Author Topic: The Father of all?  (Read 995 times)

iwantmydindin

The Father of all?
« on: December 22, 2010, 05:07:09 AM »
Hello,once again. My question is this:Is God the father of all men?Or is he simply the creator of all men?

PaoloNuevo

Re: The Father of all?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 07:05:00 AM »
Good question!  :bigGrin:

Yes, He is Father of All!

John 1 (New International Version, 2010)

John 1
The Word Became Flesh
 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.

Colossians 1:16-20 (New International Version, 2010)

16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

John 17:1-2 (New International Version, 2010)

John 17

1 After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed:

"Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 09:23:22 AM »
YLTJohn 8
44 `Ye are of a father--the devil, and the desires of your father ye will to do; he was a man-slayer from the beginning, and in the truth he hath not stood, because there is no truth in him; when one may speak the falsehood, of his own he speaketh, because he is a liar--also his father.

:dontknow:
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

PaoloNuevo

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 09:56:08 AM »
Ahh yes!

In our state of disobedience, or for all people who ARE in disobedience they are following the prince of the power of the air (Eph. 2: 2) ...

The way out is to confess that Jesus is Lord and believe that God has raised Him from the dead (Rom 10: 9) And it will be counted to us as righteousness if we believe (Rom. 4: 23 - 24)

However, though at present there are those who are in their present state "children of Satan"... the Bible also says that at the dispensation of the fullness of times God will gather all things in the heavens (including Satan because He is a heavenly being) and on earth (all people) and unite them in Christ. (Eph. 1: 9 - 10 KJV).

We do not yet see all things subject to God, but in the same way Christ is subject to the Father, so will all things be made subject to Him that God will be all in all. (1 Cor. 15: 22 - 28).

iwantmydindin

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 05:38:07 PM »
I have seen passages that some have used to assert that.Mal 2:10  Have we not all one father?Eph 4:6  one God and Father of all, who is over all, and through all, and in you all,

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 05:48:41 PM »
All have sinned. That would mean all are children from the devil.
But even according to ET some people are saved. The people are children of God.
So at the very least we can say God adopts children that are from the devil.
So being a child of the devil is not some final verdict. It's just stating something that's a fact at that time.
I would say Saul was a child of the devil. Until things changed for him on the road to Damascus.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

iwantmydindin

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 06:47:02 PM »
That's my question,wings. God is truly not the father of all?This is part of an article on that question. We do not forget that there is one sense in which God is not the father of all. There are many who have not been spiritually born of him, or regenerated, and who are not, in this moral or religious sense, his children, that is, they do not resemble God in their character. Christ said to the Jews, for instance, "If God were your father, ye would love me." " Ye are of your father the devil, and the works of your father ye will do." And so in several other passages of Scripture, God is spoken of as the father only of those who believe and obey. But in all these cases the meaning is too obvious to need illustration. We know they relate only to religious character, not to the persons themselves. What we wish to say is, that, underneath this moral or religious relationship of mere character, there must be a natural relationship that binds all mankind to God. If he were not really their Father, how could he require them to serve him as dear children? If they really belonged to the "adversary," it would be enough for them to obey their own father. But if God created them all in his own image, he is of course their father in the natural sense. "One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all."

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 07:03:48 PM »
 :cloud9: Christ is the light of ALL MEN that come into the world (which makes His Father our Father, because God was IN CHRIST reconciling ALL MEN unto Him).

That light is as the breath you are breathing. But not all men have awakened to Him yet; many still sleep in the dust of these fleshly bodies, and as dust is Satan's meat to eat/consume, they are reproducing his image instead of God's.

To be a father, it means progeny has been produced; in his case, lies, whereas the Word is truth. My  :2c: Blessings....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

iwantmydindin

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 08:21:28 PM »
As the article asserts,are humans the natural offspring of the father? It would seem that humans are spiritually the children of the devil. Humans aren't literally a spawn of satan.That would be alittle too book of enoch for me. God is naturally a father to humanity,ot spiritually. Anyway,thanks for the responses.

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2010, 03:14:12 AM »
Originally he was the creator of all men, and is some sense a father of all things, the same way in which a scientist is the father of a test tube baby in a scence fiction movie, but of course God is far more loving toward his angels and Adam, that he refered to as a son and also some scriptural references, say that we were children of God in Adams day (but I think we were more regarded as pets by God in those days), but I think this relationship was nothing like the glory and that relationship that we have now through christ Jesus, who makes us sit in heavenly places.

But in a more familly father figure way after christ came, God sends us his spirit withinus so we are adopted sons of God who cry within us abba father, so now through christ we become true sons, for we no longer bare the earthly we now through christ bare the heavenly and are co heirs with Jesus christ, the only begotten son of the most high God and are now regarded as the bride of Christ, which symbollically represents the closeness of our new relationship with God, which in my opinion we did not have during Adams, presuming of course that we pre existed in spirit form during Adams day. Proverbs says my delights were with the sons of men, during creation, so to me it cannot mean just Adam, because Genesis says and he called their name Adam, which I belive is the spiritual code name for humanity, i.e this is the ADamic race in spirit form, but then was created the first human physcial vessel, that was also named Adam for an Adamic spirit to dwell in and then another Adamic spirit could dwell within the physical vessel Eve.