Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 542 times)

Offline Seer After Truth

• Reg
Introduction
« on: December 09, 2012, 05:12:28 AM »
Greetings all in the Name of the Lord!  Where to begin!  On November 27 just last week, my wife found an article from the Tentmaker site on what the early Christians believed about the savior.  Well, it was a profound experience to read it for me! 

Short background:  I am 38, married with twin 8 year old boys.  I am an auditor/CPA.  My wife is a stay at home, but we home school and she was a HS business teacher before the boys were born.  God has been present to me all of my life, but it is only within the last eleven years that my relationship with Him as truly progressed.

Anyway, I suppose I will just give a few highlights in how God has brought me to this Restitution of all things/Salvation of all.  In some ways, I am not the typical accountant.  However, in one sense I am, and that is the idea of reconciliation.  So, I have had this vision, so to speak, of God's oneness/ integration and our dis-integration - this began in early 2009.  Part of that was the idea of every knee bowing and every tongue confessing Jesus is Lord and everyone meaning it, no holding back, everyone agreeing with God, no reluctance.  Anyway, during this time, God would take a scripture and really enlarge the meaning to me and they all seemed to point towards this idea of God's absolute oneness and how great that really is (more than I can even fathom).  I read fairly heavy books and I began to read some Orthodox writings and one thing that really interested me was this hope they have of the salvation of all (including the devil).  I even read it in the Brothers K!  Today (Saturday the 8th) I read this article I found on Saint Issac the Syrian on Love and Mercy and he is a major proponent of the salvation of all.  It is worth the read!  http://www.worldapostoliccongressonmercy.org/IMG/pdf/Bishop_Hilarion_Alfeyev.pdf 

So I began to contemplate this hope of the salvation of all off and on.  I never really let it get to great in me and take hold, but I would think things like the idea that if God were to save all and none against the will (Not as a comment on free will or not) of any person, then there would necessarily need to be a time of purging, whether it was in this life, which I think if one seeks God now is the case, or after death.

Interestingly, and I am going to shorten this quite a bit, in the last couple of months I have been seeking in the question of why we are really here in the first place and what are we to really be doing.  I had this idea that all of the world's problems are because they are by and large human solutions to human problems and the reality is the only answer really is God's Oneness and the application thereof.  Well, this article was the catalyst for me to completely embrace Christian Universalism, and unlike some other ideas I have come to embrace over the years, it is wholehearted!

This is going to require still a lot of re-orientation of my mind and heart, but in other ways, it does not as I have always, from a very early age, been very sensitive to discord and always wanted to see reconciliation in all things.  I guess since it has been my own struggle with life in terms of my own potential often realized of sin / dis-integration.

I am not a heavy post type person as I am very busy, but I did want to introduce myself to at least give another witness to this.

In Christ,

Will
Truth is Unkillable - Balthsar Hubmaier

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 05:30:13 AM »
Excellent!  Thanks for sharing, and be with us as often as you can.  Blessings.   :dsunny:
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 06:17:01 AM »
Praise Him that chaos and dis-integration are being "swallowed up" by "apocatastasis"(Acts 3:21), "anakephalaiomai"(Eph 1:10) and the "apocatalasso pas"(Col. 1:21). The veil is torn, by "apocalupsis"(Eph 3:3, Ro. 16:25) God has made it clear as the dawn of a new day ALL have been redeemed, ALL shall be reconciled, ALL will be restored when God is ALL in ALL :o)

Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery which has been kept secret for long ages past, but now is manifested, and by the Scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the eternal God, has been made known to all the nations, leading to obedience of faith; to the only wise God, through Jesus Christ, be the glory forever. Amen.
(Rom 16:25-27)

By revelation(apokalupsis) He made known to us the mystery(musterion),

Death where is Thy Sting.................Behold I am making all things new!

The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.com

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 03:22:43 AM »
Welcome! May you be blessed here.  :HeartThrob:
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
  • The truth points to itself. -Kosh Naranek
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 03:48:26 AM »
Welcome!  Welcome!!  Your testimony is inspiring, and I hope we hear more from you! :friendstu:
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.