Author Topic: The Christian Bible (1991)  (Read 26791 times)

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Re: The Christian Bible (1991)
« Reply #100 on: April 01, 2011, 02:22:33 AM »
2 Corinthians 4:7  Now I have this treasure in an earthen container, so that its immense power might be seen to come from God and not from me.  11  For although I am alive, I am constantly being delivered over to death because of Yesu, so that the Life of Yesu also might be made apparent in my dying flesh.  12  Therefore, it is death that is continually operating in me;  yet it is Life that is continually operating in you...  14 because I am aware that the One who has awakened the Master Yesu, will also wake up me to be together with Yesu, and will have me stand together with you...  16  For this reason I'm not discouraged, even though my outward human [body] is continually decaying, nevertheless my inner self is continually being revewed day by day.

5:1  For I am aware that if my earthly tent home [my temporary home (my present body)] is demolished, I'm going to have a building [a new body] that comes from God, a home...among the heavens that hasn't been made by hands.  2  For in this one [my present body] I am continually groaning, since I am continually desiring to put on, like clothes, my home that comes from heaven....
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #101 on: April 01, 2011, 07:25:18 AM »
From The Christian Bible Forward;

Christ vs. the Anointed One:  The Greek word "kristos" means the same thing as the Hebrew word "Messiah."  It is not a name;  but rather, a title, and therefore should be translated, just as "Messiah" was translated for people who didn't understand Hebrew.  The word was used with Yesu's name to differentiate Him from other people named "Yesu" or "Joshua", since only He is THE Anointed One.

(So the CB translators refer to Him as Yesu the Anointed One.)
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

rodm

« Reply #102 on: April 03, 2011, 10:28:09 AM »
WOW I LIKE THAT "TCB" Translation. I would love to have one, any more info about where to purchase or who to contact, websites ETC. Please let me know...

Thank you
rod

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #103 on: April 03, 2011, 12:09:08 PM »
WOW I LIKE THAT "TCB" Translation. I would love to have one, any more info about where to purchase or who to contact, websites ETC. Please let me know...

Thank you
rod

$20: Bible - shipping included in the USA
$25: Companion - shipping included in the USA
$39: Both - shipping included in the USA

For those living outside the USA contact them for shipping costs.
Snail mail only. Website is down for almost 2 years.

Christian Bible Society

Mammoth Spring
US 72554

+1.8705237988

Allow a month for shipping.
NT only.
Very good paper and printing quality.
Hardcover.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 06:28:03 AM by WhiteWings »
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

lifeboy

« Reply #104 on: April 13, 2011, 11:22:24 PM »
Dunno if any here has heard of the wayback machine...

http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20050308195836/http://www.christianbiblesociety.org/bible.shtml

The archives of the pages of the CB pages are all there...

regards

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2011, 11:36:01 PM »
Thank you friend :grin:
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2011, 08:48:17 AM »
Works great :thumbsup:
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #107 on: December 18, 2011, 04:58:43 PM »
So then, what shall we declare that Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh, has found?  For if Abraham was justified on the basis of his works, he has something to boast about, but not when facing God.  For what does the Writing say?  "And Abraham had faith in God, and it was regarded to him as being right [and just before God]".  Now to the person who is continually working, his wage isn't regarded as a favor, but as a debt.  Yet to the person who isn't continually working, yet is continually having his faith in the One who is justifying the undevoted person, his faith is regarded to him as being right [and just before God].  It is just like when David tells about the happiness of the human whom God regards as being right [and just before Him] apart from works:  "Happy is the person whose lawless ways have been forgiven, and whose wrongdoings have been covered.  Happy is the man whose wrondoing the Master shall by no means regard" [Psa. 32:1-2].  So then, is this happiness only for those who are circumcised, or is it also for those who are uncircumcised?  So then, under what circumstances was it regarded as being right [and just before God]?  While he was circumcised or uncircumcised?  It wasn't while he was circumcised, but while he was uncircumcised. Romans 4: 1-10  The Christian Bible

• Gold
« Reply #108 on: December 18, 2011, 06:13:00 PM »
Amen. Beautiful! :HeartThrob: :happyclap: :happyclap:
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

outpouring

« Reply #109 on: December 20, 2011, 12:09:50 AM »
Hi WhiteWings or anyone,

I went to that website for the Christian Bible, and read everything there.  I was very excited.  However,  I tried to email them at Mail@christianbiblesociety.org to ask a question.  The email came back with a permanent error.  So I tried to call them and it is disconnected.  Has anyone had success contacting them?  I would really like to get that bible. :sigh:

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #110 on: December 20, 2011, 12:24:14 AM »
Hi Outpouring,

Both of their e-mail adresses are broken for at least 2 years. Their site is gone.
James/Jabcat had success contacting/ordering by regular mail. Response time is about a month.
But that was almost 2 years ago, I have no clue what the situation is right now.

There are other good translations: http://www.concordant.org/version/index.html  ==> also a free electronic version.

Also check out the second link in my signature.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #111 on: December 20, 2011, 12:27:12 AM »
Christian Bible Society,
P.O. Box 530,
Mammoth Spring, AR 72554

ISBN 0-9645829-0-2

Note: TCB is New Testament only!

• Gold
« Reply #112 on: December 20, 2011, 12:50:48 AM »
Christian Bible Society,
P.O. Box 530,
Mammoth Spring, AR 72554

ISBN 0-9645829-0-2

Note: TCB is New Testament only!

Yes regular mail is the only way and it could take more than a  month, but its worth the wait. The key word is patience.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #113 on: December 20, 2011, 01:05:59 AM »
Pure Father, keep them by the power of Your name (the one that You have given to Me ['Yesu' means 'Yehweh-Savior']}...I have given your Word to them, and the world hated them, because they don't belong to the world, just as I don't belong to the world.  I'm not asking You to take them away out of the world, but to keep them from the Wicked One [Satan].  Purify them by the Truth;  Your Word is Truth!  Just as You have dispatched Me into the world, I have also dispatched them into the world.  So on their behalf I am purifying Myself, so that they might also be purified by the Truth.  "Now I'm not aksing only on the behalf of these, but also on the behalf of those who are continually believing in Me by means of their [the disciples]word, so that they all might continually be one, just as You, Father, are in union with Me, and I am in union with You;  John 17:12,14-21

outpouring

« Reply #114 on: December 20, 2011, 07:38:10 AM »
thanks everyone, :bigGrin:

I have the Concordant and Youngs Literal New Testaments.  Been using those to compare with my other bibles.  I was impressed with the Christian Bible that the test on how literal it was and how it flowed.  Very nice reading.  Am curious to see how they dealt with some of the words I have been looking at and to see how it harmonizes with UR.  Have been tying to understand the part where those who have died with out Christ will eventually have the ability to bow their knew and confess Christ later on.  So far I only have two scriptures in the New Testament which are  (1Tim. 4:10, 1Cor.15:23) and (1Tim. 2:6) but I am getting off the subject and really should be posting this somewhere else.

I guess I should take a chance and purchase the Christian Bible.  I heard of another one that is in the making but I don't know if it will be as good, score wise.  It is called Transparent English Bible (TEB) It is from the Original Bible Project.  Don't think it is out yet.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #115 on: December 20, 2011, 08:04:08 AM »
I'm only surmising, giving my IMPRESSION from how I perceive it, but it seems to me they may lean toward annihilation. 

It is a very good reading Bible.  There are little comments within the text that informative, and other ones I could do without.  For instance, they say things like (in the Fiery Destruction of the last age).  They also say it's God's will for "all kinds of humans to be saved and come to the knowledge.." rather than all men.   So that could go along with annihilationism.  They don't use 'hell'.  So,  :dontknow: for sure ...

outpouring

« Reply #116 on: December 20, 2011, 08:18:21 AM »
Thanks Jabcat,

well despite those types of comments, all in all, you think it is a good translation?  It sure seems easier reading than the concordant.  Appreciate your analysis. :thumbsup:

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #117 on: December 20, 2011, 10:13:52 AM »
Yes it's a good translation. The comments are always [....]
But that's not what James means I think. Outside the [] is also a doctrinal view. But it's very mild. Perhaps it isn't even there.
I discussed this with James in PM and back then he wasn't really sure about it.
There are several possibilities:
a] Doctrinal translation.
b] Honest translation that doesn't use the best possible words at a few places.
c] Annihilationism is totally Biblical.
d] James sees things that are not there. That includes me because IIRC I brought up the topic.

Little note about c]
True Biblical annihilationism might be misundertood. Sodom got totally annihilated but God prommised it would be restored to greater glory as it had before. :2c:

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #118 on: December 20, 2011, 10:31:56 AM »
OP, I found some low-res scans on one of my backups.
https://rcpt.yousendit.com/1320334906/a70c283f771bd11a04ae7d93fffcab61

If you wish you can request a few extra scans (in higher resolution)

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #119 on: December 26, 2011, 09:33:42 AM »
Here's an example of something that sounds like an annihilation perspective in the Christian Bible;

The Father loves the Son, and has given everything into His hand.  Whoever is continually believing in the Son, has Life in the Last Age;  yet whoever is continually unpersuaded by the Son, won't see Life, but God's anger is staying on him [such that he will be destroyed in the Fire]."   John 3:35,36

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #120 on: December 26, 2011, 10:44:31 AM »
First thing to note is the usage of Fire instead of fire.

How long does that age last? Why does destruction takes an age? Does that age refer to the "next age" of the so-called unpardonable sin?

(Matt 25:46) And, these, shall go away, into, ageľabiding, correction, but, the righteous, into, ageľabiding, life.

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #121 on: December 26, 2011, 06:57:26 PM »
First thing to note is the usage of Fire instead of fire.

How long does that age last? Why does destruction takes an age? Does that age refer to the "next age" of the so-called unpardonable sin?

(Matt 25:46) And, these, shall go away, into, ageľabiding, correction, but, the righteous, into, ageľabiding, life.

The use of punctuation and capitalization is pitfall enough, but unavoidable with our language. The unnecessary use of capital letters and phrases in parenthesis, in my opinion, is for no other reason than to present the biases of the translators(whether deliberate or not, who cares, the effect is the same).
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #122 on: December 26, 2011, 07:27:00 PM »
In this case the caps perhaps tell us something about the ED view of the translators.

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #123 on: December 26, 2011, 07:33:16 PM »
IMO that is what we are seeing
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

FireBobcat

« Reply #124 on: January 09, 2012, 09:29:26 AM »
I sent a check in to the address above just over 1 month ago... as of yet it has not been returned to me, nor cashed (and obviously I haven't received the Bible still either)... hoping it comes through, sounds like quite the interesting and enlightening translation (even if perhaps it has an ED bias as some of you suspect - though good point by WhiteWings on Sodom...)