Author Topic: e-sword add-ons and Tips  (Read 7909 times)

Offline Pierac

• Bronze
e-sword add-ons and Tips
« on: September 26, 2007, 06:07:02 AM »
I was recently asked by some one on this board this week about my e-sword bibles.  I got to thinking it would be nice to have some resources on this subject. There are several free bibles and modules for e-sword that you can not get at the e-sword web site. However, you have to do a little searching.  Here are a few links.

Please add your bible links and e-sword tips here.  Make sure the material is not copy righted.

http://www.davidcox.com.mx/esword2/index.htm

http://www.davidcox.com.mx/esword2/esword%20module%20locator%20data%20bank.html

Here's a link to the hard to find Concordant Literal Translation  CLV

http://www.esnips.com/doc/fda2551f-b10e-464e-9d77-226836b3e9a8/clv.zip

The free Net bible for e-sword is here. 

http://store.bible.org/product_info.asp?productid=71

Paul

Offline Pierac

• Bronze
Re: e-sword add-ons and Tips
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 06:10:10 AM »
Here's a TIP I got from Mike's Vinson's web site from a poster named 'ertsky'

Just in case someone hasn't tried it already, I thought I would mention the e-sword technique of following the greek or hebrew word through scripture. I first heard this way of studying recommended by Mike on one of his audio mp3's and haven't stopped benefitting from it since.

basically looking at the KJV+ translation in e-sword, you are looking at a certain word for example the word "abomination" in Matt 24:15, then you just right click the strongs number for the word "abomination" (946) and select "quicksearch on: 946" on the right click menu to see every verse where that particular greek word (bdelugma) was used in the original, seeing it's inspired usage throughout the verses and getting an idea of how the spirit uses this word.

then you might notice the Lord says "spoken through Daniel the prophet" and look up "abomination" in the book of Daniel (Dan 11:31) using the search function.

its the hebrew shiqqûts for abomination in Dan 11:31, strongs number 8251, again right click 8251 and select "quicksearch on:8251" from the right click menu and you will get a list of verses where the spirit uses this word and you can follow the word through the OT.

A revelation!

following nearly any greek word through the NT is a major benefit and a good starting place for trying this method of study.

This was a much faster way to search, at least for me!  Thanks
Paul

Offline Kratos

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 06:32:48 AM »
Pierac,

Great idea and great timing. I recently downloaded the NET bible from a link someone gave and it is accessable on my desktop. How do I get it onto my e-sword page? I have not been able to figure it out. It seems that every other time I downloaded a Bible it was just there. Maybe I did not download the right version.

John
Send me a Personal message
Seeking a Kingdom whose Builder and Maker is God

Offline 97531

• Restricted
  • Truth is Freedom
    • Father's Love Forum
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 07:05:14 AM »
Pierac,

Great idea and great timing. I recently downloaded the NET bible from a link someone gave and it is accessable on my desktop. How do I get it onto my e-sword page? I have not been able to figure it out. It seems that every other time I downloaded a Bible it was just there. Maybe I did not download the right version.

John

If the bible is .bbl extension, copy it to your e-Sword folder while e-Sword is not running.  If it is a zip file or .exe it normally finds the e-Sword folder itself and extracts to the e-Sword folder.

One the .bbl is in the e-Sword folder, the next time you run it, the new bible or commentary will be available.

BIC
My Blog       Father's Love Forum - New
IHWLAMAHOB
Christian Milkshake: Pressed down, shaken together and more than we can hope for

Offline Pierac

• Bronze
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 07:12:59 AM »
John,

also make sure you downloaded the e-sword version. The have a Sword verson but it's not e-sword.

BTW, I have been using that Tip I found tonight. You gotta try it during a word study.  :thumbsup:

Peace,
Paul
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 07:16:00 AM by Pierac »

Offline Kratos

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 10:14:23 AM »
Still not getting it right. I went to the  link above and downloaded where it says "free version". It downloaded to my program files and put a short cut icon on my desktop. I assume this must be the e-sword version. I can click on the icon and open and run the program, but it does not open in e-sword. I look in the folder and do not see a .bbl file. I can just use it on my desktop, but it is nice to do parallel comparisons on e-sword.

John

Offline 97531

• Restricted
  • Truth is Freedom
    • Father's Love Forum
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 10:35:40 AM »
John

Try this link for the free version

http://www.bible.org/page.php?page_id=3118

To install it run the download and it will install.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 10:37:42 AM by SeekerSA »
My Blog       Father's Love Forum - New
IHWLAMAHOB
Christian Milkshake: Pressed down, shaken together and more than we can hope for

Offline Kratos

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 02:47:41 AM »
Thank you. It worked that time.

John

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 07:29:33 PM »
BibleSpeak is yet another bible program. http://biblespeak.com/
It's not free but it support e-Sword modules.
On the left you see a sidebar with links to free Bible translation, Commentaries etc
If you download and unpack them you get regular e-Sword module.
something.bbl
something.cmt

You can download all the modules seperatly or you can download the demo of the program.
Select the 240MB download and you have all the modules + some stuff e-Sword can't read (pdf for example)
http://biblespeak.com/_vti_bin/shtml.dll/eval_download_form.htm

1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Pierac

• Bronze
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 11:31:43 PM »
Down Loading now!

Wow, I got a really strange feeling when I saw Kratos' old post and avatar picture! It was just before yours and gave the "real" impression he was just here! I miss him.

Paul
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 11:33:26 PM by Pierac »

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2008, 12:24:47 AM »
Yeah, I got that feeling too. (and I don't even know him)

On a forum someone has no face and voice. Just typed posts.
So his messages are still as real as ever.
I wish it was that easy for his family..... :sorry:
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 10:44:30 PM »
A Mechanical Translation of the Book of Genesis

The non-free book plus reviews and examples can be found here:

While the original Biblical text was written from an Ancient Hebraic perspective, all modern translations of the Bible are written from our modern western perspective. This traditional approach to translation does allow for ease in reading but it erases the original Hebraic style and meaning of the text. In addition, translations take many liberties by removing, changing or adding words from the text in order to "fix" the text for the English reader. The Mechanical Translation is a new and unique style of translation that will reveal the Hebrew behind the English by translating the text very literally and faithfully to the original Hebrew text. A great tool for those interested in studying the Bible who have no Hebrew background as well as for those who are learning to read the Bible in its original Hebrew language.

http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/bookstore/mtg_sample4.html
http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/bookstore/mtg.html

The free e-sword module and  documentation can be found here:
http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/9_esword.html

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2009, 12:19:45 PM »
1130 e-Sword modules   http://e-sword-users.org/users/indexpage/resource

Plus a forum and other e-Sword related things.

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2009, 07:02:31 AM »
Pierac,

John

If the bible is .bbl extension, copy it to your e-Sword folder while e-Sword is not running.  If it is a zip file or .exe it normally finds the e-Sword folder itself and extracts to the e-Sword folder.

One the .bbl is in the e-Sword folder, the next time you run it, the new bible or commentary will be available.

BIC

THANK YOU!!  I wondered how to download stuff in to esword as well.  I'll try this and see if it works for me!!!

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2009, 08:46:08 PM »
Several manuals for e-Sword.
http://www.e-sword.net/training.html

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2009, 08:54:59 PM »

Mr.Irrelevant

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2009, 12:06:32 AM »
Down Loading now!

Wow, I got a really strange feeling when I saw Kratos' old post and avatar picture! It was just before yours and gave the "real" impression he was just here! I miss him.

Paul

Why isn't kratos around?  did something happen?

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2009, 12:09:51 AM »
He's in Heaven.....

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2009, 12:10:10 AM »
Unfortunately for us, his flesh broke down and he quickly took the next step.  John was a friend and a warrior.

Offline fullarmor2

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2009, 12:42:36 AM »
     I understand that the older modules do not work with the latest version of e-sword.  I have the latest version,   and the bibles which are available at tentmaker for e-sword do not work.     Do the ones linked to here work with the newer e-sword?
For all those who live in the shadow of death,  a glorious light has dawned!  And for all those who stumble in the darkness,   behold,   your light has come!!

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 09:54:14 AM »
Google for e-Sword convertor. I can convert unprotected modules to the v9 format.

HartleyIrvinDamboiseII

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2011, 10:27:45 PM »
I personally gave up on e-sword because every time I looked up something in the Strong's concordance , for the KJV ( which I don't use much ) it was never right. I have many hard copies of that book and e-sword is always wrong in its meanings, so if it is wrong in the basic concordant, then how can I trust any others....

feed back is good.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2011, 10:55:04 PM »
I used e-Sword v8 for a long time. v9 for a shorter time. I never had any problems with it.
But I can't comment on the recent versions because I switched to "The Word".
I think the problem is not e-Sword but the KJV module.

Is the defenition totally wrong or just a bit different?
The numbering is Strong's, but the concordance often isn't.
Others, like Thayer, improved the concordance. So it's diffrent from the real Strong's.
Can you paste an example here?

HartleyIrvinDamboiseII

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2011, 01:59:41 PM »
totally wrong, check Grace

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2011, 02:03:30 PM »
Grace - Hebrew
חן
chên
BDB Definition:
1) favour, grace, charm
1a) favour, grace, elegance
1b) favour, acceptance
Part of Speech: noun masculine
A Related Word by BDB/Strong's Number: from H2603
Same Word by TWOT Number: 694a

Grace - Greek
χάρις
charis
Thayer Definition:
1) grace
1a) that which affords joy, pleasure, delight, sweetness, charm, loveliness: grace of speech
2) good will, loving-kindness, favour
2a) of the merciful kindness by which God, exerting his holy influence upon souls, turns them to Christ, keeps, strengthens, increases them in Christian faith, knowledge, affection, and kindles them to the exercise of the Christian virtues
3) what is due to grace
3a) the spiritual condition of one governed by the power of divine grace
3b) the token or proof of grace, benefit
3b1) a gift of grace
3b2) benefit, bounty
4) thanks, (for benefits, services, favours), recompense, reward
Part of Speech: noun feminine
A Related Word by Thayer's/Strong's Number: from G5463
Citing in TDNT: 9:372, 1298