Author Topic: The Christian Bible (1991)  (Read 27491 times)

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Re: The Christian Bible (1991)
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2010, 10:44:08 PM »
I hope you speak Russian because likely your mail went here http://christianbiblesociety.org/   
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 12:51:16 AM by WhiteWings »
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2010, 12:27:12 AM »
What is Google :dontknow:
 :icon_jokercolor:

I wonder how old that message is because I would be suprised if that email adress works.

I dont know how old, but when I went to the site he gave, I found a good site with information. I have both books ordered and from the small amount of verses I have read from Jabcat, I am quite interested. I have not tryed to contact them as of yet; Maybe when my material arrvies there maybe some up date information.  When I find it possible and when I can afford it, I will hope to visit since I am about 70 miles from Mammoth Springs.
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2010, 12:52:47 AM »
I dont know how old, but when I went to the site he gave, I found a good site with information.
It's (part of) the info that was on their site before it turned into a Russian dog club site.
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

• Gold
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2010, 01:26:55 AM »
I dont know how old, but when I went to the site he gave, I found a good site with information.
It's (part of) the info that was on their site before it turned into a Russian dog club site.

So you have attempted to get in touch with them with no response? I have not, I just found their information very upliting.
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2010, 02:40:17 AM »
Did anyone think to do a google search?

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=90120059235

:bigGrin:

Good find.  Hadn't seen them on fb before.
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2010, 02:48:27 AM »
Just my 2 cents.  TCB is my #1 reading Bible.  However, I do find things I don't agree with.  They do say "all kinds of humans" rather than simply "all".  They also make a lot of references to destruction in their explanatory notes - which may be true (UR believes in destruction, but of things/qualities, not individuals) - but as stated in TCB notes, it sounds as if it could be making the case for annihilation - at least without further interpretation/rightly dividing.   They also seem to talk about the next age as being the Last Age, which I don't agree with.  (in other translations, Eph 2:7 says "in the ages to come He might show to us His immense riches" - TCB says "presently coming ages [present age and the Last Age]...).   

However, most of these issues are in their explanatory notes, not in the translation itself.  I've told WW I personally would like it better if they'd have just let the translation stand on its own and leave out much of the "explanations".   :2c:
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 03:35:33 AM by jabcat »
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

• Gold
« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2010, 04:30:31 AM »
Just my 2 cents.  TCB is my #1 reading Bible.  However, I do find things I don't agree with.  They do say "all kinds of humans" rather than simply "all".  They also make a lot of references to destruction in their explanatory notes - which may be true (UR believes in destruction, but of things/qualities, not individuals) - but as stated in TCB notes, it sounds as if it could be making the case for annihilation - at least without further interpretation/rightly dividing.   They also seem to talk about the next age as being the Last Age, which I don't agree with.  (in other translations, Eph 2:7 says "in the ages to come He might show to us His immense riches" - TCB says "presently coming ages [present age and the Last Age]...).   

However, most of these issues are in their explanatory notes, not in the translation itself.  I've told WW I personally would like it better if they'd have just let the translation stand on its own and leave out much of the "explanations".   :2c:

I have not recieved my book yet. And I may agree with you on what you say, but then, should this translation be a more concise(true) interpretaion and possible of more truth in how it reads, other than what we have  ascribed to; perhaps it is my way(what I believe to be true) that is in question rather that what is "true".
I do not know. But what if, this translation is closer to what was said than what I have read and studied till now? I for one am not afraid to believe and stand for a Father and Creator who has in His expression of Love, that He will bring ALL of what He made, created, formed, and spoke back to Him. I cannot accept a Father who would leave one out of a RE call. My :2c:

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2010, 07:32:29 AM »

So you have attempted to get in touch with them with no response? I have not, I just found their information very upliting.
Let me start saying I own the TCB for a while now > 1 year.
I mailed to their sales person and webmaster. Both adresses where dead. James did the same also no luck.
At that time their site was still online. Since a while the site is gone. And since  al little shorter while their URL  points to a Russian dog owner club. Because the email adress is linked to teh same domain as the Russian dog club it's very well possible all mail ends up there too.
It's very weird because I simply don't believe Russians would steal that domain. I mean who would call his dog club the christian Bible society?
Domain aren't free either. You have to pay a small rent for them or the name expires.
I hope Galan has more luck on Facebook.

James didn't the letter you recieved mention they are setting things up again? Maybe facebook is  part of that?

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2010, 07:35:43 AM »
Maybe something along the lines of "trying to get reorganized/figure out which direction to go"...so yes, maybe so.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2010, 07:46:35 AM »
James, Micah,

There are [in verse commentaries] I can't say I hate them. Usually they are neutral or helpful.
The most important thing is that their translations isn't affected by their commentaries.
I think you sound rather strong with your ED statement James. Stronger as when we PMed about it.
For what it's worth Concordonant version also believes in a last age.
Plan of the ages being 7 ages doesn't sound very odd...

All sorts of people sounds a bit strange. But that also depends on how you read it. Black/White. Rich/poor. Smart/dumb. Etc.
And not just the pharo and a handfull of priests that can be a slave for eternity.

We should start a TCB discussion topic when more people get the translation

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2010, 07:52:12 AM »
But what if, this translation is closer to what was said than what I have read and studied till now?
Depends on what you have read. YLT and CLV both are a huge step forward on many other translations.

For a truely perfect translation you need to read Greek and Hebrew.....
Just look at a truely 1 on 1 translation like ISA2. That English looks just as much German as it does look English.
So translators not only have to translate words but also reorder the words into something that's readable in English.
Things will very likely go lost in translation.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2010, 08:04:40 AM »
James, Micah,

I think you sound rather strong with your ED statement James. Stronger as when we PMed about it.
We should start a TCB discussion topic when more people get the translation

That would be fun.  I've been posting TCB verses for awhile, but you're right, not many have the translation.  Discussion/comparisons might be fun and fruitful.

As far as the ED statements, I've just sort of looked at it like "well, destruction can mean X,Y,Z"  (apollumi issues, fire/brimstone cleansing, etc.) depends on whether those verses are taken in context with all the others that say God will restore, renew, vivify ALL, be All in All, etc....but if one just reads TCB commentary which just kind of strictly states "destruction", then standing alone without further context, IMO it does sound ED'ish.  But my contention has been maybe that's not exactly how they mean it..maybe it's just a literal interpretation/comment, then it's up to the reader to look at context and be led into proper understanding/revelation, etc. 

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2010, 08:14:20 AM »
 :thumbsup:
Ok, I just noticed your wording was a bit stronger as I'm used too in our chats.
Now, dear readers, I don't want to play holy here but to be fair I contacted James first about the possible ED undertone in some verses.

LS you are going to love this ED translation :icon_jokercolor:

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #88 on: December 11, 2010, 08:27:01 AM »
Yes you did.

You know what?  Since by isolated readings of some commentary/interpretation it could appear they have some ED leanings, I'm just going to ask.  Don't know how except by snail mail or maybe through facebook.  Not sure they'll answer me, but I'm going to ask if their comments about "destruction" means they think it's total destruction of the person, or destruction of anything sinful, etc.

GalanSRQ

« Reply #89 on: December 11, 2010, 01:27:35 PM »
Here is the automated reply I received overnight after sending an email to mail@christianbibllesociety.org....the email address noted in the Facebook page:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.

mail@christianbiblesociety.org

Bob

GalanSRQ

« Reply #90 on: December 13, 2010, 04:44:01 PM »
Subesquent email received overnight.....

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, due to being unable to connect successfully to the destination mail server. mail@christianbiblesociety.org

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #91 on: December 13, 2010, 04:55:42 PM »
I'm usually happy to be right; but not in this time  :sigh:

It's the same message James and I got on several atttempt and different times.

Maybe direct Facebook contact is an opion?

GalanSRQ

« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2010, 08:58:37 PM »
Yes, ww, I've also done that.  Haven't gotten a response yet.

bob

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2010, 02:40:28 AM »
micah let me know he got his CB this week, and he really likes it.

Following are some very important scriptures from The Christian Bible.   :2c:

..."we have to enter into God's Kingdom by going through many oppressions." ..Then after they had spoken the Master's Word in Perga...gathered the group of Called Ones, they began delivering the message among them about ...how he had opened a door of faith to the pagans...  Now some people came down from Judea and began teaching the brother and sisters, "Unless you men are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you can't be saved."

..Paul and Barnabas..go up to Jerusalem to the dispatched envoys and older ones about this question....they were continually describing in detail about the turning around of the pagans, and were causing great joy to all the brothers and sisters....Yet some people from the sect [denomination] of the Pharisees, who had now become Believers, rose up and said, "They have to be circumcised and charged to keep the Law of Moses."

..Now after much questioning had occurred, Peter rose up and said to them, "Brothers and sisters, you have expertise in the fact that from the beginning days God chose among you, that through my mouth the pagans should hear the Word of the Good Message and believe.  Now God, who knows what is in hearts, testified to them, giving them the Pure Spirit, just as he also did to us, and discriminated in nothing between us and them, making their hearts clean by faith.  So then, why are you now testing God by placing a yoke upon the necks of the students that neither our forefathers nor we have been strong enough to carry?  Rather, we are continually believing that we are saved through the favor of the Master Yesu, in the same manner as they also..  Acts (last part of 14, first part of 15), The Christian Bible (1991)

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #94 on: December 23, 2010, 10:57:01 AM »
jabcat, does this Christian Bible have the books in the right order?

CHB
TCB is NT only. I found a translation that has the OT in the Jewish order.
3. The books of the Old Testament in this Bible are not in the same order as in other English versions. This results from the translation from the Septuagint, referred to earlier. The order of the books in other English Bibles was derived from the Greek Septuagint (if you want to know more about that topic, you might want to check out The Life and Times of Jesus the Messiah). This follows the Hebrew canonical order, separating the scriptures into the Torah, the Prophets, and the Writings. Since there is no Hebrew canonical order for the New Testament (since it is not considered scripture by Judaism), the New Testament, or B'rit Hadashah, is in the same order as you are used to.
http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Jewish-Bible-Testament-Hadashah/product-reviews/9653590154/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #95 on: December 26, 2010, 07:34:08 PM »

So then, in the same way there has also come to be...a remnant chosen as a favor.  Now if it is by a favor it is no longer based on works, otherwise the favor is no longer a favor.  So then what does this mean?  Israel did not encounter what it was seeking; yet those who were chosen did encounter it, and the rest were made callous.  Just as it has been written, "God gave them a spirit of deep sleep, eyes that can't observe, and ears that can't hear, down to this very day."  Romans 11

LS

« Reply #96 on: December 26, 2010, 08:03:24 PM »
:thumbsup:
Ok, I just noticed your wording was a bit stronger as I'm used too in our chats.
Now, dear readers, I don't want to play holy here but to be fair I contacted James first about the possible ED undertone in some verses.

LS you are going to love this ED translation :icon_jokercolor:

LOL! 

I hope you know that like each of you, I'm only seeking Truth; I try not to see one view or another. ED is where I've been led at this point, as I know US is where you have been led. God has His reasons :)

I'll be interested in following this thread to see what you all find out!   :cloud9:

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #97 on: December 29, 2010, 09:31:44 PM »
Now notice, there was a human in Jerusalem whose name was Simeon;  and this human was just and reverent, anticipating the encouragement of Israel;  and the Pure Spirit was upon him.  Now he had been given notice by the Pure Spirit that he wouldn't notice death before he should notice the Master's Anointed One.  Now he came under the guidane of the Spirit into the sacred place;  and as the parents brought in the little Boy Yesu, for them to do for Him according to the Law's custom, he also took Him into his arms, and blessed God, and said, "Now, Owner, You are dismissing Your slave in peace, according to Your Declaration, because my eyes have noticed Your method of Salvation, that You have made ready before the faces of all the people, to be a light for the revelation to the pagans, and to be a glory to Your people Israel."

Related to Israel set aside for a season, the gospel going to the Gentiles, until the fulfillment of their time, then All Israel Shall Be Saved! 

A nice little nugget; Simeone had some revelation of at least part of that plan.    :thumbsup:

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #98 on: December 30, 2010, 09:11:53 PM »
Yet wicked humans and swindlers will progressively get worse and worse, leading others astray and being led astray themselves. Yet you must be continually staying with those things that you have learned and firmly believed, since your are aware of from whom you learned them,  and that from a baby you have been acquainted with God's Sacred Writings, that are able by means of your faith in the Anointed One Yesu to give you wisdom that is going to result in Salvation!  Every [Pure] Writing is inspired by God and beneficial for teaching, for exposure, for correction, and for training in things that are right so that the human of God might be continually capable, thoroughly equipped for every good work....You must proclaim the Word!  2 Timothy 3:14-17, 4:2

• Gold
« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2010, 11:26:15 PM »
I find the translation quite American and I like that. Thats just how I read and understand it and that does not by any means make it a better of sounder translation. :bigGrin: