Author Topic: Newbie seeking answers  (Read 1490 times)

Ruby Faye

Newbie seeking answers
« on: April 28, 2009, 11:03:51 AM »
Hello Everyone.  My name is Ruby Faye and I live in Oregon.  I found this site a long time ago when I was seeking answers about hell.  I sort of got off the beaten path for awhile, but I'm back, seeking answers.

All my life I've been haunted by precious souls being tormented on earth just thinking about the torment of the hell to come if they didn't do the right thing. 

My dear brother was one of them.  He had night terrors about hell, probably until the day he died from an alcohol induced heart attack.

I had a fairly vivid introduction to hell myself, through the preaching at a truly 'holy-roller' church in the Bible Belt.  But for some reason, somewhere along the line, I don't know why I stopped believing there was a hell.

Something inside me just couldn't buy it that a loving God could punish and torture someone for an ETERNITY for ANYTHING. What in God's name, could warrant an eternity of suffering for some small infraction?

It's hard to talk to people about this.  They want some concise answers.  They don't want to study (like me...haha) but they just accept what they've always been taught.

I know I need to study more, but then I'm faced with 'which Bible' to study....are ANY of them truly accurate? 

So, there you have it.  Here I am seeking answers again.

I'm glad you're all here, and I'm looking forward to finding some peace in this whole hell issue.

Thank you, truly
Ruby Faye

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Re: Newbie seeking answers
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 11:46:16 AM »
Hi Ruby Faye.  I'll let  you know that as soon as I saw that you were beginning your first post, God prompted me to pray for you.  Whether this is your "final destination" on your search or not, God has led  you right here for a reason.

Read, read, read, especially the information on the home page of Tentmaker. 

Coming from a former "ET-taught/yet bad taste in mouth about it" believer, once God begins to reveal this deeper side of Himself to you, you very likely won't be able to ever go back...which IMO, even though sometimes it gets lonely "out here", you'll find yourself actually closer to Him...which is a very good thing.

God's blessing, and welcome to the tent.  James.

Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 01:53:53 PM »
even though sometimes it gets lonely "out here"

You wrong! It gets busier and busier out there. ET is being emptied.  :thumbsup:
How can it be lonely with

Welcome Ruby
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline onlytruth

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 07:41:06 PM »
welcome ruby,nice to see someone else on the west coast
blessings :icon_king:

Offline sven

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 08:49:23 PM »
I started to write a longer article, I'm not ready yet but it might you help you a bit

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 09:06:18 PM »
Sven all I have to say is this:
 :thumbsup:
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 10:25:40 PM »
Welcome to the roster Ruby!!  it would appear that God is leading you through a paradigm shift.  He's changing your perspective.  As you read, the Spirit is going to be shedding new light on old passages and the meaning of the verses are going to change in front of you.  They're obviously the same verses . . .different translations may help some, but the actual source for this transformation is not through translation, but through revelation.  You're deep is responding to the call of the deep and your mind is trying to catch up with that .  . . good luck by the way . . .the mind has a terrible time trying to categorize all of this.

Just know that you're not alone . . .and the army is only getting bigger.  It's as WW mentioned . . .God is emptying the church and pouring his bride back out into the earth where he can reproduce life beyond the rigidness of the traditions of religion.  Enjoy the ride, you'll never be the same and never want to look back ever again.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 04:42:35 AM »
 :cloud9: Welcome Ruby......I like your nickname......I like it so well in fact, I named my horse Ruby. Wisdom is more precious than rubies, but I'm sure you're precious, too.  :happygrin:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

SPOKENFOR

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 08:47:20 AM »
Welcome Ruby,  :grin:and I am sure you will find them........

Offline peacemaker

• Bronze
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 08:22:34 AM »
I was never indoctrinated into the principle or ideology of Hell teachings, although, many wanted me to go there!
WELCOMESTONE.

peacemaker

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 10:33:47 PM »
That was beautiful Nathan.

1 Corinthians 2 (Young's Literal Translation)

1And I, having come unto you, brethren, came -- not in superiority of discourse or wisdom -- declaring to you the testimony of God,

2for I decided not to know any thing among you, except Jesus Christ, and him crucified;

3and I, in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling, was with you;

4and my word and my preaching was not in persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power --

5that your faith may not be in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

6And wisdom we speak among the perfect, and wisdom not of this age, nor of the rulers of this age -- of those becoming useless,

7but we speak the hidden wisdom of God in a secret, that God foreordained before the ages to our glory,

8which no one of the rulers of this age did know, for if they had known, the Lord of the glory they would not have crucified;

9but, according as it hath been written, `What eye did not see, and ear did not hear, and upon the heart of man came not up, what God did prepare for those loving Him --'

10but to us did God reveal [them] through His Spirit, for the Spirit all things doth search, even the depths of God,

11for who of men hath known the things of the man, except the spirit of the man that [is] in him? so also the things of God no one hath known, except the Spirit of God.

12And we the spirit of the world did not receive, but the Spirit that [is] of God, that we may know the things conferred by God on us,

13which things also we speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Holy Spirit, with spiritual things spiritual things comparing,

14and the natural man doth not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for to him they are foolishness, and he is not able to know [them], because spiritually they are discerned;

15and he who is spiritual, doth discern indeed all things, and he himself is by no one discerned;

16for who did know the mind of the Lord that he shall instruct Him? and we -- we have the mind of Christ.