Apologetics - Universal Reconciliation > Word Studies

revelation 21:3

(1/2) > >>

erwan:
i have already asked this question on another forum , and maybe already on this one
revelation 21:3 young's literal translation: " WILL tabernacle with them" "SHALL be his" "SHALL be with them"
is there different kind of future in greek between the "WILL" and "SHALL" ?
thank you for very much your help

erwan:
somebody said me that God the father will (without the son) tabernacle
and God (father and son) SHALL be with men
What do you think ?

WhiteWings:
(Rev 21:3) And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them.

(John 1:14) And the Word became flesh and tabernacles among us, and we gaze at His glory, a glory as of an only-begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth."

I think it means Jesus is the Tabernacle/booth/tent/hut so Jesus will be here.
"And God himself will be with them"
Father also. I'm not sure it means 'personally' or dwelling within Jesus. :dontknow:

sheila:
and I heard a loud voice from the throne saying'NOW THE DWELLING OF GOD IS WITH MEN, AND

HE WILL LIVE WITH THEM.THEY WILL BE HIS PEOPLE,AND GOD HIMSELF WILL BE WITH THEM

AND BE THEIR GOD....

God created man for His spirit to dwell in[not evil contrast spirit to sit in men as an abomination]

I did not see a temple in the city, because....the Lord God and the Lamb are it's temple..........union

of man with God is what it is all about.

when Jesus prayed for his disciples..He prayed for them to enjoy the same oneness with God that He enjoyed

the complete unity of mind heart and body with God[spirit]

eaglesway:

--- Quote from: WhiteWings on October 19, 2012, 11:46:49 PM ---(Rev 21:3) And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them.

(John 1:14) And the Word became flesh and tabernacles among us, and we gaze at His glory, a glory as of an only-begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth."

I think it means Jesus is the Tabernacle/booth/tent/hut so Jesus will be here.
"And God himself will be with them"
Father also. I'm not sure it means 'personally' or dwelling within Jesus. :dontknow:

--- End quote ---

Wherever two or more gather in my name, there will I be also.

Whatever two or more of you agree upon in My name, my Father will do for you.

That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me. And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version