Author Topic: Genesis 1:1  (Read 3867 times)

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
Re: Genesis 1:1
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2011, 11:06:26 PM »
I have been given to reason that you and perhaps I are "literal" persons in the view that we need the Holy Spirit to confirm
our understanding in spirit, and not in the sense that we are "literal" as the word is generally understood. Not sure if that made any sense to you or not.

I "ustah" do the very things that some do today, until I was awakened to understand that just because it fits to make it look and sound proper and corrrect and deep to cause oo's ah's, as I grown in studying and knowledge, does not mean that I set those findings in concrete and begin to use that same similarity, relative design, to work on ALL, of what we are given to sift through. In other words its not a one size fits all, this is all in my humble opinion. :HeartThrob:
I don't even know if I used the correct words to make this thought clear. Pray for all of us. Thank you.

:cloud9: Micah, the Lord teaches us on whatever level He's already brought us to in our understanding, building upon the last "row" He previously laid as a Master mason.

As He graciously gave us in Hebrews 10, the pattern of the heavenlies or spiritual things is the Tabernacle of Moses, so it should not be confounding to anyone that He would give understanding illuminating and building upon that foundational principle. My  :2c:  Blessings....

« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 11:20:09 PM by Cardinal »
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2011, 12:39:49 AM »
I have been given to reason that you and perhaps I are "literal" persons in the view that we need the Holy Spirit to confirm
our understanding in spirit, and not in the sense that we are "literal" as the word is generally understood. Not sure if that made any sense to you or not.

I "ustah" do the very things that some do today, until I was awakened to understand that just because it fits to make it look and sound proper and corrrect and deep to cause oo's ah's, as I grown in studying and knowledge, does not mean that I set those findings in concrete and begin to use that same similarity, relative design, to work on ALL, of what we are given to sift through. In other words its not a one size fits all, this is all in my humble opinion. :HeartThrob:
I don't even know if I used the correct words to make this thought clear. Pray for all of us. Thank you.

:cloud9: Micah, the Lord teaches us on whatever level He's already brought us to in our understanding, building upon the last "row" He previously laid as a Master mason.

As He graciously gave us in Hebrews 10, the pattern of the heavenlies or spiritual things is the Tabernacle of Moses, so it should not be confounding to anyone that He would give understanding illuminating and building upon that foundational principle. My  :2c:  Blessings....

True and it must be agreed to totally, but should that first brick or stone that "man" lays be set in error,  will not the rest of
the building continue to go awry, yet accepted as proper because it seems or sounds like that's the way it should go?  :dontknow: :HeartThrob:
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2011, 12:52:49 AM »
If it's built on sand it will collapse

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2011, 04:30:44 PM »

True and it must be agreed to totally, but should that first brick or stone that "man" lays be set in error,  will not the rest of
the building continue to go awry, yet accepted as proper because it seems or sounds like that's the way it should go?  :dontknow: :HeartThrob:

:cloud9: Yes, but how many thousands of witnesses (scriptures) do you need before you trust the foundation is sure?
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

• Gold
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2011, 06:47:39 PM »
"Yes, but how many thousands of witnesses (scriptures) do you need before you trust the foundation is sure?" Cardinal

I don't really understand what you mean? Are you alluding to the witnesses(scriptures) of how "we" interpret what "we" consider to be the interpretation that is building a foundation?

"i", myself, personally can see much of what you Cardinal brings forth, there have been many truths it what you offer. My foundation in the Lord Jesus Christ is sound. I fall I get up...I fall.. HE helps me get up, one thing that He has let me know is that for me, myself to act like what He has taught me, what He has offered me, that it will not and cannot, line up with the plumb line that man's thinking has struck.
This much He has made me to know Genesis Chapter one is not a finished chapter, the man of Gen.1:26-27 is not YET made in the image and likeness of "US." And when the foundation has been started with the doctrine/teaching that the man of Gen.2:7 is made in the image and likeness, male and female....well He just plain and simple has given me to reason and consider that, what started out in error will not line up with HIS plumb line. If this must be taken as my opinion, so be it. :HeartThrob:
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

• Gold
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2011, 08:14:34 AM »
What is it that keeps us from knowing God? The simple answer is us.

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2011, 06:42:39 PM »
And what would be our next course of action then?

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2011, 06:38:30 AM »
I must decrease, he must increase.
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

jaareshiah

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2012, 05:25:56 AM »
At Genesis 1:1, it states: "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." By distinguishing the earth separate from "the heavens", our Creator, Jehovah God, is identifying the earth as very special to him, the unique planet in all the universe for life, from the microscopic to the huge, such as the sperm whale, to his final creative act, mankind, to call earth "home".

Thus, in the opening verse of the Bible at Genesis 1:1, God clearly identifies the earth as of vital importance to him, preparing it over the course of  6 "creative" days (in which each "creative" day is several thousand years long) for us as his final act of creation.(Gen 1:26-28) This is like building a beautiful home, making sure everything is just right before moving in.

At Isaiah 45:18, God says: "For this is what Jehovah has said, the Creator of the heavens, He the [true] God, the Former of the earth and the Maker of it, He the One who firmly established it, who did not create it simply for nothing, who formed it even to be inhabited: "I am Jehovah, and there is no one else."

At Isaiah 66, Jehovah says: "The heavens are my throne, and the earth is my footstool."(Isa 66:1) Jesus pointed toward Isaiah 66:1, saying concerning swearing: "However, I say to you: Do not swear at all, neither by heaven, because it is God's throne; nor by earth, because it is the footstool of his feet; nor by Jerusalem, because it is the city of the great King."(Matt 5:34, 35)

Jehovah God purposed for the earth to be home for "meek" or teachable ones forever. David wrote: "But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth, and they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.....The righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it."(Ps 37:11, 29)

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2012, 05:32:07 AM »
There are none righteous, no, not one.....

He made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His kind intention which He purposed in Him with a view to an administration suitable to the fullness of the times, that is, the summing up of all things in Christ, things in the heavens and things on the earth.
(Eph 1:9-10)

For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven. And although you were formerly alienated and hostile in mind, engaged in evil deeds, yet He has now reconciled you in His fleshly body through death, in order to present you before Him holy and blameless and beyond reproach--
(Col 1:19-22)

Have you read these verses before, and considered their meaning, or do you believe what you were taught by men with an interest in dominion by fear?

The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com