Author Topic: Curious to see what denomination most of y'all are...  (Read 7401 times)

Offline Taffy

• Gold
Re: Curious to see what denomination most of y'all are...
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2008, 05:50:29 PM »
Quote from: Nathan
So much for being brief.

Not ALL things are Possible bro  :laughing7:
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline CHB

• Silver
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2008, 06:10:49 PM »
Hi Nathan,

I was just wondering if you teach UR at your Church or do you have to be careful of what you teach? How do people respond to your teaching of UR, if you do teach it? Do you have a big congregation?  Is it a UR Church or another belief? Sorry for so many questions, am just curious.

I was raised up in a Baptist Church. I attended that off and on until my early 20's. Then I attended a Seventh Day Advantist Church for a few years. I began listening to Herbert W Armstrong on the radio in my late 20's and finally became a member of that organization. I was a member for 3 1/2 years. When Dr. Ernest Martin left the Church in the 70's I left also and have been a believer in the salvation of all ever since.  

There is an Independant Baptist Church less than a half of mile from where I live and I know the pastor since childhood, in fact his father pastored the Baptist Church where I first attended. Anyway, he started pressuring me to attend Church.  I told him I didn't believe the things most people believed and he said that it didn't matter, so about 3 years ago during a family funeral I attended Church there and have been going ever since. I had been going a little while when the pastor ask me to do Bible Study and I agreed. I decided to tell everyone that I believed in the salvation of all, which surprised the pastor, not that I believed it but that I told everyone. Anyway, everyone has accepted me, but no one has ask me anything about my beliefs. I did Bible Study a couple of weeks ago on the book of Job. I brought out the fact that God was showing Job that his works couldn't save him and didn't make him righteous. I don't think anyone got it though. Or maybe they did, I don't know. The pastor ask me to do another Bible study in the future. I don't know why God has me there but there is a reason I know. I get to say things once in a while, maybe it will make someone think twice about ET. I cringe when the pastor talks about hell because I am a firm believer in UR. After the first Bible Study I did, the pastor told me I "had to get the notion of all being saved out of my head, that I was denying Christ".. I told him "NEVER, I would be denying Christ if I believed the way he did". I told him "I loved him like a brother but I could never believe the way he does". We are still good friends. I forgot to mention that I also sing there every week.  

CHB

Kevin

« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2008, 06:40:53 PM »
Now this is only meant in humor, it popped out as I was scanning through this tread;
Ok, on with it.
" it is easier to convert a Jew to Christianity,
  than a Catholic". 

My origin is Roman Catholic. I need a map to find a church....
I read from around 70 Bibles. Most of them electronic ones.
I often use KJV because 'everyone' uses it and because it is linked to Strong.
Next step is usally comparing with YLT or Rotherham
Basicly the first step is always KJV and the second step whatever translation uses age instead of eternal

WhiteWings, would you think that it would be easier for a Roman Catholic or a Protestant to receive UR? I know all revelation comes from God, but I believe it may be more difficult for some due to their religious doctrines.

Somewhere around here (IICC) there was a post that quoted the Pope saying it was a 'possibility'. Does anyone know where that is?

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2008, 06:51:04 PM »
Now this is only meant in humor, it popped out as I was scanning through this tread;
Ok, on with it.
" it is easier to convert a Jew to Christianity,
  than a Catholic". 

My origin is Roman Catholic. I need a map to find a church....
I read from around 70 Bibles. Most of them electronic ones.
I often use KJV because 'everyone' uses it and because it is linked to Strong.
Next step is usally comparing with YLT or Rotherham
Basicly the first step is always KJV and the second step whatever translation uses age instead of eternal

WhiteWings, would you think that it would be easier for a Roman Catholic or a Protestant to receive UR? I know all revelation comes from God, but I believe it may be more difficult for some due to their religious doctrines.

Somewhere around here (IICC) there was a post that quoted the Pope saying it was a 'possibility'. Does anyone know where that is?

Really?  I would have thought it to be the other way around.

Hi Nathan,

I was just wondering if you teach UR at your Church or do you have to be careful of what you teach? How do people respond to your teaching of UR, if you do teach it? Do you have a big congregation?  Is it a UR Church or another belief? Sorry for so many questions, am just curious.

I was raised up in a Baptist Church. I attended that off and on until my early 20's. Then I attended a Seventh Day Advantist Church for a few years. I began listening to Herbert W Armstrong on the radio in my late 20's and finally became a member of that organization. I was a member for 3 1/2 years. When Dr. Ernest Martin left the Church in the 70's I left also and have been a believer in the salvation of all ever since.  

There is an Independant Baptist Church less than a half of mile from where I live and I know the pastor since childhood, in fact his father pastored the Baptist Church where I first attended. Anyway, he started pressuring me to attend Church.  I told him I didn't believe the things most people believed and he said that it didn't matter, so about 3 years ago during a family funeral I attended Church there and have been going ever since. I had been going a little while when the pastor ask me to do Bible Study and I agreed. I decided to tell everyone that I believed in the salvation of all, which surprised the pastor, not that I believed it but that I told everyone. Anyway, everyone has accepted me, but no one has ask me anything about my beliefs. I did Bible Study a couple of weeks ago on the book of Job. I brought out the fact that God was showing Job that his works couldn't save him and didn't make him righteous. I don't think anyone got it though. Or maybe they did, I don't know. The pastor ask me to do another Bible study in the future. I don't know why God has me there but there is a reason I know. I get to say things once in a while, maybe it will make someone think twice about ET. I cringe when the pastor talks about hell because I am a firm believer in UR. After the first Bible Study I did, the pastor told me I "had to get the notion of all being saved out of my head, that I was denying Christ".. I told him "NEVER, I would be denying Christ if I believed the way he did". I told him "I loved him like a brother but I could never believe the way he does". We are still good friends. I forgot to mention that I also sing there every week.  

CHB

I do preach UR.  Until coming to this forum, I didn't know there was a name for it.  I didn't even realize I believed in it until years after I already had been teaching on it from another angle.  I came to it literally through revelation . . .the book.  My road went through the tabernacle of Moses being the framework from which Revelation is built on.  And the laver is the symbol, or pattern for the lake of fire.  It was where the priests washed their hands . .it was a place of cleansing and purification rather than destruction.

It was where all things that adhered to the flesh of the priests from their laboring activity with the animal sacrifice would be washed away and assisted in the preparation for the priest to enter into the tabernacle.  The lake of fire is the laver that washes our flesh from our spirit to prepare us to enter into the Temple of God.  The ultimate goal is not the temple, but the holy of holies . . .10x10x10, it's dimensions . .it's the 1000 year reign of Christ, who "is" rest, the Sabbath . .the Jubilee.  He is the volume of the book.  Everything was made to illuminate his identity.  Everything was written to proclaim His Truth in us. 

So for years, I believed the lake of fire was the laver, a place of cleansing.  But I never made the connection between that and the entire world being reconciled back to him.  Even though that's exactly what it's doing.  Funny how that works.  But again, when we enter into the realm of the kingdom, there are so many things that are connected to so many other areas, and also take into account the age of the believer passing through those isles and isles of revelational truths that have no end, it's easy to be raptured up in the overall scheme without realizing all the reprocussions that are included.

But yes, I openly tell the church that what I'm preaching is considered to be heresy by the denomination.  Well, I tell them that now.  I didn't put it that way in the very beginning.  Actually, when I first became a pastor 6 years ago, I was as traditional as they come.  But shortly after my first year, I called the church to a 40 day fast, felt very strongly led to do so . . .and the purpose was to seek God for what direction he wanted us to go . . seemed like a noble cause at the time .  .but I had no clue just how drastic my direction was about to change.

To keep this short (for me . .and yes Taf, I got your post!!) when I did make the turn, I had about a third of the church leave me.  And those that stayed were doing so more out of routine than support.  But it was either I cater to the congregation, or I continued to follow the voice within me through the spirit.  I couldn't tell them that the reason I preached what I did was the answer to the 40 day fast.  Because at that time, I didn't even realize that's what it was.  It wasn't until another year or so when I was throwing away old sermon tapes that I didn't agree with anymore, that I found when the fast started and ended . .and when I went dimensional.

I have a crowbar I hang from the pulpit now.  I refer to it a lot.  In order for Christ to build his temple in me, I've first got to let him do some demo in me for the things I let other men build that no longer measure up.  Then the huge flood came and I had to use the crow bar to help my wife's parents rip the walls out of their home and it never made it back to the pulpit . . .then one Sunday, there it was . . .but it wasn't mine.  Someone had brought in another one and painted it . . .did you know a crow bar has six sides?  Six, the number of man.  They painted two sides purple (royalty) two sides silver (grace) and two sides gold (purity).  And it's been hanging there ever since.  The person that did it is one of several families that God has brought to us, replacing those that left.

The only ones that I try to fly low with are my superiors . . . but in the last several months, things were said that has put me on alert with them.  But I continue to preach freely the things God leads us into.  We are currently going through the book I got off of the home site of another forum (heart to heart) called "Hope Beyond Hell".  Which speaks of the same exact things we discuss here when talking about ET.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2008, 07:07:31 PM »
It was where all things that adhered to the flesh of the priests from their laboring activity with the animal sacrifice would be washed away and assisted in the preparation for the priest to enter into the tabernacle.  The lake of fire is the laver that washes our flesh from our spirit to prepare us to enter into the Temple of God.  The ultimate goal is not the temple, but the holy of holies . . .10x10x10, it's dimensions . .it's the 1000 year reign of Christ, who "is" rest, the Sabbath . .the Jubilee.  He is the volume of the book.  Everything was made to illuminate his identity.  Everything was written to proclaim His Truth in us. 

So for years, I believed the lake of fire was the laver, a place of cleansing.

That's beautiful.  I never would have seen that connection.

There is a lot of information hidden within the ritual of the Levite priesthood.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 07:09:50 PM by Molly »

alihaymeg

« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2008, 07:28:04 PM »
Nathan,

God bless you for your faithfulness. Even in the face of great personal risk, you have refused to perpetuate the lie of (ET). I considder it a miracle when a person is able to ignor the flesh and serve God wholeheartedly. I would love to hear more about your studies in the book of Revelation.

If it ever becomes an issue, the Christian Universalist Association offers ordination based on Universalist values. They have members of many denominations and creeds, and they don't limit their members in any way. I have been considdering it myself. God bless you my Brother!

Texas Son

« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2008, 07:28:23 PM »
Wow!!  :mshock:  Nathan, I think I need to invite you to come speak at our church! That was powerful!  :bgdance:

Thanks for sharing!

TS

Offline CHB

• Silver
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2008, 07:58:16 PM »

Nathan,

Thanks for responding to my post. I admire you for sticking with what you believe, it is hard to do in the world of ET. I am sure your messages have made a difference in a lot of lives.

CHB