Author Topic: Introducing Myself  (Read 599 times)

Samson

Introducing Myself
« on: October 06, 2011, 04:31:34 PM »
Hello Tentmaker Forum,

Obviously, I'm new to this Forum, My name is Brad, but I go by the name of Samson. I don't and haven't joined too many Forums. I'm currently a member at Bible-Truths(L Ray Smith), but decided to join this Forum. Read Gary Amiraults personal testimony, really appreciated it. Enjoy reading some of the articles at this Site regarding Authors down through the Centuries that taught and advocated the Eventual Salvation of All. Gary's interview of Louis Abbott(An Analytical Study of Words)  was especially Enlightening. Prior to discovering Universal Reconciliation, I spent Twenty Years as a Member of Jehovah's Witnesses, resigning in April of 2004. After spending Two Years of researching the History of the JW's and examining their beliefs and reading the writings of Raymond Franz(Former Governing body Member), I came across the writings of John Wesley Hanson specifically in regards to His Paper explaining Aion, Aions and Aionios, plus the Hebrew equivalent Ohlam. That was My first exposure to the concept that Punishment(Chastisement or Correction-Kolasin) was of limited duration. Universalism, The Prevailing doctrine Throughout The first five Centuries was especially enlightening. Read some of An Andrew Jukes, Alexander Thomson, Adolph Knock, etc. Eventually, I stumbled upon bible-Truths(L Ray Smith).

I've sorta broadened My Horizons a little by joining Tentmakers and also enjoy reading and listening to Jeff Priddy(aka-Martin Zender). Hope to participate and get to know some of you. Perhaps some of you participate on You-Tube regarding Universalism. My User Name at You-Tube is Oceangrove129 and you might recall seeing Me there.

Kind Regards, Samson.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Re: Introducing Myself
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 05:26:46 PM »
Hi and  :welcome:
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 11:07:19 PM »
Hi Brad,

Welcome! I'm an ex-jw,too! Ten years..but studied off and on with them ten years before baptisim[a lot of good that did me]

Holy spirit called me out in 1996. I bolted out of there and never looked back.   

Follow Christ,receive Holy spirit and free gift of eternal life.......His LOVE endures forever.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 05:18:40 AM »

Ocean Grove is the name of the town next to my own.
Do you live in New Jersey?