Author Topic: 20/20 Vision (Physical/Spiritual)  (Read 539 times)

goodreport

20/20 Vision (Physical/Spiritual)
« on: September 22, 2012, 09:53:21 PM »
John 20:20
After He said this, He showed them His hands and His side.  When the disciples SAW the Lord, they were filled with great joy.      (Physical 20/20 vision?)

John 20:21-31
21  Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you.  As the Father sent me, so I am sending you."

24  Thomas, not with disciples when Jesus came.  25   The disciples told him, "We've SEEN the Lord!"
But he replied, "Unless I SEE the nail marks in His hands, put my finger in the wounds left by the nails, and put my hand into his side, I won't believe."   (Thomas needs physical evidence.)

26  After eight days his disciples were again in a house and Thomas was with them.    Even though the doors were locked, Jesus entered and stood among them.  He said, "Peace be with you."
27  Then He said to Thomas, "Put your finger here.  Look at my hands.  Put your hand into my side.  No more disbelief.  Believe!"

28  Thomas responded to Jesus, "My Lord and my God!"

29  Jesus replied, Do you BELIEVE because you SEE Me?  Blessed are those who DON'T SEE and yet  BELIEVE."     (Spiritual 20/20 Vision?)

30  Then Jesus did many other miraculous signs in His disciples' presence; (Physical 20/20 vision) signs that aren't recorded in this scroll.

31  But these things are written so that you will BELIEVE that Jesus is the Christ, God's Son, and that BELIEVING, you will have life in His name.

====

1 Peter 1:8
Whom having NOT SEEN, ye love; in whom, though now ye SEE Him NOT, yet BELIEVING, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

Offline sheila

• Gold
Re: 20/20 Vision (Physical/Spiritual)
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 10:59:16 PM »
 yes!! opening the eyes of the blind...the people perish without [a] vision

Offline sheila

• Gold
Re: 20/20 Vision (Physical/Spiritual)
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 11:00:42 PM »
  if the blind lead the blind they shall both fall in a ditch