Author Topic: Loved  (Read 898 times)

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
Loved
« on: September 27, 2012, 11:11:02 PM »
In The New Strong's 2001 the word "loved"is AGAPAO Jo. 3:16, and is a Perfect Participle Passive the word loved G25 is translated "beloved" example 1 Thes. 1:4 and another 2 Thes.2:13 and others

The CLT has it, For God LOVES and is giving.... Understood that way, takes it out of the past tense and now and happening.

Any thoughts? Makes me happier anyway. :dsunny:
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

• Gold
Re: Loved
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 07:21:40 AM »
Brass.
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 07:32:03 AM »
For thus God loves the world, so that He gives His only-begotten Son, that everyone who is believing in Him should not be perishing, but may be having life eonian." For God does not dispatch His Son into the world that He should be judging the world, but that the world may be saved through Him."
(Joh 3:16-17)

His sacrifice is ever effectual and His love is ever accessible. :o)
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.com

• Gold
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 05:18:14 PM »
For thus God loves the world, so that He gives His only-begotten Son, that everyone who is believing in Him should not be perishing, but may be having life eonian." For God does not dispatch His Son into the world that He should be judging the world, but that the world may be saved through Him."
(Joh 3:16-17)

His sacrifice is ever effectual and His love is ever accessible. :o)

Glory! Amen :dsunny:

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
  • The truth points to itself. -Kosh Naranek
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 08:05:22 PM »
Does not a proper understanding of Greek tenses (Some of them are hard to get one's understanding around if you're an English-only speaker/thinker.) tend to support universalism?
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.

• Gold
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 09:02:07 PM »
Does not a proper understanding of Greek tenses (Some of them are hard to get one's understanding around if you're an English-only speaker/thinker.) tend to support universalism?

Yes, I believe it does.

Offline dajomaco

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 12:30:12 AM »
 "For God loved the world in this way:[j] He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world that He might condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. 18 Anyone who believes in Him is not condemned, but anyone who does not believe is already condemned, because he has not believed in the name of the One and Only Son of God.

Condemned  to declare to be reprehensible, wrong,
or evil usually after weighing evidence and without reservation.

The other side of the coin.

Exonerate to relieve of a responsibility, obligation, or hardship
to clear from accusation or blame.

We started life and continued in life consciously aware of our condemnation.We even subconsciously were aware that we were condemned.

Now we are consciously aware that we have to the Glory of God been exonerated.
Our subconscious is becoming more aware of our exoneration.
We enter the Kingdom of God when we are consciously
and subconsciously aware of our new Identity in Christ.

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 05:11:17 AM »

A proper understanding of the Hebrew words and concepts, pre -Greek, does much more to enhance ones understanding of the restoration of all things. The "Greekization" of the Hebrew scriptures was the biggest culprit in the corruption of the gospel in the first place.

Even if one were to decide that for some reason they thought Jesus spoke Greek, or Paul or Peter or John or James(theres your whole new testament)did, clearly, they THOUGHT in HEBREW COSMOLOGY and CONCEPTUALIZATION. Nearly everything Jesus said was a renewal of the words of the prophets of Israel.

What Plato or Aristotle thought "aion" means really has very little to bear on what Jesus or Paul thought when they spoke of "olam"- the Hebrew word/concept from which "aion" is translated. IMO the infatuation with Greek meanings and tenses is a stumbling block to understanding the scriptures. It was the Greeks who gave us "Hades", which eventually became "HELL".

IMO the best way to see the whole counsel of God is to go THROUGH the Greek to the HEBREW THOUGHT/WORDS/CONCEPTS behind the scriptures.
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.com