Author Topic: Newbienot  (Read 1216 times)

kingdom chaser

Newbienot
« on: January 11, 2011, 06:21:30 PM »
Nathan again . . .system wouldn't let me in on the old password, nor would it let me have a new one

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
Re: Newbienot
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 06:25:51 PM »
 :sigh: I'll tell tech help....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 09:13:30 PM »
I'll reset your password Nathan and PM you.
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

kingdom chaser

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 10:31:29 PM »
K, thanks.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 12:11:16 AM »
Ur welcome.  Check PM and see if it works.  Thanks.
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 12:35:26 AM »
Thanks Jabcat!  We're back on again . . .had to try a couple times and reread the email . . .you inverted a couple letters in the password . .threw me a curve on that one!!  But it works now though!!  I'll see if I can't figure out how to change it to one I know before I forget the new one.

Thanks!!!

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 12:37:26 AM »
 The clue is in the secret question.   :bigGrin:  I know, it's not intuitive, I had to think about it too when I was typing it. 

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 12:42:52 AM »
I never got a secret quesition to answer though . . .was I supposed to?

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 01:20:24 AM »
Oh gee...that's one of those issues I may not know for sure unless I'm at that point trying to do it myself and see what happens (unless somebody else tells me [Karen] or from their own experience, such as yours).  It may be that the secret question is what you get if you choose "I don't remember my password"?   Then I think the system emails it to  you.  It's your hint to know what your pw is...doing a little guessing here.

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 01:27:14 AM »
It wasn't very long ago when I came back after some time away that I had to go there and redo my password . . .but I couldn't tell you what the steps were and it was just a couple weeks ago.  I blame old age.

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 02:24:05 AM »
Hey, just so you know Jabcat . . . I'm still have some issues . . .it took me over 5 tries to get on . . .I almost went back to the other login name . . .but on the last try . .it worked . . .I'll keep that in mind next time as well . . .just keep trying until it says "Uncle" and lets me in.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 02:30:11 AM »
Hmmm...beyond me at this point.  Along with what Card said earlier, I'll link this to Karen/TechHelp and maybe she can look at it.

Offline TechHelp

• Admin
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 08:56:37 AM »
Hi Nathan,

Would you please send me the password you would like to use? Make it something that you can readily remember, and I will change your password to that. Email me at webmaster (at) tentmaker.org 

We'll see how things go from there.

Thanks,
Karen

Hey, just so you know Jabcat . . . I'm still have some issues . . .it took me over 5 tries to get on . . .I almost went back to the other login name . . .but on the last try . .it worked . . .I'll keep that in mind next time as well . . .just keep trying until it says "Uncle" and lets me in.

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 03:43:03 PM »
Done.

Thanks Karen.

Offline TechHelp

• Admin
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2011, 08:18:00 AM »
Hi Nathan,

I set your password exactly as you sent it to my email. It is case sensitive.

Please let me know if you have any further difficulty with this.

Karen

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2011, 07:46:31 PM »
Thank you for helping me out.  I am now logged in under the new password . . .however . . .it took 4 tries again . . .I'll keep monitoring it . . .I may just stay logged in all the time and not need to deal with it.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2011, 08:44:49 PM »
I think the password I had set for you worked, it just took multiple times to get logged in.  That's the issue I'm concerned about.

I also just stay logged in all the time.  I see no reason to log out.   :dontknow:

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2011, 10:11:29 PM »
It may be the computer system here at work??  I logged in for a day and came back a couple hours later and had to just now log in again . . .but it seems to be getting better though, it only took me two tries this time. :grin:

Good thing I'm not a complainer!!! :laughing7:

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2011, 10:15:24 PM »
See if you can click login forever.

Then, if it says guest when you visit, try refreshing the screen a few times until your name comes up.

Works for me.  I rarely have to login although I am often called guest.

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2011, 11:26:25 PM »
Wow . . . that's interesting!  Often times when I get online it's on a different computer, we have them all through the Quaker plant here and sometimes if my usual one is being used, I'll have to wander around until I can find another.  But I wouldn't think using different computers would make a difference . . .but maybe I'll try the refresh thing and see what that does.  I had to try twice again just now . . .but at least it's letting me in on the second try . . .before i went 5 or 6.

Offline TechHelp

• Admin
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2011, 06:46:01 PM »
Hi Nathan,

I'm glad you're getting logged in at least a little bit faster than before.

Logging in from different computers will require actually logging in with username and password.

Karen

Wow . . . that's interesting!  Often times when I get online it's on a different computer, we have them all through the Quaker plant here and sometimes if my usual one is being used, I'll have to wander around until I can find another.  But I wouldn't think using different computers would make a difference . . .but maybe I'll try the refresh thing and see what that does.  I had to try twice again just now . . .but at least it's letting me in on the second try . . .before i went 5 or 6.