE A SON SIT ON THE THRONE[PROMISED SEED THAT

SITS AT GOD'S RIGHT HAND/FULFILLED IN CHRIST/SON OF

DAVID]

ALSO THIS MATTER, IT ENTERED DAVID'S HEART THAT HE

SHOULD MAKE A PERMANENT HOUSE IN WHICH FOR THE GOD

OF ISRAEL TO DWELL.

GOD TOLD HIM THAT BECAUSE THIS THING HAD ENTERED INTO DAVID'S HEART..THAT GOD WOULD BUILD A HOUSE FOR DAVID INSTEAD..[FOR THE HEAVENS CAN NOT CONTAIN HIM]

THIS TYPIFIES THE 'BELOVED' WANTING GOD/SPIRIT TO DWELL PERMANENTLY IN HONOUR TOGATHER...AND GOD
SAYING ...WE WILL..BUT I WILL BUILD YOU A HOUSE WHERE YOU CAN DWELL WITH ME ETERNALLY,NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND......AN ABODE OF PEACE, WHERE WARRING IS OVER

GOD IS TOO BIG TO DWELL BUT IN PORTIONS IN US..INSTEAD WE WILL ALL  DWELL AS PORTIONS IN HIM

FOR HE IS OUR INHERITANCE AND WE ARE HIS

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2009, 06:34:18 PM »
 :cloud9: Amen  :thumbsup:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

cre8ed2worship

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2009, 05:58:46 PM »
Sorry, I have been busy studying for finals this week.  Have more to post and will do so after finals are over and I have more time to spend on this subject.  Thanks.... :sigh: