Author Topic: Lucifer/ADAM  (Read 14106 times)

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
Re: Lucifer/ADAM
« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2011, 02:22:40 AM »

Jesus was the Fathers Will, no choosing. [my opinion]

Mine too.
:dsunny:

Splitting hairs, semantics, in my opinion (no offense intended :o)

No offence, but in my opinion I dont see  the splitting of hairs and semantics?

"Jesus chose.."? I do not see a choice here at all, I'm sorry. Perhaps I should have said Jesus is the Fathers Will. I dont understand how you say its splitting of hairs and semantics.  Joh 10:30  I and my Father are one. How or where did a choice come into place.

"Jesus chose to do the Father's will." Eagleswings

Jesus was the Fathers Will, no choosing. [my opinion]
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #101 on: November 17, 2011, 05:38:22 AM »
Matthew 16;26...what good would it be for a man if he gain the whole world[dominion] but forfeits his soul

:cloud9: Wow.....love this Sheila  :thumbsup:

:cloud9: Not sure how you meant it, but I heard it as a witness to what happened in the garden, loud and clear. Adam wasn't willing to forfeit his soul so he could maintain dominion,which would have been the epitome of selfishness.

That reminds me of this verse, too.

Whoever seeks to keep his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it. [Lk 17:33]

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #102 on: November 17, 2011, 06:12:11 AM »
Matthew 16;26...what good would it be for a man if he gain the whole world[dominion] but forfeits his soul

:cloud9: Not sure how you meant it, but I heard it as a witness to what happened in the garden, loud and clear. Adam wasn't willing to forfeit his soul so he could maintain dominion,which would have been the epitome of selfishness.

Whoever seeks to keep his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it. [Lk 17:33]

Adam lost his life because he tried to save it. He ate, he died. We have to quit eating to find ours.
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #103 on: November 17, 2011, 09:11:14 AM »
Just by way of explanation, I see Jesus as a man who had to struggle. I believe he fought that fight from the wellspring of love within his heart for his Father, but I don't think it was automatic or easy. I believe his choosing was a free will offering out of the abundance of his heart. However, how could he sympathize with our weakness if he did not know weakness.

Heb 5:7-8  In the days of His flesh, He offered up both prayers and supplications with loud crying and tears to the One able to save Him from death, and He was heard because of His piety. Although He was a Son, He learned obedience from the things which He suffered.

Choosing is an implicit part of obeying. Choosing is not a negative, it is a positive, when the choice is positive. The idea that Jesus never had to choose makes no sense to me at all. It is like a stain glass picture in an ornate church. It is  beautiful but not real. It does not translate into tears. Tears equal pain.

Father, it it be your will, make this cup pass from me, but nevertheless, not my will but yours be done.

The struggle of Jesus, his dependence upon the Father, being strength perfected in weakness, is the key to our liberation, in my opinion. The beautified image of Jesus as always flowing out serenity and never struggling with the flesh is to me, unrealistic and unscriptural and belies the true nature of his victory.

"O you of little faith, how long must I bear with you?"

He was a man. He was tempted in all ways like as we are, yet without sin. He struggled with the world, the flesh, the devil and he overcame them and in doing so became the author of our salvation. Throughout that process, he made many choices- always the right ones for the right reasons, because of the abundance of his love. The captain of our salvation was perfected through suffering so that he could lead many sons unto glory- who are to be perfected through the same process, "learning obedience through the things they suffer". :2c:
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #104 on: November 17, 2011, 03:50:44 PM »
Adam lost dominion because he wasn't willing to lay down his soul[living soul].Thus going into slavery to sin[spirit[abdicated position]

Jesus lay down His soul in order to take it back up again[gain kingdom/dominion] suffering death[soul poured out] in obediance[life-giving spirit]

:2c:

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2011, 04:01:16 PM »

Adam lost his life because he tried to save it. He ate, he died. We have to quit eating to find ours.

See, I don't see it that way.  Adam died for Eve in the same way Christ died for the church. 

Adam is a type of Christ.   Both men did what they did out of love.

With Adam we see a literal fullfillment of ---if you die you will produce many seeds.

No children were born until they left the garden.

With Christ we see a spiritual fullfillment of the same thing.

I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. [Jn 12:24]

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #106 on: November 17, 2011, 09:36:14 PM »
Adam lost dominion because he wasn't willing to lay down his soul[living soul].Thus going into slavery to sin[spirit[abdicated position]

Jesus lay down His soul in order to take it back up again[gain kingdom/dominion] suffering death[soul poured out] in obediance[life-giving spirit]

:2c:

:cloud9: You know how when He quickens a scripture to you, you can't "hear" it any other way then (and I know you do)?  Well, once I heard what you wrote, I can't hear this, this way, anymore. He's been shaking some things in Genesis for me, here lately. That's just where I am, at the moment, all things are subject to change, LOL.....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #107 on: November 17, 2011, 09:38:54 PM »
Just by way of explanation, I see Jesus as a man who had to struggle. I believe he fought that fight from the wellspring of love within his heart for his Father, but I don't think it was automatic or easy. I believe his choosing was a free will offering out of the abundance of his heart. However, how could he sympathize with our weakness if he did not know weakness.

Heb 5:7-8  In the days of His flesh, He offered up both prayers and supplications with loud crying and tears to the One able to save Him from death, and He was heard because of His piety. Although He was a Son, He learned obedience from the things which He suffered.

Choosing is an implicit part of obeying. Choosing is not a negative, it is a positive, when the choice is positive. The idea that Jesus never had to choose makes no sense to me at all. It is like a stain glass picture in an ornate church. It is  beautiful but not real. It does not translate into tears. Tears equal pain.

Father, it it be your will, make this cup pass from me, but nevertheless, not my will but yours be done.

The struggle of Jesus, his dependence upon the Father, being strength perfected in weakness, is the key to our liberation, in my opinion. The beautified image of Jesus as always flowing out serenity and never struggling with the flesh is to me, unrealistic and unscriptural and belies the true nature of his victory.

"O you of little faith, how long must I bear with you?"

He was a man. He was tempted in all ways like as we are, yet without sin. He struggled with the world, the flesh, the devil and he overcame them and in doing so became the author of our salvation. Throughout that process, he made many choices- always the right ones for the right reasons, because of the abundance of his love. The captain of our salvation was perfected through suffering so that he could lead many sons unto glory- who are to be perfected through the same process, "learning obedience through the things they suffer". :2c:

:cloud9: Exactly.  :thumbsup:  If He was already perfected, how does that in any way compare to what we have to go thru?
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #108 on: November 17, 2011, 09:42:21 PM »

See, I don't see it that way.  Adam died for Eve in the same way Christ died for the church. 

Adam is a type of Christ.   Both men did what they did out of love.

With Adam we see a literal fullfillment of ---if you die you will produce many seeds.

No children were born until they left the garden.

With Christ we see a spiritual fullfillment of the same thing.

I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. [Jn 12:24]

:cloud9: I was never totally convinced of this, until I "heard" that scripture Sheila quoted the other day and He quickened it to me. Now I know with my "knower", and He can build upon this in me as He chooses. I just love it when He does that, LOL..... :happygrin:

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #109 on: November 17, 2011, 09:43:00 PM »
 Genesis 1
 26 Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Question:  This was given to them "before" they were driven out of the garden and on to the earth.  The intent all along was for them to "rule over" the fish, the birds, the livestock and all the wild animals on the ground . . .is this not implying that it was God's intention all along for them to be living "on" the earth?

28 God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground."
    29 Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food." And it was so.

If they were "in" the garden, they were not driven from the garden until after they ate of knowledge.  Could they have multiplied and filled the earth "from" the garden?  Or did they "have to leave" the garden in order for this to be fulfilled?  The fruit of the trees were to be their food, yet they were "in" the garden.  Could it be they're nourishment could be harvested from the trees of the earth while they remained in the garden?  Or did they "have" to be driven from the garden in order for them to accomplish this?

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2011, 04:43:41 AM »
IMO Sin and death did not enter the sons of men because of a selfless act. God is not arbitrary. Its not, "You broke the rules so all mankind must suffer for it, even tho you had a good reason for it". God is all about reasons, he tries the reigns and the hearts. It is the secrets of our hearts that bear us up or tear us down. If Adams act was altruistic, it would not have brought death. He ate, not for her sake, but for his. He didnt want to lose her, and the comfort she brought him, and that same spirit is at the bottom of many expulsions from the garden even today. Only when everything, even our love for our spouse, is "made subject", "given up to", the living sacrifice- will life arise out of the relationship. Then the "tree of life" bears fruit beside the river that flows from underneath the throne. Perhaps, had Adam not ate [sic], when God came around and Adam said ,"What can we do?". God would have said, " Will you die for her?" Then Adam could have been crucified and Christ would not have been necessary.

LOL BLASPHEMY BLASPHEMY!!!

• Gold
« Reply #111 on: November 18, 2011, 06:02:43 AM »
The woman/man ate........ simply.... it was HIS purpose.
Any other reason or way of thinking is admitting that God, the Lord God did not have, or lost His WILL in the matter.
How can any one really think, reason, or consider that man/woman had any say whatsoever in the deed? To do so is to weaken the Creator.

This work in the garden was not happenstance, He had and still has His plan and purpose which will be finished and completed; deep think it all you will, puzzle all your spiritual pieces together... to even linger on the thought that woman/man/adam made a choice,  other than what the Master had set into motion,  is truly under estimating JEHOVAH, in fact not believing in Him at all.

Either God, Elohiem, Jehovah, Jesus Christ is the BEGINNING and the END or He is naught, in the measurement of the whole of it ALL.

Sorry to the moderator, that was it.
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #112 on: November 18, 2011, 02:42:29 PM »
   All things work according to the counsel of His will, standing back in the big picture. That is obvious. We could end all discussions right there, of course. Yet, as we discuss the particular aspects of what took place, there are other perspectives. Why did David murder Uriah? Sure at the bottom of it was according to the plan of God. Why did Cain kill Able? Same thing. We can be assured that God has never lost His sovereignty in any momentary event or series of events. That does not mean that within that moment there are not issues that we can discuss without suggesting that God somehow fell out of the loop:o)

I think about all of us understand that the creation was not subjected to futility of its own will, but was subjected by God in hope that the whole creation will be set free from futility into the glorious liberty of the son of God. Yet, we have this whole terrific book of mysteries that we discuss in the process of discovering the many facets of what He has done through others-gaining perhaps, insight into what He is doing in us.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #113 on: November 18, 2011, 03:43:38 PM »
IMO Sin and death did not enter the sons of men because of a selfless act. God is not arbitrary. Its not, "You broke the rules so all mankind must suffer for it, even tho you had a good reason for it". God is all about reasons, he tries the reigns and the hearts. It is the secrets of our hearts that bear us up or tear us down. If Adams act was altruistic, it would not have brought death. He ate, not for her sake, but for his. He didnt want to lose her, and the comfort she brought him, and that same spirit is at the bottom of many expulsions from the garden even today. Only when everything, even our love for our spouse, is "made subject", "given up to", the living sacrifice- will life arise out of the relationship. Then the "tree of life" bears fruit beside the river that flows from underneath the throne. Perhaps, had Adam not ate [sic], when God came around and Adam said ,"What can we do?". God would have said, " Will you die for her?" Then Adam could have been crucified and Christ would not have been necessary.

:cloud9: If I may add a word of explanation........

This is how He works with me. I hear a scripture opened, the life in it revealed, and it doesn't matter one iota what came before (in my understanding), nor (blasphemy, blasphemy lol) how many UNOPENED scriptures SEEM to contradict what I heard.

He has been fine tuning my hearing, in that instead of the many opened scriptures it used to take to change my mind (as I wrestled all thru the night/darkness of my Jacobish/soulish nature looking for an outward manifestation I could "touch, see and feel" ie. more letter understanding), He has now cut down the wrestling time down to it only taking ONE opened scripture and there is no more wrestling (out of fear of being deceived or anything else) looking for others to back it up, but instead I rest knowing in His season at the appointed time He will bring the harvest of many.

So I'm sitting here, happy with my one scripture He opened the other day, anticipating a mighty harvest of scriptures that will reveal the principle from Genesis to Revelation, as do all of His principles. So until then, I'll be bowing out of the discussion, lol.....Blessings...

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #114 on: November 18, 2011, 08:20:34 PM »
   All things work according to the counsel of His will, standing back in the big picture. That is obvious. We could end all discussions right there, of course. Yet, as we discuss the particular aspects of what took place, there are other perspectives. Why did David murder Uriah? Sure at the bottom of it was according to the plan of God. Why did Cain kill Able? Same thing. We can be assured that God has never lost His sovereignty in any momentary event or series of events. That does not mean that within that moment there are not issues that we can discuss without suggesting that God somehow fell out of the loop:o)

I think about all of us understand that the creation was not subjected to futility of its own will, but was subjected by God in hope that the whole creation will be set free from futility into the glorious liberty of the son of God. Yet, we have this whole terrific book of mysteries that we discuss in the process of discovering the many facets of what He has done through others-gaining perhaps, insight into what He is doing in us.

well said  :thumbsup:

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #115 on: November 19, 2011, 06:36:34 AM »

:cloud9: If I may add a word of explanation........

This is how He works with me. I hear a scripture opened, the life in it revealed, and it doesn't matter one iota what came before (in my understanding), nor (blasphemy, blasphemy lol) how many UNOPENED scriptures SEEM to contradict what I heard.

He has been fine tuning my hearing, in that instead of the many opened scriptures it used to take to change my mind (as I wrestled all thru the night/darkness of my Jacobish/soulish nature looking for an outward manifestation I could "touch, see and feel" ie. more letter understanding), He has now cut down the wrestling time down to it only taking ONE opened scripture and there is no more wrestling (out of fear of being deceived or anything else) looking for others to back it up, but instead I rest knowing in His season at the appointed time He will bring the harvest of many.

So I'm sitting here, happy with my one scripture He opened the other day, anticipating a mighty harvest of scriptures that will reveal the principle from Genesis to Revelation, as do all of His principles. So until then, I'll be bowing out of the discussion, lol.....Blessings...

Blessings  :HeartThrob: My intention is not to debate-and I get blessed by about everything you share, and even if I disagree sometimes, the sharing and the exchange of ideas is edifying.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #116 on: October 22, 2012, 02:42:56 PM »
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
« Reply #117 on: October 22, 2012, 03:18:07 PM »
I love when a verse of scripture or an article makes me think of something in a whole new way.
This is what happened to me reading the article at the web address that whitewings posted.
Here it is again one of those things that make you go, HHMMMM:

http://greater-emmanuel.org/jm/wholucifer.htm
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #118 on: October 22, 2012, 04:44:49 PM »
yes,the law and commandments taken out of the way...and grace freely given.  also,scriptures that

speak of all things death and life..etc are yours..since He give us His son...shows the former

sin/tresspass against God..that took place in the garden..when Adam/Eve ate from the tree that

God reserved for Himself..was no longer being held against them..through Christ. The overcoming

the world/death that was in the tree okogae's; the  antidote was the tol in Christ..the .grace of God

in Christ..the power to become the sons of God..the incorruptible.....the GLORIOUS FREEDOM OF

THE SONS OF GOD..AS HEIR OF ALL THINGS

one other thing...please discern..the teaching tool..or rod of discipline in the tokogae...known

as evil[a contrast of God and His goodness]  Jesus preached the knowing of God as eternal life..taste and

know that God IS GOOD!  AND COMING TO KNOW THE GOODNESS OF GOD...THAT HE IS LOVE

AND HAS GIVEN US HIS SON....AND BY HIS GRACE WE ARE SAVED FROM THE EVIL AND DEATH

IN THE TOKOGAE.

and as the law[tokogae] was the ministry of death..to serve as a tutor to lead us to Christ...who leads us

to the knowledge of the goodness and mercy and grace and LOVE of the Father...which is to KNOW

THE FATHER IS LIFE ETERNAL

a very hard lesson indeed......if the rightous should strike me..it would even be a blessing...

the 'curse' that came through disobediance,otherwise know as 'evil' was an adversarial spirit that

raised up and overcome us[sin is crouching at the door..it desires to have you, but you must Master it]

Isaaih 54;7  For a brief moment I abandoned you,but with deep compassion I will bring you back

In a surge of anger I hid my face from you for a moment,but with everlasting kindness I will have

compassion on you,says the Lord your redeemer.  To me, this is like the days of Noah, when I swore

that the waters of Noah would never again cover the earth.So now I have sworn not to be angry

with you,never to rebuke you again. though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed

yet,my unfailing love for you will not be shaken,nor my covenant of peace be removed...O'afflicted city

I will build you with stones of turquoise,your foundations with sapphires,your gates of sparkling jewels

and all your walls of precious stones.ALL YOUR SONS WILL BE TAUGHT BY THE LORD....AND GREAT

WILL BE YOUR CHILDREN'S PEACE......if anyone does attack you,it will not be my doing..whoever

attacks you will surrender to you.

SEE..IT IS I WHO CREATED THE BLACKSMITH  WHO FANS THE COALS INTO FLAME AND FORGES

A WEAPON FIT FOR IT'S WORK   AND IT IS I WHO CREATED THE DESTROYER TO WORK HAVOC

NO WEAPON FORGED AGAINST YOU WILL PREVAIL, AND YOU WILL REFUTE EVERY TONGUE THAT

ACCUSES YOU.  THIS IS THE HERITAGE OF THE SERVANTS OF THE LORD AND THIS IS THEIR VINDICATION

FROM ME.

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #119 on: October 22, 2012, 05:09:26 PM »
YOU WILL REFUTE EVERY TONGUE THAT ACCUSES YOU.

Needed that. The accuser seems to be working overtime lately around here.
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

• Gold
« Reply #121 on: February 27, 2014, 05:10:38 PM »
Just as 'satan' is not a proper name, it is the word used for adversary/enemy. "...lucifer. It is not a proper name but the Latin word for 'morning star.' "
It is amazing to me how those 2 words, satan and lucifer have evolved into so many of man's stories. Saying that, I find that the enemy/adversary is a sly seeker and very awesome and dangerous in our spiritual combat. :Peace2:

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #122 on: March 01, 2014, 08:54:21 PM »
YOU WILL REFUTE EVERY TONGUE THAT ACCUSES YOU.

Needed that. The accuser seems to be working overtime lately around here.

The refutation will be, I am reconciled by the blood of His cross :o)

• Gold
« Reply #123 on: March 01, 2014, 09:48:28 PM »
 :dsunny: