Author Topic: New post button /Far to complicated  (Read 689 times)

rickrussell

New post button /Far to complicated
« on: December 16, 2010, 02:19:19 AM »
Dear Tent makers, Great name for a christian forum. 

Sorry but the New Post button is way to hard to find for me. 
martincisneros  is signed in as a guest yet he/she is moderating (?) managing?
On the NEW member page, All the pics are RED EX"S.  No idea what?
So Im at a loss as to what Im doing right here now.  Is this a test to see if I can make this hurdel.
Why frustrate new comers
Thanks and wait yer reply, Best regards, Rick(patrick russell)

I ment to say New Topic button. above. Or (second look) POST button(see page below. Not sure what where. sorry. But I did find one at top and it worked Ok.  Thanks Rick.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 04:52:48 AM by rickrussell »

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Re: New post button /Far to complicated
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 02:30:10 AM »
Dear Tent makers, Great name for a christian forum. 

Sorry but the New Post button is way to hard to find for me. 
martincisneros  is signed in as a guest yet he/she is moderating (?) managing?
On the NEW member page, All the pics are RED EX"S.  No idea what?
So Im at a loss as to what Im doing right here now.  Is this a test to see if I can make this hurdel.
Why frustrate new comers
Thanks and wait yer reply, Best regards, Rick(patrick russell)

Sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean by the New Post button.  Do you mean new topic, or the post button just down to the right below?  If it's "start new topic", you go into a particular board and the "new topic" button is up on the right hand corner.

I'll have to look at the red X issue, I'll try to see what you're seeing.

Anyone who no longer has an account, whether they used to be a mod/admin, or regular member, shows up as guest once their account is inactive.  martin is no longer the administrator.  Plz tell me where you see it listed that he is, and I'll look at it.

No intent to make things difficult.  We have had some issues with the new version of the forum, in that some web browsers apparently have some compatability issues.  If I know what browser you're using I can ask our tech person to look into it.

Thanks, James.
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

rickrussell

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 04:09:14 AM »
Thanks , I copied from : It took me a while to find ( I ment) NEW TOPIC BUTTON.
Please try it by becomeing a new member. I took me several tries to just get in on 3 names.
patrickrussell, patrussell, rickrussell.  (patrickrussel got lost some how)
--------------------------------------From the 1st post thread-------------------------------------------
martincisneros
  Making your 1st Post
on: May 12, 2008, 01:50:47 AM  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Select the board as highlighted.
New Topic Button  as shown.
 Select the Post button as shown.

These 2 confused this old man. Thanks Rick

« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 05:11:19 AM by rickrussell »

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 04:16:28 AM »
Yes, there are many (probably thousands) of posts made by people who used to be members, no longer are, and are now listed as Guest.  I understand that might seem confusing at first, but it's the way Simple Machines Forums operates - which is the platform for this forum.

I've registered multiple test accounts recently, and our tech person has as well.  Recent changes have made things better than before for most, but that's not to say some may still have particular issues.  I'll forward this to Karen, our tech person and see what her thoughts are.  Maybe she can help and/or at least use your feedback for further improvements.  James.

Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

rickrussell

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 04:50:07 AM »

Ok Thanks Jobcat , Now im really mixed up. Below I highlited to different wording for BUTTONS.
TOPIC and POST.  Not sure which to look for but Im just thinking of the newbies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A step-by-step instruction
Step 1
Once you have activated and logged on, you will only see three boards. You can only post in the Welcome Central.  Select the board as highlighted.
Step 2
Once you are in the Welcome Central board, you can only read other posts. YOU CANNOT reply to any thread. 

There is only one button you can use. 
Select the New Topic Button as shown.
Step 3

Give your post a title and type in a message.  Select the Post button as shown.
Step 4

Now click the Home button and wallah, all the boards come to life.

This inconvenience is necessary to trap Spammers and Trolls.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 06:11:10 AM »
Karen (TechHelp) has sent you some info in your messages.  You should be seeing some things differently - whether better or not, plz let karen know.

For anyone else, if you're seeing the forum in a different format, unless you're having problems, then it's OK - just different.  Karen's trying to improve some things.