Author Topic: The Christian Bible (1991)  (Read 24357 times)

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Re: The Christian Bible (1991)
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2010, 09:48:03 AM »
This test is called the "NEW Literal Translation Test." The only place (that I know of) where you can get a copy of this test is from the Christian Bible Society (their address is near the end of this article). The test can be obtained in one of two ways: it is in the Introduction to the Christian Bible, or a free copy of the test can be requested from them.
<...snip...>
....the translation that got the second best score (Young's Literal Translation - 50%) was translated over a century ago in 1887!
I always thought YLT was quite good. Second best but half as good.
Assuming the test is accurate the choice for NT is clear. But what about the OT?
Yeah I'm aware the OT is written in another Greek dialect called Hebrew  :laughing7: but I'm just wondering if versions score 10-50% on NT how accurate the OT is.
Personally I have no high hopes...
Concordant/CLV isn't tested, but it possibly scores quite well. Unfortunately their OT is still work in progress.
So what's a good OT?

1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2010, 05:03:56 PM »
How does the CB translate, 'Son of man'?

The Hebrew translates it, Son of Adam.

Matthew 8:20
And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2010, 06:05:38 PM »
Matthew 8:20 Then Yesu said to him, "The foxes have burrows, and the birds of the sky have roosts, yet the Son of Humanity has nowhere to recline His head."
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 06:09:21 PM by WhiteWings »
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2010, 06:17:17 PM »
 :idea2:
In Hebrew the word man and mankind are very similar. And some say it's often translated wrong in Genesis.
Maybe instead of "Jesus is the second Adam." a better translation is "Jesus is the second mankind." ?

Quote from: Molly
The Hebrew translates it, Son of Adam.
So what exactly the Jews wrote? Son of Adam or Son of mankind?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 06:27:06 PM by WhiteWings »

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2010, 06:31:03 PM »
Matthew 8:20 Then Yesu said to him, "The foxes have burrows, and the birds of the sky have roosts, yet the Son of Humanity has nowhere to recline His head."

Ok, thanks.  So they are taking it directly from the Greek.

"man"
G444
ἄνθρωπος
anthrōpos
anth'-ro-pos
From G435 and ὤψ ōps (the countenance; from G3700); manfaced, that is, a human being: - certain, man.

G435
ἀνήρ
anēr
an'-ayr
A primary word (compare G444); a man (properly as an individual male): - fellow, husband, man, sir.

5For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak.

6But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man that thou visitest him?

7Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands:

--Heb 2

Psalm 8:4
What is man ['ĕnôsh] , that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man ['âdâm], that thou visitest him?

9 O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!
--Psa 8

'name'

H8034
שׁם
shêm

A primitive word (perhaps rather from H7760 through the idea of definite and conspicuous position; compare H8064); an appellation, as a mark or memorial of individuality; by implication honor, authority, character: -  + base, [in-] fame [-ous], name (-d), renown, report.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2010, 06:55:33 PM »
Quote from: ww
Maybe instead of "Jesus is the second Adam." a better translation is "Jesus is the second mankind." ?

That's really cool, and it certainly would look that way to us.  But, there is a definite connection between Jesus and Adam, in other words, a continuation of a the same thing--which is in the process of transformation through redemption.  The Book starts and ends in the garden, in the holy of holies, in the presence of God.

No longer will there be anything accursed, but the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and his servants will worship him. 4 They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. 5And night will be no more. They will need no light of lamp or sun, for the Lord God will be their light, and they will reign forever and ever.

--Rev 22

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2010, 07:13:01 PM »

That's really cool, and it certainly would look that way to us.  But, there is a definite connection between Jesus and Adam, in other words, a continuation of a the same thing--which is in the process of transformation through redemption.  The Book starts and ends in the garden, in the holy of holies, in the presence of God.
The way I see it my thought has all that.

Adam-mankind stands for sin and mortality. -> In the garden. -> Start of proces
Jesus-mankind stands for the opposite. -> In heaven/presence of God. -> end of proces

Look I'm not saying my 'translation' is correct but I certainly see a strong connection.
And because Jabcat's CB thread is mainly a "look a another translation" I think we should also consider that certain thoughts/teachings are based on wrong translations.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2010, 08:52:42 PM »

Romans 5:14
Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

I could argue that Adam starts out technically immortal, as long as he obeys God.  The tree of life is in the garden, from which he can eat freely.

God created Adam to rule over his garden, but because of Adam's transgression, death is reigning from Adam to Moses even without the Law.  That is, sin is not reigning, but death.  Adam is not reigning, but death.  Christ is not reigning, but death.

Romans 5:17
For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

"reign"
G936
βασιλεύω
basileuō
bas-il-yoo'-o
From G935; to rule (literally or figuratively): - king, reign.

G935
βασιλεύς
basileus
bas-il-yooce'
Probably from G939 (through the notion of a foundation of power); a sovereign (abstractly, relatively or figuratively): - king.

Adam gives the authority and rulership to death.  Jesus takes it back.

So sin is not really the issue so much.  The issue is death.

1 Corinthians 15:56
The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

Death has a stinger--sin--, like a poison dart, that kills us.  The Law makes this stinger even more deadly.

So is our master to be death?  What if that stinger can no longer touch us?

57But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

--1 Cor 15

I'd like to see if the CB gives a translation of any of these scriptures that would elucidate this further.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 08:57:21 PM by Molly »

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2010, 09:16:01 PM »
Don't have a scanner, typing this, so overlook any typos   :bigGrin:

From The Christian Bible

I Cor. 15:45 onward  ..."The first human Adam became a living sentient being [Gen 2:7];  the last Adam [that is, "the last head of humanity (Yesu)"] has become a Life-giving Spirit".....47  The first human was from the earth, fron the topsoil;  the second Human was from heaven [Yesu]...and just as we have worn the image of the one from topsoil, we will also wear the image of the One from heaven

I Cor 15: 51-57

Notice, I am telling you a secret.  All of us [from this age] won't fall asleep [die], yet all of us will be changed in an instant, in a blink of an eye, at the last blowing of the trumpet.  For the trumpet will be blown, and the dead will be awakened with bodies that are never going to be subject to decay , and we will be changed.  For this body that is subject to decay, has to put on, like clothing, what is never going to decay;  and this body that is subject to dying, has to put on, like clothing, what is never going to die;  Now when this body that is subject to decay has put on, like clothing, what is never going to decay, and this body that is subject to dying has put on, like clothing, what is never going to die, then the word that has been written will occur, "Death has been swallowed up by victory: [Is. 25:8].  "Oh death, where is your victory?  Oh death, where is your sting"?  [Hos 13:14].  Now it is wrongdoing that gives death its sting, and it is the law that gives wrongdoing its power.  Yet thanks be to God who is going to give us the victory by means of our Master Yesus (the Anointed One)!  Therefore, my dearly loved brothers and sisters, you must continualy be settled and unmovable, and must be always abundantly workng for the Master, since you must be aware that your labor in the service of the Master isn't for nothing!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 09:19:17 PM by jabcat »
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2010, 09:24:25 PM »
Jesus-mankind stands for the opposite. -> In heaven/presence of God. -> end of proces

I do agree with this, though, in this sense.

What you are calling 'Jesus-mankind', I would call Y'shû‛âh 'ĕlôhıym, the saints of God.

Isaiah 52:10
The LORD hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.

"the salvation"

Y'shû‛âh

"of our God"

'ĕlôhıym

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2010, 09:26:59 PM »
Romans 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who didn't do that was wrong like the stepping beyond boundaries done by Adam, who is a is a representation for the One who was going to come.

Romans 5:17 For while by offense of the one person, death reigned through that one; to a much greater degree will those who are obtaining the abundance of His favor and His freely given gift of being right [and just before Him], reign in Life trough the One, Yesu (the Anoited One]

1 Corinthians 15:56 Now it is wrongdoing that gives death its sting, and it is the Law that gives wrongdoing its power

1 Corinthians 15:57 Yet thanks be to the God who is going to give us the victory by means of our Master Yesu (the Anointed One)!

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2010, 09:30:26 PM »
BTW words between [...] is like commentary. It's not like KJVs italic words

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2010, 09:37:37 PM »
..like the stepping beyond boundaries done by Adam,

Oh, man.  I just love this Bible.  Stepping beyond boundaries--it wasn't his place to die for Eve.

Jab, you have to go meet these people.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2010, 09:42:56 PM »

Oh, man.  I just love this Bible.  Stepping beyond boundaries--it wasn't his place to die for Eve.
Or it just means eating from the tree was overstepping a boundary...?

Sounds like old times....
Jabcat you have to taste the fruit  :winkgrin:

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2010, 09:46:20 PM »

Oh, man.  I just love this Bible.  Stepping beyond boundaries--it wasn't his place to die for Eve.
Or it just means eating from the tree was overstepping a boundary...?

Sounds like old times....
Jabcat you have to taste the fruit  :winkgrin:

LOL!

Maybe I'll go myself.

(PS Adam, unlike Eve, knew he was going to die.)

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2010, 09:56:14 PM »
I'm still wondering what Jabcat is going/trying to do.
He only has a PO box number. Plus from previous experiences they check that PO box once a month. At best  :winkgrin:
So James ask Gary if he makes a tent for you.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2010, 10:19:11 PM »
By "he" I guess you mean the Christian Bible guy.

Well, I just pretty much figured out where Mammoth Spring is, and it's right on the way to a place I hope to be traveling to within the next 4-6 weeks or so, Lord willing.  Soooo, I'll try to arrange it where I have some time to stop by there.  I'll make efforts to contact them by mail before then, trying to get info as to where they are, if they'd let me stop by, etc.  I don't know if they're open to this kind of "attention" or not, but we'll see.  Probably depends on how/why they feel they're being approached.  Keep you posted.
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2010, 10:05:03 AM »
By "he" I guess you mean the Christian Bible guy.
He=you
You has only a PO box number.
He doesn't live in his PO box (but in his old car) :laughing7:

Quote from: jabcat
Well, I just pretty much figured out where Mammoth Spring is, and it's right on the way to a place I hope to be traveling to within the next 4-6 weeks or so,
Quote from: Molly
Maybe I'll go myself.
Carpooling...

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2010, 10:11:03 AM »
Idle hope but I would like the CB in electronic format. Easier searching and quoting.
And ofcourse their Companion Bible linked to it for word defenitions.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2010, 04:23:34 PM »
Idle hope but I would like the CB in electronic format. Easier searching and quoting.
And ofcourse their Companion Bible linked to it for word defenitions.
yep.  Me too.  That's the easiest way to initially make the Bible available.  And you could even charge people ten or twenty dollars to download it through Paypal.  

Carpooling...

That's funny lol--BUT--this actually works.   Try praying next time you go anywhere and enjoy the parking space at the front when you get there, too.  
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 04:31:21 PM by Molly »

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2010, 07:17:37 PM »
Any update?

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2010, 10:50:05 PM »
Again he asked, "What shall I compare the kingdom of God to? It is like yeast that a woman took and mixed into(egkrupto-incorporate with....hide in) a large amount of flour until it worked all through the dough."
(Luk 13:20-21)NIV

And again He said, "To what shall I be likening the kingdom of God? Like is it to leaven, which, getting, a woman hides in three seahs of meal, till the whole was leavened."
(Luk 13:20-21)CLV

And again he said, `To what shall I liken the reign of God? It is like leaven, which a woman, having taken, did hide in three measures of meal, till that all was leavened.'
(Luk 13:20-21)YLT

IMO in this instance the NIV got it right, where the others missed it. The "hide" word does not really communicate the foremost meaning. The woman is not primarily "hiding"(apokrupto), in our modern sense of the word, the leaven. She is mixing it in- incorporating it with, the meal(flour/dough) for the common purpose of leavening the bread or cake she is making. When the leaven is mixed in, it is then left for a time where it expands by virtue of its own nature (and the application of certain natural physical elements like heat, air, water)
   I also find this parable to be an interesting one in relation to UR. It has an application to spirit soul and body, as the incorruptible seed is planted like leaven in our hearts(good ground) and is kneaded through trial and experience until our spirit is empowered, our mind and emotions are renewed, and our body resurrected. In relation to UR I think it also has an application to the three ages of the aionian gospel(Rev 14:6).... from Adam to Christ, From first advent to second advent, the the thousand year reign- or something like that- till God be all in all.

Even as God is becoming all in all in me, He is becoming all in all in "the all"

I also think that this passage also shows that there is no across the board trustworthy English translation, and that in every case, it is better to examine all the sources and compare to the greek and hebrew.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 11:13:16 PM by eaglesway »
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.com

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2010, 11:00:09 PM »
Now again He said, "To what shall I compare God's Kingdom?
It is like leavened dough, which a woman took and hid in three pecks of meal [coarse flour], until the whole thing became leavened." (Luk 13:20-21)CB

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2010, 10:41:46 PM »
Awesome scrips from The Christian Bible;  chock full of sound doctrine.

Ephesians 1

7 It is through union with Him [Yesu] that we have liberaton by means of the ransom payment of His blood, the forgiveness of our offenses....

10 looking to a management plan that will bring the time periods to their fulfillment, that is, the summing up of everything through union with the Anointed One, the things in the heavens and the things on the earth.  

11 It is through union with Him [Yesu] that we too were made His inheritance, since we have been designated beforehand in accordance with the purpose of the One who is operating eveything according to the counsel of what He wants...

13 It is through union with Him [Yesu], after you had heard the Word of Truth (the Good Message about your Salvation), and believed in Him also, that you too were sealed [secured] with the promised Pure Spirit,

14 which is the down payment of our inheritance, so that we whom he has purchased, might have our liberation by His payment of the ransom, and praise his glory for it...

22 He has made everything subservient under His feet, and has given Him, as the Head [the top] over everything...
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 10:44:57 PM by jabcat »

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2010, 10:49:34 PM »
I see at least 5-6 important sound doctrines in this passage.  What do you see?     :bigGrin: