Author Topic: hebrews 9:26 ?  (Read 4723 times)

Offline Molly

• Gold
Re: hebrews 9:26 ?
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2012, 02:50:12 PM »
The end of this age:

But in the days when the seventh angel is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets."
--Rev 10:7

What is the mystery of God?

Christ in you, the hope of glory

15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

--Rev 11: 15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4BWhvIlFVE
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 02:55:10 PM by Molly »

Offline redhotmagma

• < Moderator >
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2012, 06:13:52 PM »
 :thumbsup: molly

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2012, 06:22:36 PM »
7 spirits, 7 days, 7 millenia, 7 trumpets, 7 ages?
It would align with the picture below. The Temple being patterned in several ways so why not the number of eons?

1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline redhotmagma

• < Moderator >
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2012, 06:24:43 PM »
7 spirits, 7 days, 7 millenia, 7 trumpets, 7 ages?
It would align with the picture below. The Temple being patterned in several ways so why not the number of eons?

I would say this eon is the holy place, the realm of pentecost. 

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2012, 06:36:10 PM »
When Jesus died the Temple curtain rent. I think we are in the age that was until they hidden by that curtain.
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2012, 06:47:04 PM »

« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 07:38:27 PM by WhiteWings »

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2012, 06:50:46 PM »
Wow I really need to study the temple. That's my next study.
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline redhotmagma

• < Moderator >
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2012, 06:59:55 PM »
When Jesus died the Temple curtain rent. I think we are in the age that was until they hidden by that curtain.

I'm not following what you're saying here.  Could you rephrase?

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2012, 07:10:58 PM »
Very cool reFORMer! Did you know her, or speak with her at all?
Dora's friend Flo, at who's house she lived, kept us (me and Dora) eating together at her table.  I had almost no money at all, just a little from odd jobs here and there.  No car, few new books, I had only enough for food and laundry, taking into consideration the gifts the people of Westgate Tabernacle gave me.  Dora's office was like our living room.  We shared a lot of the things God had done In our lives over the years and how He'd taught us.

I really wanted tapes of her messages and copies of the books she wrote.  It was in this circumstance I stumbled in pride.  I'm sure she would have given them to me if I'd asked; but, I was too proud.  She was so humble she may have thought I was far enough along I didn't need her teachings or I may have given the impression I looked down on her and didn't need what she had.  Here was another of my many failures to enter on into relationships due to lack of love I'm trying not to remember so much.  The truth was I only wanted them if I could pay for them.  I only have a few things from her now as a result.  I helped make several of her books.  She did some VCR messages that were for a series of programs in African Television.  I did some illustrations, some charts that were shown along with her teaching.  These series were used there at Westgate too.

Very cool! I LOVE her writings that I've read so far, very obviously inspired by Him!

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2012, 07:23:58 PM »

Sure that's always a rewording thing to do :-)
Mat 27:51 At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook and the rocks split.

What room was behind that curtain?
That room is the current age.

At least that's my view.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2012, 07:24:53 PM »
And your last. It's extremly complex.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2012, 07:32:50 PM »

Mat 27:51 At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook and the rocks split.

At least that's my view.
wouldn't this be the curtain that separated the Holy Place from the outer court?

In that case, it would agree with RHM --Pentecost--the age of Grace.

Also, these ages seem to be being defined by the people God is setting apart, rather than everyone else, in the way you are counting them, which makes sense to me.

Adam-Moses [flood is in there--two ages?]
Moses-Jesus [Law]
Jesus-return of Christ [Grace]
reign of Christ
second resurrection
God all in all

That's 7

Offline redhotmagma

• < Moderator >
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2012, 07:41:39 PM »
Im not sure which veil was torn,but I do think its the one to the HOH.  But according to Hebrews 4 nobody(most?) has entered in to His rest, which is the HOH IMO. 

So the veil was torn, which means the way is open, like the first born opening the womb (which btw is always the hardest most painful of deliveries), it remains for many/all to be born.  But the labor pains are growing.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2012, 07:42:13 PM »

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2012, 07:45:49 PM »
Im not sure which veil was torn,but I do think its the one to the HOH.  But according to Hebrews 4 nobody(most?) has entered in to His rest, which is the HOH IMO. 

So the veil was torn, which means the way is open, like the first born opening the womb (which btw is always the hardest most painful of deliveries), it remains for many/all to be born.  But the labor pains are growing.

There is  a veil but also 2 massive brass doors.
Looking at the diagrams the veil is in the inner Temple.
Second "photo" from the post just above. I think the red is the curtain.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2012, 07:48:20 PM »

At least that's my view.
wouldn't this be the curtain that separated the Holy Place from the outer court?
First picture reply #30
Do you mean Nicanor Gate?

Offline redhotmagma

• < Moderator >
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2012, 07:51:25 PM »
I think the tabernacle is the ideal pattern.  I don't think there are any prescriptions for much of what makes up the most recent temple.  There is no description of Solomons is there?

If thats the case then its all veils, 3 of them.

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2012, 07:57:38 PM »

And extremely important too! And when I say study it's probably not the same kind of studying you're thinking of haha. If only I had the time!

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2012, 08:02:24 PM »
Read: Exodus 26:31-35
Within the Holy Place of the tabernacle, there was an inner room called the Holy of
Holies, or the Most Holy Place. During the Israelites' wanderings in the wilderness, God
appeared as a pillar of cloud or fire in and above the Holy of Holies. The Holy of Holies
was a perfect cube its length, width and height were all equal to 15 feet.
A thick curtain separated the Holy of Holies from the Holy Place. This curtain, known as
the "veil," was made of fine linen and blue, purple and scarlet yarn. There were figures of
cherubim (angels) embroidered onto it.
Only the high priest could enter the Holy of Holies one day out of every year, on the Day
of Atonement. Before entering, he had to make some meticulous preparations, as
recorded in Leviticus 16:2-19: He had to wash himself, put on special clothing, bring
burning incense to let the smoke cover his eyes from a direct view of God, because "no
man can see Me and live" (Exodus 33:20). He brought blood with him to make
atonement for sins.
Discussion:
1. Why does the name Holy of Holies or Most Holy Place imply about that room?
It was the most sacred room, a place no ordinary person could enter. God dwelled
above the Ark of the Covenant in that room. Whoever entered into the Holy of
Holies was entering the very presence of God.
2. The word "veil" in Hebrew means a screen, divider or separator that hides. What was
the curtain hiding? Why was it necessary?
It was shielding a holy God from sinful man. The picture of the veil was that of a
barrier between man and God, showing man that the holiness of God could not be
trifled with. God's eyes are too pure to look on evil and He can tolerate no sin
(Habakkuk 1:13). The veil was a barrier to make sure that man could not
carelessly and irreverently enter into God's awesome presence.
3. There were cherubim embroidered on the veil. What was their significance?
The embroidered cherubim demonstrated God's almighty power and majesty. They
were in God's presence to serve Him and guarded the throne of God. These
cherubim were also on the innermost layer of covering of the tent. If one looked
upward, one would see the cherubim figures.

4. Read Hebrews 9:7 describing the one scheduled day in a year (the Day of Atonement)
that the high priest could pass through the veil and enter the Holy of Holies. What did
the high priest have to bring with him and why?
He had to bring the blood of animals with him to atone for the sins of himself and
the nation of Israel. If he did not bring blood, he would not be acceptable before
God because of his sins. He would be guilty and would die in God's presence.
5. Read Mark 15:37-38. What happened to the curtain in the Jerusalem temple (a much
larger replica of the tabernacle) when Jesus died? Who could have torn it?
When Jesus died, the curtain in the Jerusalem temple was torn in half, from the top
to the bottom. Only God could have carried out such an incredible feat because the
veil was too high for human hands to have reached it, and too thick to have torn it.
(The Jerusalem temple, a replica of the wilderness tabernacle, had a curtain that
was about 60 feet in height, 30 feet in width and four inches thick.) Furthermore, it
was torn from top down, meaning this act must have come from above.
6. What does the veil represent? What is the significance of the torn veil?
The veil represents the body of Jesus. His body was broken for us as He died on the
cross. As the veil was torn, the Holy of Holies was exposed and God's presence was
now accessible to man. Jesus' death opened the way for us to come to God by
atoning for all our sins and making us right before God. The age of animal
offerings was over and the high priest no longer had to enter the Holy of Holies
every year with blood. The ultimate offering had been sacrificed.
7. What is the implication of the broken body of Christ and the torn curtain for us as
believers?
If we believe in Christ's substitutionary sacrifice for us, our sins are forgiven and
we have access to God. There is no longer a veil hiding God's presence from us.
Although we were sinners, we are now clothed with Christ's righteousness and can
enter boldly into God's presence. (Ref. Hebrews 6:19-20 and 10:19-22.)
8. Read Hebrews 9:24. What was the Holy of Holies a representation of and how does it
relate to us?
The Holy of Holies is a representation of heaven itself, God's dwelling place, which
we have access to through Christ. When we die physically, we will enter into
heaven and be in the presence of God eternally. (Additional fact: In Revelations
21:16, John's vision of heaven the New Jerusalem also was a perfect square,
just as the Holy of Holies was!)

http://www.goodseed.com/pdf/tabernacle/tab_lesson08.pdf

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2012, 08:02:37 PM »
First picture reply #30
Do you mean Nicanor Gate?

um..I tend to think in terms of the Tabernacle in the wilderness, but

There is a place where anyone can go--court of the Gentiles--the court outside the Temple.

The cross broke down the wall [veil, curtain] between Greek and Jew.  So it made Greek = Jew.

So that would be the curtain [wall, veil] between the court of the Gentiles and the inside court of the Temple itself where Gentiles were formerly not allowed to enter.

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Eph 2:14

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2012, 08:16:47 PM »

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2012, 08:31:53 PM »

The cross broke down the wall [veil, curtain] between Greek and Jew.  So it made Greek = Jew.

So that would be the curtain [wall, veil] between the court of the Gentiles and the inside court of the Temple itself where Gentiles were formerly not allowed to enter.

I think the question is; who moved closer to God?

Questions:
a] Only Jews?
b] Only Gentiles?
c] Both?

Answers:
a] Wrong.
b] If so the Jews didn't benefit from Jesus. They stayed were there were and the Gentiles join them at that place.
c] That means the Jews progress 1 step. But the Gentiles several steps.

Understand what I mean?

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2012, 08:53:20 PM »

And extremely important too! And when I say study it's probably not the same kind of studying you're thinking of haha. If only I had the time!

you are still under the 21 gun salute that is Joshie and friends.  lol

This is a great short story.

THE YEAR WAS 2081, and everybody was finally equal. They weren't only equal before God and the law. They were equal every which way. Nobody was smarter than anybody else. Nobody was better looking than anybody else. Nobody was stronger or quicker than anybody else. All this equality was due to the 211th, 212th, and 213th Amendments to the Constitution, and to the unceasing vigilance of agents of the United States Handicapper General.

Some things about living still weren't quite right, though. April for instance, still drove people crazy by not being springtime. And it was in that clammy month that the H-G men took George and Hazel Bergeron's fourteen-year-old son, Harrison, away.

It was tragic, all right, but George and Hazel couldn't think about it very hard. Hazel had a perfectly average intelligence, which meant she couldn't think about anything except in short bursts. And George, while his intelligence was way above normal, had a little mental handicap radio in his ear. He was required by law to wear it at all times. It was tuned to a government transmitter. Every twenty seconds or so, the transmitter would send out some sharp noise to keep people like George from taking unfair advantage of their brains.

--Kurt Vonnegut, Harrison Bergeron

http://www.tnellen.com/cybereng/harrison.html

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2012, 09:34:47 PM »
Aint that the truth lol! Joshie & friends keep me occupied for sure. The only reason I get on here so often is because of my phone lol!

Liked your story. :) (You all would have to take in four kids and try to study the Bible in order to be equally fair to me hahaha! Wings would LOVE that. :D)

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2012, 09:56:57 PM »
Get a tablet.

Kidz = dying to self? :P