Author Topic: Lost souls  (Read 5316 times)

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
Lost souls
« on: October 01, 2012, 04:37:22 PM »
Did a word search for "lost souls" and "lost soul" in the Bible and found that the combination is nowhere to be found. :dsunny: :banana: :happyclap:
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Re: Lost souls
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 05:34:15 PM »
While likely anyone on a UR forum will agree with that I think a simple word search only proves the words you searched for aren't in the Bible.
There are many other ways to say/imply the same. I'm not saying there are such words but I think a word search should include more that just 2 search terms.
 :2c:
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 05:40:29 PM »
 :iagree:  WW , 

Life and soul are interchangable in meaning

example  and definition 

Mat 10:39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
Mat 16:25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
Strong's G5590 - psychē
1) breath

a) the breath of life
1) the vital force which animates the body and shows itself in breathing

a) of animals

b) of men

b) life

c) that in which there is life

1) a living being, a living soul

2) the soul

a) the seat of the feelings, desires, affections, aversions (our heart, soul etc.)

b) the (human) soul in so far as it is constituted that by the right use of the aids offered it by God it can attain its highest end and secure eternal blessedness, the soul regarded as a moral being designed for everlasting life

c) the soul as an essence which differs from the body and is not dissolved by death (distinguished from other parts of the body)

just trying to help Micah  :dsunny:
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 05:44:01 PM by rosered »

• Gold
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 06:25:48 PM »
Thanks Rosered, I just found it interesting everybody out in Christendom are seeking lost souls.
Luk 19:10  for the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.' Now that is Good News!

On a side note, anymore I personally stay away from most "soul" definitions, and death. :dunno2:
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline CHB

• Silver
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 07:43:59 PM »
On a side note, anymore I personally stay away from most "soul" definitions, and death. :dunno2:

Why micah? This topic seems to be one of your strongest points. I have a couple of topics I feel I understand better than anything else I think I know  :Pray: I don't know a great deal and am still learning things as time goes by but there are a couple of topics I feel I could measure up to the best of them.

Nevermind micah, I think I misunderstood what you actually said. You said "definations", not topics.

CHB
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 07:50:36 PM by CHB »

Offline dajomaco

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 08:32:30 PM »
CHB why don't you start the soul as a topic.
I have a very clear understanding of the soul, flesh and spirit.
I do not have a clear understanding of how to start a new thread or post  :dunno2:

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 09:41:08 PM »
imo   the lost souls can be likened to the 40 years of wandering in the wilderness..like a sheep without

a shepherd...until 'that wicked" generation had died off/perished...then the entering in to the promises

when God sought to deliver Isreal from bondage to  Pharoah in egypt...it was to take a three day

journey to offer a sacrifice...this is a parallel to Christs 3 day journey/and on the third day I shall be perfected...

as His sacrifice was pleasing unto the Lord........

a three day journey led of our true shepherd...vs a 40 year wandering til the wicked perish

Jesus walked a strait and narrow course unto Jerusalem..without veering to the right or veering to the left

much like an erect pole that bore a coiling serpent path around it[used as a sign of healing even unto today

that is how He bore our sin/errors in His flesh...our wandering lostness in the wilderness..away from

the strait and narrow leading to life...those who had been snake-bit]

the son of perdition[everlasting cutting off that perishes in the wilderness] will perish from all of us.....

Jesus and the comfortor will lead us to everlasting waters and pasture us on rich pastures......

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 09:54:47 PM »
I do not have a clear understanding of how to start a new thread or post  :dunno2:
Go to  a section in which you want to start a thread. Lounge for example.
Press the "New Topic" button near the top.

Enter a title and you post. That's it.
Or click: http://tentmaker.org/forum/lounge/?action=post
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

• Gold
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 12:08:21 AM »

Have a fruitful journey. :Peace2:

• Gold
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 12:19:41 AM »
imo   the lost souls can be likened to the 40 years of wandering in the wilderness..like a sheep without

a shepherd...until 'that wicked" generation had died off/perished...then the entering in to the promises

when God sought to deliver Isreal from bondage to  Pharoah in egypt...it was to take a three day

journey to offer a sacrifice...this is a parallel to Christs 3 day journey/and on the third day I shall be perfected...

as His sacrifice was pleasing unto the Lord........

a three day journey led of our true shepherd...vs a 40 year wandering til the wicked perish

Jesus walked a strait and narrow course unto Jerusalem..without veering to the right or veering to the left

much like an erect pole that bore a coiling serpent path around it[used as a sign of healing even unto today

that is how He bore our sin/errors in His flesh...our wandering lostness in the wilderness..away from

the strait and narrow leading to life...those who had been snake-bit]

the son of perdition[everlasting cutting off that perishes in the wilderness] will perish from all of us.....

Jesus and the comfortor will lead us to everlasting waters and pasture us on rich pastures......

I understand WW, my thought was most denominations in religion teach that the "job" is to save "lost souls or a lost soul," and the Bible is vacant in offering, that teaching. Now, finding that which is lost is a given.....in time.
Luk 15:4  What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?
I believe the parable states, "until he find it.".. For me that shows of a truth, that lost sheep WILL be found. Again it is just me :sigh:

Offline CHB

• Silver
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 01:19:42 AM »

The soul is not a subject that I have a clear understanding of.

CHB

• Gold
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 02:43:32 AM »

The soul is not a subject that I have a clear understanding of.

CHB

The FIRST thing to KNOW is that you, as a human being are a soul. All persons are souls. The Lord God did not give you a soul, you are a soul. The Lord God when He breathed into the formed dust of the ground, man became a living soul(human being) a person. (Gen. 2:7) The Greek language(or intelligence) assumed or decided that human emotions and appetites were the soul, rather than our sentient being. Man does not have an "immortal soul" of a truth man does not have a soul, man has feelings, emotions, appetites, desires all the mechanisms that make us want.
Rom 8:20  For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
Rom 8:21  Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
God gave man the desires and appetites, and hungers that amplified mans feelings, our nature. The Christian Bible is the only translation I have found that gives souls their proper perspective. Once one can see that we are souls and souls are not our motivation, I believe the thought process is solved. I am  very small minority. I also believe the theory, that man is made up of body-soul-spirit is the staple of trinity evolution. (OOPS....A subject not allowed.) Point according to the Bible, man is a soul, he does not have a soul. :doh:

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2012, 03:12:33 AM »

What about animals they also  are a soul too  right  :Chinscratch:  they show  emotions such as rage and anger and love  they express alot of the same "feelings" as  humans do
 my horse Joe , He can always tell the   days I am sad , he comforts me by breathing into my  hair and rests his head on my shoulder  , letting me know he  understands  and comforts   
 the bond is there ..
  as with our Pom  , he understands and reacts  on or emotions that the soul   expresses , very  smart little guy  :dsunny:

Ecc 3:19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts;

even one thing befalleth them:

as the one dieth, so dieth the other;

yea, they have all one breath;

so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast:

for all [is] vanity.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 03:20:15 AM by rosered »

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2012, 03:33:29 AM »
 when you are spiritually dead you are lost........parable of prodigal son..parable of lost sheep

I NEVER ONCE# SAID THAT THE LOST WILL NOT BE SE#ARCHED FOR OF THE SHEPHERD

He came to seek and tosave what was lost

Acts 27;22

when you are dead in sin and tresspass you are lost...when you are apprehended by the Good Shepherd you

are found

parable of the lost drachma

Jesus spoke of those who traverse land and sea to make a proselyte..and then they are two-fold the child

of hell..after they get done with them..THAT IS TRUE

it's just  :sigh:me.

the diference from man and animal is spiritual life in God's image/dominion/kingdom/reign over all

of the lesser creatures of the creation...withoulf the spiritual life of God in you..you are lost

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2012, 08:36:15 AM »

What about animals they also  are a soul too  right  :Chinscratch:  they show  emotions such as rage and anger and love  they express alot of the same "feelings" as  humans do
 my horse Joe , He can always tell the   days I am sad , he comforts me by breathing into my  hair and rests his head on my shoulder  , letting me know he  understands  and comforts   
 the bond is there ..
  as with our Pom  , he understands and reacts  on or emotions that the soul   expresses , very  smart little guy  :dsunny:
:thumbsup:

• Gold
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2012, 05:31:47 PM »

the bond is there ..

Ecc 3:19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts;

even one thing befalleth them:

as the one dieth, so dieth the other;

yea, they have all one breath;

so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast:

for all [is] vanity.

Then you get it!  :dsunny:

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2012, 06:28:02 PM »
 but...what about the only begotton son of God..heir of all..that is granted to have life in Himself?

that laid down His soul in order to take it back up.?

yeah..the soul that is sinning/missing the mark of the high calling in Christ will die...with all his desires

and mind in opposition to God.

but the soul of the righteous in Christ shall live..a new creature...I am making all things new

if we are one with Him in body,spirit,mind and heart..then we are one soul  UNION ONE with the immortal

since the Lamb was slain before the founding of the world..and since we see the great cloud

of wittness borne along of Holy spirit tesifying of this seed of immortality...through Moses/law and

Elijah/prophets..to the voice of God in the garden speaking of the woman's seed...to John the baptist

declaring the Lamb of God that will take away the sins of the world..to the revelations..of the new

heaven and earth..where death shall be no more.

the angel of the Lord..the angel of the Lord the angel of the Lord...as a thread ministering throughout

the word of God...to those who receive/inherit eternal life.  Even man made in the image and

likeness of the celestial One

I tell you..those raised up in Christ are one with the body of the Lamb...that was slain and put

to death in the flesh due to sin/sacrifice[unless blood is poured out there is no forgiveness of sin]

and now..spirit and mind in agreement with God..dwelling in this body undergoing this death...

who shall deliver you from it?  Lift yourselves erect  your deliverence draws nigh

there are two seeds in the feild..two men in the bed..two women at the handmill, good and evil

in the tree of knowlege, old and new, ministry of death/ministry of life, corrupt one,incorruptible one

man as a beast,man in likeness of God/son, servant who does not remain forever,

and a son who does, darkness and light, acceptable/good/perfect and  unacceptable/evil/everlasting cutting off

IT IS ALL THE WORK OF HIS HANDS

no man ever hated his own flesh..but feeds and cherishes it

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2012, 06:30:32 PM »
but...what about the only begotton son of God..heir of all..that is granted to have life in Himself
I find that odd. Father gonna die? Father no longer owns creation?
 :Chinscratch:

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2012, 06:48:39 PM »
   I do only what I behold my Father in heaven do.....no man takes it away from me..I lay it down

willingly..in order to take it back up again.

there is no other God..nor creator...He made both the unseen and seen creation from His substance

for there is nothing else.  the very chair you sit on is come from His emenation..

E=mc2....in Him we live and move and have our being....He is the foundation which all creation

hangs on.  It is His mind,will and heart  and substance that forms us.

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2012, 07:01:12 PM »
 how can you tell the difference from the ONE TRUE GOD and an idol?

the TRUE GOD CARRIES US[work of His hands/creation] and men carry an idol[work of their hands]

and men would not repent of the work of their hands...AND PRAISE GOD FOR THE WORK OF HIS

Do nothing gods.......my Father has continued working until now......

our Father is Lord of the Sabbath..and He will rest when He has finished His new creation...

YOU CAN DO NOTHING UNLESS YOU REMAIN IN ME

IT IS MY FATHER DOING HIS WORKS IN ME

Offline dajomaco

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2012, 08:04:26 PM »
no man ever hated his own flesh..but feeds and cherishes it

no man ever hated his own dog..but feeds and cherishes it

Offline dajomaco

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2012, 08:08:11 PM »
but...what about the only begotton son of God..heir of all..that is granted to have life in Himself

I inherited the family bussiness becuase my Father retired.

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2012, 08:19:03 PM »
  :laughing7:   

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2012, 09:11:57 PM »

I inherited the family bussiness becuase my Father retired.
So your father no longer owns it.

Offline dajomaco

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2012, 10:58:09 PM »
A mother can take ownership of her son and be responsible for
his deeds and words.
Then the young man marries and takes ownership of his children and Wife.

The mother is not in ownership of the son.
When the young mans father is no longer in his role.
The young man will take owner ship of the whole family including the
the mom.

A father retires from his business.
He saw that the son is better or the same as him at running the business.
Then there is a special day that it is announced to the world.
That the Son is now the owner of the business and anything pertaining to it.

The Father rests. :coffee2: Whether he still believes the business is still his or not
is something he keeps to himself for he would never undermine his son.