Author Topic: The Christian Bible (1991)  (Read 26904 times)

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Re: The Christian Bible (1991)
« Reply #125 on: January 09, 2012, 09:37:34 AM »
don't give up, they're rather slow...but seem very honest.
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

BigRed

« Reply #126 on: January 10, 2012, 12:23:51 AM »
Hi, just found the site today.  Read the previous posts on this topic. I got my TCB by 1995.  I did not think much about it, but decided to find their OLD TESTAMENT.  My pastor at the time corresponded with them.  Yes, snail mail only.  They were to start working on the OT then.  Thought it would be a good addition to their NT.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Re: The Christian Bible (1991) (Abraham's Seed)
« Reply #127 on: February 04, 2012, 09:36:25 PM »
Although I haven't fully searched this out, I've seen it said that Abraham's seed was ["strictly/solely"] Jesus.  I don't think I was ever fully comfortable with that interpretation.

Reading in The Christian Bible this morning, I came across the following verses.  It seems to me these verses give a pretty good indication of who Abraham's seed is.  Seems pretty descriptive to me.

from chapter 7

The God of glory was seen by our father Abraham when he was in
Mesopotamia [E. Iraq], before he made a home in [the city of] Haran [in S.E.
Turkey], 3 and said to him, 'You must come out from your land and your
relatives, and must come on into the land that I shall show you!' [Gen. 12: II.
4 So he then went out of the land of the Chaldeans [from Iraq], and made a
home in [the city of] Haran [in S.E. Turkey]. Then after his father died, God
exiled him from there into this land where you are now making a home;
5 but He didn't give him any inheritance in it, not even enough for a
platform for one foot; and yet He did promise to eventually give it to him
as a holding, and to his seed [descendants] after him, even though he didn't
have a child [Gen: 12:7; 17:81. 6 Yet God spoke like this, that his seed
[descendants] would be foreigners in an alien land, where they would be
enslaved and treated badly for four hundred years [Gen.15:13J. 7 'Then the
nation for which they will slave I will judge' [Gen. 15:141, God said, 'and
after these things they will come out and offer divine service to Me in
this place' [Exo. 3:121. 8

17 "Now as the time of the promise was drawing near that God had
acknowledged to Abraham, the people grew [in number] and multiplied
in Egypt,

I know we've all got a bunch of 'em, but I believe we need to be careful that our private/personal insights don't go around or against what is written.  In this whole topic, does someone see something else besides what's written here?  (I believe there's a also scrip that says spiritually born again believers are the seed as well?)

Blessings, seed of Abraham.   :bigGrin:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 09:45:12 PM by jabcat »
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #128 on: February 04, 2012, 09:59:44 PM »

Galatians 3:29;
If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Offline Molly

• Gold
Re: The Christian Bible (1991) {Abraham's seed}
« Reply #129 on: February 04, 2012, 10:06:30 PM »
The seed is Christ.

The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. The Scripture does not say "and to seeds," meaning many people, but "and to your seed," meaning one person, who is Christ.

--Gal 3:16

Offline Molly

• Gold
Re: The Christian Bible (1991)(Abraham's seed)
« Reply #130 on: February 04, 2012, 10:17:35 PM »
6Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

7Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

8That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

9For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sarah shall have a son.

10And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;

11(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)

12It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.

--Rom 9

Offline Molly

• Gold
Re: The Christian Bible (1991)(Abraham's seed)
« Reply #131 on: February 04, 2012, 10:22:38 PM »

And you, dear brothers and sisters, are children of the promise, just like Isaac.

--Gal 4:28

Offline redhotmagma

• Bronze
« Reply #132 on: February 05, 2012, 12:44:19 AM »
The new man is the seed

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #133 on: February 05, 2012, 02:44:07 AM »
"The new man is the seed"...

"They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed."

"The Scripture does not say "and to seeds," meaning many people, but "and to your seed," meaning one person, who is Christ."

"yet He did promise to eventually give it to him
as a holding, and to his seed [descendants] after him, even though he didn't
have a child [Gen: 12:7; 17:81. 6 Yet God spoke like this, that his seed
[descendants] would be  foreigners [PLURAL]
in an alien land, where they would be
enslaved and treated badly for four hundred years"

On the surface, these appear to be 4 different statements.  Scripture can't contradict, how do you reconcile them?  (I'll be thinking about it too :)

Offline redhotmagma

• Bronze
« Reply #134 on: February 05, 2012, 03:07:46 AM »
the seed is the one new man, yeah its mystery.  We are divided in the flesh (if we are children of the flesh), just as we were formerly enemies in our minds.  That they may be one as we are one, I in You, You in me, us in them they in eachother, until God is all in all.

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #135 on: February 05, 2012, 04:30:20 AM »
the seed is the one new man, yeah its mystery.  We are divided in the flesh (if we are children of the flesh), just as we were formerly enemies in our minds.  That they may be one as we are one, I in You, You in me, us in them they in eachother, until God is all in all.

Beautiful.
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline Molly

• Gold
Re: The Christian Bible (1991)Abraham's seed
« Reply #136 on: February 05, 2012, 06:15:26 AM »
Quote from: Jab
On the surface, these appear to be 4 different statements. Scripture can't contradict, how do you reconcile them? (I'll be thinking about it too :)

Not sure why you see it as contradictory.  Paul clearly states that we are the descendants of Abraham.  Do we come down through a bloodline?  Is that where you are seeing the contradiction?  I was trying to show how we do on another thread, but nobody wanted to hear it.  It really doesn't matter because the seed will always be identified and justified by faith--at all times in history.  We, who first believed in Christ [in both the OT and the NT], are all miracle babies, just like Isaac; we are the children of the promise.

That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.  Eph 1:12

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #137 on: February 05, 2012, 07:16:27 AM »
Not sure why you see it as contradictory.

I'm not saying it is contradictory.  I'm suggesting that to say "the seed is ONE new man", then to say "the seed is ONLY Christ" - but then to say "it's the [thousands/millions of] descendants of Abraham", all sound like different statements and can appear contradictory, unless correctly interpreted and understood.

I'm saying "yes, the seed is Christ, because the scripture says so".  It even says it's ONLY Christ!  But the scriptures also say the seed is other things as well.  Abraham's descendantS (Acts 7),  then those IN Christ who are spiritually reborn (Gal. 3:29).  So perhaps it's a matter of progression?  What I mean is, initially it was Abraham's direct descendants.  (All the while, the OT was pointing to Christ).  Then, Jesus came in flesh as Messiah.  Then, those believing.  All the seed.  Progression, but not just progression, but also, as rhm said, there's a mystery involved too; i.e., there can be many things, but all can be incorporated into Christ, really leaving ONLY Him.  So that those things (other things called 'seed') aren't really simply what they appear to be (literally), because spiritually ALL comes from, through, and for Him. A mystery.

I'm getting at;  when someone says "the seed is Jesus".  I want to say "yes, but the scriptures also say the seed is X,Y,Z, so what does that mean?"  The above paragraph is about the best I can do with it right now...

This also
the seed will always be identified and justified by faith--at all times in history.  We, who first believed in Christ [in both the OT and the NT], are all miracle babies, just like Isaac; we are the children of the promise.
  is a piece of what I'm getting at - and having a hard time explaining.   :happygrin:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 08:17:02 AM by jabcat »

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #138 on: February 05, 2012, 09:58:40 AM »
I don't see it as progression.  The ones who knew Jesus in the OT, knew him as well as we do, imo.  The only difference is they had to wait for the cross, and for us.

"Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad. John 8:56

But, if you look at the x,y, z statements about the seed, as you call them, you can just overlay them on top of each other.  It's all talking about the same people, the elect of God.

That's why it has nothing to do with works.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #139 on: February 05, 2012, 10:09:43 AM »
HEBREWS 11

1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

2For by it the elders obtained a good report.

3Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

4By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

5By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

6But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

7By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

8By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

9By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

10For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

11Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.

12Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.

13These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

14For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.

15And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.

16But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

17By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,

18Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:

19Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

20By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come.

21By faith Jacob, when he was a dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph; and worshipped, leaning upon the top of his staff.

22By faith Joseph, when he died, made mention of the departing of the children of Israel; and gave commandment concerning his bones.

23By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents, because they saw he was a proper child; and they were not afraid of the king's commandment.

24By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;

25Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;

26Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.

27By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.

28Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them.

29By faith they passed through the Red sea as by dry land: which the Egyptians assaying to do were drowned.

30By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed about seven days.

31By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.

32And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:

33Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions.

34Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.

35Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:

36And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:

37They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;

38(Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

39And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:

40God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #140 on: February 05, 2012, 05:20:57 PM »

Christ is a many-membered man.

"The" Christ is Jesus.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #141 on: February 05, 2012, 08:56:43 PM »
I don't see it as progression. 

Maybe not.  Maybe layers, integration, and mystery are better terms.

Offline dajomaco

« Reply #142 on: February 05, 2012, 09:05:45 PM »
Jesus became the Christ

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #143 on: February 05, 2012, 10:00:06 PM »

...before the foundations of the world the Lamb was slain.

He became the Christ sometime before-before then????

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #144 on: February 05, 2012, 10:16:28 PM »
5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in very nature God,
   did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
   by taking the very nature of a servant,
   being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
   he humbled himself
   by becoming obedient to death—
      even death on a cross!

9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
   and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
   in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
   to the glory of God the Father.

Its a beautiful mystery :o)
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #145 on: February 05, 2012, 10:36:08 PM »

Those above versus seem easily understood and not mystery.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #146 on: February 05, 2012, 11:01:27 PM »
"mystery' doesn't mean 'something I cannot understand.'

mystery is a secret that is hidden from those who do not have access to the information for whatever reason, usually implying a special group [good or bad] to whom the secret is revealed.

"mystery"

G3466
μυστήριον
mustērion
moos-tay'-ree-on
From a derivative of μύω muō (to shut the mouth); a secret or "mystery" (through the idea of silence imposed by initiation into religious rites): - mystery.

There is also the mystery of iniquity.

For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way.  2 Thess 2:7

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #147 on: February 06, 2012, 12:12:50 AM »

Ummm...ok.
Using your preferred parlance;

Those above versus seem easily understood and not secret.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #148 on: February 06, 2012, 12:56:03 AM »
Obviously it is still secret because not everyone knows  the mystery.  But, Paul has been instructed by God to reveal the mystery to His saints among the Gentiles.

25Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

26Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

27To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

--Col 1

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #149 on: February 06, 2012, 01:00:07 AM »

So, thanks to Paul, it's no longer a secret!