Author Topic: So thankful to have found you  (Read 1649 times)

mercyuponus

So thankful to have found you
« on: May 26, 2009, 03:22:43 AM »
Blessings everyone!!  I am so happy that I discovered the tentmaker website...I remember discussing (arguing) with my Dad about my beliefs which were what the bible taught (so i thought) especially about hell...he said he could not accept that a loving God who calls Himself our Father could possible condemn or watch His children be tortured eternally in hell....He asked me if i could watch that happen  to my children ...i could only say to him no i could not but that is what the bible says....I have learned so much this past week in seeking out the truth...this feels "right"  .... the eternal hell thing never really sat well with me and i couldn't help but think if all these Christians really truly believe in eternal hell then we are being pretty relaxed about the whole thing..there should be a sincere, desperate sense of urgency in each of us to reach out and save the unsaved but we all go about our everyday life without that sense of urgency....one question i have though about all mankind being reconciled to God, if that is true that those who die without knowing God will pay for their sins in judgement and then be reconciled to God...why then did Jesus need to die for our sins?? Bless you all... :gangel:

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Re: So thankful to have found you
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 03:33:44 AM »
Jesus died for all our sins.  Jesus, Savior of the world.  Savior of all men, especially of those that are believing.  Paul says each will be vivified (made alive) in our own order.  Jesus, then the chosen, then God will become All in All, death and the grave will be destroyed.  I had that same question, but I don't believe they will "pay" for their sins.  Jesus already did that.  What they will do, is through corrective discipline, come to the place of recognizing Jesus as Savior.  The "conditions will be made right".  Every knee will bow and every tongue confess (proclaim with joy) Jesus as Lord....still the cross that made the provision. 

One thing to think about.  There have been millions/billions that lived and died and never heard the name of Jesus.  Everyone who hasn't been chosen in this age will still come face to face with Him...for some, it may be seconds, for Hitler a bit longer perhaps, but still all brought to the feet of the risen Savior.  And His cross, death, blood, and resurrection;  the Lamb that was slain, will still be the only door.

Welcome here, enjoy the fellowship.  James.
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 03:40:45 AM »
Very good reading on this topic, highly recommend, as well as his other writings.  http://www.tentmaker.org/articles/savior-of-the-world/all-saved.htm

Glad you're open and God is moving in your heart.

God bless, James.
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline Pierac

• Bronze
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 03:53:53 AM »
:welcome: to the Tent!

Paul

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 04:46:55 AM »
 :cloud9: Good concise explanation Jab..... :thumbsup: Blessings....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
  • I watch, & am as a sparrow alone upon the rooftop.
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 05:17:26 AM »
Hi, I just wanted to say welcome!  :HeartThrob:  :happy3:
"I knelt to drink,
And knew that I was on the brink
Of endless joy. And everywhere
I turned I saw a wonder there."

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 09:19:04 AM »
:welcome:                                                                                  :banana: :banana: :banana:                     :dsunny:
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 09:51:48 AM »

Thanks Card.  Once in awhile, even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

Livelystone

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 01:28:33 PM »
What a nice username   :thumbsup:

Welcome to tents........ you did not find this place by accident

Blessings

Doug

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 08:47:39 PM »

:cloud9: JAB! I'm not going to let you put that on yourself.....you're not blind and you're not a squirrel..... :girlheart: you're a son of God coming into full manifestation.....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2009, 08:52:43 PM »

Jabcat after an hour of Bible study

John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 08:52:57 PM »
Well, I thought about "even a blind pig roots up an acorn"  :laughing7:.

Thanks for the uplift!  :HeartThrob:

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2009, 08:53:47 PM »
LOL   And WW, we'll do just fine without a picture of a pig for me...thanks anyway  :happy3:

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2009, 08:55:04 PM »
P.S.  Ever see the movie 'Babe'?  "That'll do, pig".

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2009, 09:22:24 PM »
LOL   And WW, we'll do just fine without a picture of a pig for me...thanks anyway  :happy3:
Ok mister police officer ;P

P.S.  Ever see the movie 'Babe'?  "That'll do, pig".
Kinda funny movie.
BTW that movie really saved the pig.
Instead of ending up as an sausage it got a lifelong holiday on a 'farm' for retired animals.

SPOKENFOR

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2009, 10:24:29 AM »
Blessings everyone!!  I am so happy that I discovered the tentmaker website...I remember discussing (arguing) with my Dad about my beliefs which were what the bible taught (so i thought) especially about hell...he said he could not accept that a loving God who calls Himself our Father could possible condemn or watch His children be tortured eternally in hell....He asked me if i could watch that happen  to my children ...i could only say to him no i could not but that is what the bible says....I have learned so much this past week in seeking out the truth...this feels "right"  .... the eternal hell thing never really sat well with me and i couldn't help but think if all these Christians really truly believe in eternal hell then we are being pretty relaxed about the whole thing..there should be a sincere, desperate sense of urgency in each of us to reach out and save the unsaved but we all go about our everyday life without that sense of urgency....one question i have though about all mankind being reconciled to God, if that is true that those who die without knowing God will pay for their sins in judgement and then be reconciled to God...why then did Jesus need to die for our sins?? Bless you all... :gangel:

I love that name "Mercyuponus"..Oh Yes, MUCH MERCY..and then MUCH MORE..Welcome... :girlheart: :boyheart: