Author Topic: Iwantmydindin  (Read 1278 times)

iwantmydindin

Iwantmydindin
« on: December 28, 2010, 06:56:07 AM »
Hello everyone,I just wanted to give a proper background of me being here. First of all ,my username was originally suppose to be nero.After numerous attempts the website wasn't accepting my account.So in frustration i typed in iwantmydindin and it worked. Anyway, after feeling a sudden pull towards God earlier this year. I went searching for knowledge of God. After learning about some key theology...I was satisfied. Well, everything was fine until i encountered Calvinism. This system changed my view of God dramatically. While "Tulip" seemed correct it wasn't easy to accept. It was so bleak that it consumed my thoughts. I eventually accepted the system of Calvinism and altered my views. After reading a puritan article called" Are you a christian?"I realized i wasn't. I mean, i honestly depise most people . So,i told God i was never a disciple and that i deserved hell. Feeling horrible, i randomly typed in universal christians and clicked on the first site. I was suprised at the articles i read.That one site led to many and this was the final one. So thats my story.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Re: Iwantmydindin
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 07:26:34 AM »
nero/din, if you've been drawn to the Lord and been given the faith to believe in Him and call on Him for salvation, you're saved.  If not yet, respond when He does draw you.  If you're saved, maybe you need to know more about Who He really is, how much He loves us, and that He's not the torturer of ET and Calvinism.  If so, He will heal you over time, letting  you know His true character. 

God bless.

iwantmydindin

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 07:42:35 AM »
Thanks for the response, jabcat,always encouraging. I honestly think i'm in the drawing stage. You know when i was in despair, I could never shake the feeling of peace and knowledge of God. There is peace when i read this:Joh 6:44  No one is able to come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him, and I will raise him up in the last day.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 07:52:34 AM »
Amen.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 08:55:18 AM »
 :cloud9: Welcome to the board and be blessed here........ :thumbsup:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline shawn

• Bronze
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 06:33:02 PM »
Many Calvinist thoughts on scripture make sense to me.  But, it all falls apart when it's incorporates ET into the equation.  Calvinism would have me believe that God is agape (which is true) and that He formed helpless vessels who never had a shot, unable to serve God, unchosen, predestined to eternal torture.  This is counterintuitive and unscriptural.  With that said, the Bible does support many Calvinist thoughts.  God is indeed in control of all.  He did select and chose.  We can not come to Him unless he draws us.

PaoloNuevo

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 02:41:45 AM »
The thing is... God did choose ALL... and we can't resist the life eonian Jesus will give us eventually... (John 17: 2)
 :laughing7:

Although only a (relative) few are selected to be a part of the church and firstfruits...

But let's make no mistake, He brings everyone through the fire:

1 Peter 4:12 (Young's Literal Translation)

12Beloved, think it not strange at the fiery suffering among you that is coming to try you, as if a strange thing were happening to you,

Isaiah 48:10 (Young's Literal Translation)

10Lo, I have refined thee, and not with silver, I have chosen thee in a furnace of affliction.

With that, WELCOME NERO/DIN!!!  :icon_king: :icon_king: :HeartThrob: :icon_king:

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 11:03:03 AM »
The thing is... God did choose ALL...
Yes, but in relation to Shawn's quote I would say no.
There is an elect. Calvinists are right about that.
Of course they are wrong about the nature of the elect concept.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 08:04:56 PM »
I think Calvinists have part of it right - predestination/election.  What I believe they miss is the ecclesia, called out now vs. the remainder of everyone and everything being restored later rather than eternally tormented.  As in my sig, ecclesia predestined, all else destined.   :2c:

Offline shawn

• Bronze
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 09:38:54 PM »
I think Calvinists have part of it right - predestination/election.  What I believe they miss is the ecclesia, called out now vs. the remainder of everyone and everything being restored later rather than eternally tormented.  As in my sig, ecclesia predestined, all else destined.   :2c:

This makes significantly more sense than traditional Calvinist thoughts on the subject.  I know Calvinists get a bad rap here, and many places in the Christian community.  It's a tough pill to swallow.  But, when you eliminate the ET segment and replace it with the above thoughts on election...IMO it becomes the most sound doctrine out there.  My pastor is a traditional Calvinist.  I asked him about free will.  He said, who has free will?  You are either a slave to sin, or you are a slave to Christ.  There are no other options.  I dig that.  It's very true. 

Offline fullarmor2

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 11:24:27 PM »
Welcome.    And I thought I saw your screen name on a chess site. I wonder if that was you?  :happy3:
For all those who live in the shadow of death,  a glorious light has dawned!  And for all those who stumble in the darkness,   behold,   your light has come!!

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2011, 06:43:51 AM »

Is this thought about the elect pertaining to the passage where it speaks about many are called but few are chosen?  There seems to be some misconceptions about that particular passage and it can derail one from realizing the intent for which it was written.  For me, the reason why few are chosen is not because God just randomly picks a few.  I believe he would desire that all he calls he could also choose to be his planters . . .but because of "their" rejection, misconception, or even passiveness to that call, they aren't chosen.  I think it has much more to do with our receptiveness toward the call as to whether we are chosen at all.

If you want to be chosen, to plant seeds of life, then just be receptive to the life-seed planted in you.

Offline Pierac

• Bronze
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 03:52:57 AM »

Agreed, the elect are for the 1000 year reign, not salvation from "eternal torment"