Author Topic: 1 Thessalonians 5:21 - prove AND approve  (Read 861 times)

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
1 Thessalonians 5:21 - prove AND approve
« on: April 23, 2010, 09:12:58 AM »
Do you realize, that what you believe tells God what sort of person you are? Have you ever stopped to consider exactly what you do believe? Have you ever stopped and considered why you believe what you believe?
Paul said at 1 Thessalonians 5:21 "Prove all things" (King James Version). The Greek word for "prove" there is dokimazete (dokimazete) from dokimazw (dokimazo) and it means to prove, to test. But what you have not been told is that it also means to approve, to approve after trial, to judge worthy. God does not want you just to prove all things, He also wants you to approve of all things as well. And that is different, because now the responsibility is upon you not just to prove what you believe, but also to approve of what you believe.
For instance, if you are in a church that teaches Hell fire and eternal suffering, (watch this very carefully) in your heart, you have to approve of that.
If you belong to a church that teaches eternal death for some, (again, watch this very carefully) in your heart, you have to approve of that. What sort of a heart could approve of Hell fire and eternal suffering?
What sort of a heart could approve of eternal death for some? The doctrine of Universal Salvation teaches that all will have eternal life, including Satan and the demons. And that one day, all will have the same nature as God. What sort of a heart could not approve of Universal Salvation, eternal life for all?
You see, God is the Ultimate and Universal Salvation is the Ultimate. Whatever you do, do not expect anything less than the Ultimate from God.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 04:15:36 PM by WhiteWings »
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Shadow

Re: 1 Thessalonians 5:21 - prove AND approve
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 07:52:46 PM »
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 12:44:05 AM by Shadow »

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 08:14:21 PM »

Maybe they are a little ashamed of what they are and what they approve...

As they should be...although admittedly annihilation is by far the lesser of the 2 evils....
annihilation=justice
UR=grace
ET=satanic
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline peacemaker

• Bronze
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 10:26:31 AM »
If you are in a church that teaches Hell fire and eternal suffering, (watch this very carefully) in your heart, you have to approve of that. If you belong to a church that teaches eternal death for some, (again, watch this very carefully) in your heart, you have to approve of that. What sort of a heart could approve of Hell fire and eternal suffering?

One belonging to a house of bondage.

Offline Raggedy Anne

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 01:29:26 AM »
Excellent post, White wings.  That is why when we read the bible (or any other book) - it is also "reading us".   Fascinating how that works.  One of God's little 'tricks' you might say.   :icon_flower:

Anne
Ours is not to make up anybody's mind, but to open hearts.
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 07:53:51 AM »
Thanks RA,  (are you Egyptian? :laughing7:)

I just qutoted something that's all....
But I did so for two reasons.
As information and to get views on the information.
Is it the correct translation? Personally I think the general idea is correct. But that doesn't by definition mean it's the correct translation.

I wonder how many ETs really aprove the torture with their heart.
Many will give answers like "It's written, it's a fact."
Or something like "God doesn't anyone to be lost so neither do I."
So it seems many don't like it either.
Many also ETs seem to believe in NDEs in which Jesus is sad when visiting hell. Does that mean the heart of Jesus doesn't really approve it. Even if it is perfect law/justice/etc.

I'm getting of topic.
Has the claim made in the opening quote solid foundation or does it just sound good...?