Author Topic: Im so confused!  (Read 2812 times)

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
  • I watch, & am as a sparrow alone upon the rooftop.
Re: Im so confused!
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2009, 07:31:26 PM »
VID... tried to pm you bro... but my pm thingy is not working right now. It told me to try back in an hour. I probably won't be here in an hour, but will try back later today.
peace to you brother,
sparrow
"I knelt to drink,
And knew that I was on the brink
Of endless joy. And everywhere
I turned I saw a wonder there."

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

imsoconfused

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2009, 08:33:21 PM »
Im off to he hospital again for this lovely depression that plauges me. They do not deal w spiritual isuses there. Just give ya a new drug.

Ive read this site and simply cannot buy ino it. I appreciate your eforts and wish yo all the best.

God is God! Period. One who rains fires on cities and forgives the adulteress. I want Him to be somone else. But a stove is a stove. He is who He is and I must accept that. All I can do is trust His mercy and read the good bits in the Bible until some healing comes.

Off to do the thorazine shuffle. I may pop in again, yer nice folk.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2009, 08:42:55 PM »
  :cloud9: Please read your messages........ :girlheart:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

jesushandsarekindhands

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2009, 11:38:19 PM »
My advice is that you have to let go of all the false doctrines you have heard for good.
The way you do that is by hearing the truth, which Jesus said "Will set you free".
Whatever is going wrong, it's not going wrong with anyone else nor with God, but you have simply come to your own conclusion about things.  In otherwords you are convinced of your 'own' opinions because you have heard so much false teachings.

You have to get rid of those teachings and learn the truth now.

The way to do that is to listen to preachers who preach 'the truth'.  Then when you hear someone talking rubbish you will be able to spot it and avoid it, or have an answer clear in your mind about it.
Nothing is incurable.
God is 'the great physician'.

You should listen to these guys on utube preach, i found that by listening to them night after night and really taking in and researching what they said really helped me.
Sure you can read and read until you are blue in the face, but sometimes just playing a video and sitting back with a cup of tea is the best way to let somthing really sink in.  Plus its a lot more....(whats the word?)...Well it just feels like you are 'closer' to the person when they are talking directly at you in a video...It has a more personal touch.

These guys i highly reccomend...

http://www.youtube.com/user/BibleTruth

http://www.youtube.com/user/NOT1LOST

http://www.youtube.com/user/salvationforall1

You could even download their videos from utube to watch again and again (especially when you feel the dread starting in your mind).
If you want to download utube videos free, go here...

http://flvtoavi.com/

The programme is 100% free and you can open as many as you like to download multiple videos.

Well...that helped me anyway, ive been filling my mind with the truth now for the last few months and now im struggling to imagine how i could have believed so much rubbish about eternal hell etc for so long...

Offline peacemaker

• Bronze
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2009, 02:16:18 AM »
We all have choices to make when it comes to anger, pain (suffering) and depression, yet our mind tells us otherwise, given the physical or emotional experiences.

peacemaker

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2009, 08:42:24 AM »
It may seem I'm just another voice among many.  I do believe the truth will win.  I believe, other than drawing close to God in worship, one of the greatest and most profitable things you can do is to read Scripture the way God gave it, book by book.  Some books are together, like the first 5 or torah. The following book should follow the reading of the torah.  Joshua begins with the word, "And" indicationg a continuation of what went before.

One of the best methods to read the Bible, remembering it is whole books at a time, is to place a marker at Genesis, Psalms and Matthew.  Every time you read a chapter in one book you should read a chapter in all 3 books.  If you read 3 chapters a day you'll finish the Bible in under a year.  14 chapters a day, very much more than you'd expect, will have you finishing the Bible (N.T. twice) in a little less than   With this method you'll read the Hebrew portion through once for every twice through the New Testament.  When the Genesis marker gets to Psalms, put it back and start with Genesis again.  When the Psalms marker finishes Malachi, put the marker back at the beginning of Psalms.  When you've gone from Matthew through Revelation, start Matthew again.

This is the best plan I've yet found and it is a very simple one.

I know this isn't using so many possible defences for knowing Scripture; but, ignorance of the written word accounts for much suffering.  If you read enough of it you may find, as many already have, there is health and healing in there.  In it there is wisdom and knowledge and power, as well as riches, strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.  All such things many testify came to them through obeying the knowledge God has given in the Scripture.
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2009, 07:43:01 PM »
Im off to he hospital again for this lovely depression that plauges me. They do not deal w spiritual isuses there. Just give ya a new drug.

Ive read this site and simply cannot buy ino it. I appreciate your eforts and wish yo all the best.

God is God! Period. One who rains fires on cities and forgives the adulteress. I want Him to be somone else. But a stove is a stove. He is who He is and I must accept that. All I can do is trust His mercy and read the good bits in the Bible until some healing comes.

Hi imsoconfused. I know exactly where you are at, like a lot of others on this site I have been there as well and am just coming out of having major anxiety/OCD/depression. Like yours, mine was also fixed on spiritual issues and the idea of who God really is. It is true that God is who He is and we cannot change that. But once you know who He REALLY is you won't want to change it. There are some parts of Scripture that make God seem cruel, but when taken in context and really think about it, everything He does makes perfect sense and is perfectly loving and holy and just. For example, when He rained fire on Sodom they were extremely wicked and sexually corrupt.... Think of how the children would have been treated if He had just let them continue on in their sin. When God chose to rain fire down on Sodom I believe He was acting in an extremely loving and merciful way. (By the way, all of those Sodomites WILL be redeemed.) When we are living in sin we are miserable, lost and dead, and most of us don't even realize it. Those Sodomites were miserable, lost and dead, but God will make them to truly live. I hope that you will come to know God's true character and be set free from the bondage that the lies have held you captive to. *Hugs*
Why do you think i am still without a job ?
I left my job because i could not stand the mercyless exploitation that the company had toward the workers .
They were smart and very nice people ,yet used like mops for miserable payment .
And now i am unhapy because i dont have a job and dont know what the future will bring .

People allow it YES . But those that want a change are such a small group that it is only their heads that will hurt from the atempts they make to change things .

That is why i dont like your god aswell . I didnt choose to be here ! I dont want to be here !
And i did not choose to be limited and bounded as i am now . Even if one day i have the best job and live in the best nation ,i am still a small piece of dust in this universe that the big powers can use without care of what suffering may be on my head .

Wow VID, you sound absolutely miserable! Like it or not, God made you in order to bless you for all eternity. Get over it.  :happygrin:
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2009, 07:45:15 PM »
Hey confused...

I saved this awhile back. Don't remember where I found it:

Blessed Are the Confused

*M. Scott Peck*

"When Jesus gave his big sermon, the first words out of his mouth were: "Blessed are the poor in spirit." There are a number of ways to translate"poor in spirit," but on an intellectual level, the best translation is "confused."

Blessed are the confused. If you ask why Jesus might have said that, then I must point out to you that confusion leads to a search for clarification and with that search comes a great deal of learning. For an old idea to die and a new and better idea to take place, we have to go through periods of confusion. It is uncomfortable, sometimes painful to be in such periods. Nonetheless it is blessed because when we are in them, we are open to the new, we are looking, we are growing.

And so it is that Jesus said, "Blessed are the confused." Virtually all of the evil in this world is committed by people who are absolutely certain they know what they're doing. It is not committed by people who think of themselves as confused. It is not committed by the poor in spirit".

Now, this teaching makes sense to me!

:goodpost: I absolutely loved that post sparrow! For the first time in my life I am okay with being confused.   :cloud9:

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2009, 08:58:17 PM »

Hi imsoconfused. I know exactly where you are at, like a lot of others on this site I have been there as well and am just coming out of having major anxiety/OCD/depression. Like yours, mine was also fixed on spiritual issues and the idea of who God really is. It is true that God is who He is and we cannot change that. But once you know who He REALLY is you won't want to change it. There are some parts of Scripture that make God seem cruel, but when taken in context and really think about it, everything He does makes perfect sense and is perfectly loving and holy and just. For example, when He rained fire on Sodom they were extremely wicked and sexually corrupt.... Think of how the children would have been treated if He had just let them continue on in their sin. When God chose to rain fire down on Sodom I believe He was acting in an extremely loving and merciful way. (By the way, all of those Sodomites WILL be redeemed.) When we are living in sin we are miserable, lost and dead, and most of us don't even realize it. Those Sodomites were miserable, lost and dead, but God will make them to truly live. I hope that you will come to know God's true character and be set free from the bondage that the lies have held you captive to. *Hugs*
Why do you think i am still without a job ?
I left my job because i could not stand the mercyless exploitation that the company had toward the workers .
They were smart and very nice people ,yet used like mops for miserable payment .
And now i am unhapy because i dont have a job and dont know what the future will bring .

People allow it YES . But those that want a change are such a small group that it is only their heads that will hurt from the atempts they make to change things .

That is why i dont like your god aswell . I didnt choose to be here ! I dont want to be here !
And i did not choose to be limited and bounded as i am now . Even if one day i have the best job and live in the best nation ,i am still a small piece of dust in this universe that the big powers can use without care of what suffering may be on my head .

Wow VID, you sound absolutely miserable! Like it or not, God made you in order to bless you for all eternity. Get over it.  :happygrin:

:goodpost:
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline fullarmor2

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2009, 05:18:47 AM »
There are some parts of Scripture that make God seem cruel, but when taken in context and really think about it, everything He does makes perfect sense and is perfectly loving and holy and just. For example, when He rained fire on Sodom they were extremely wicked and sexually corrupt.... Think of how the children would have been treated if He had just let them continue on in their sin. When God chose to rain fire down on Sodom I believe He was acting in an extremely loving and merciful way. (By the way, all of those Sodomites WILL be redeemed.)

Everything is well said lomarah,    I would simply like to add something.    When God seems, to OUR limited sight and understanding,   to do something  awful and horrible to even sinners.   I don't believe its the big deal that it appears to be to us.  Its not no where near, if at all,    as bad as it looks.   And here is why.   Because God is love AND omnipotent!! That means  God knew the end from the beginning regarding all those sinners in the old testament and anywhere else,  who came under any terrible judgment.  God also preplanned everything!  And if God preplanned their judgments,   that means that somehow God prepared those people to go through those judgments, so the experience would not be unbearable. Didn't God say "I will not allow people to endure more than they are able to handle"?      So all those people were taken care of by God is my point. And to a greater extent than we realize  I'm sure.    
     So because God is love and omnipotent,   God is ALWAYS in control!   When you see or hear about something horrible that  you don't understand,   just trust God.       God is on top of EVERYTHING!   So really,   in light of that,    we should automatically(not needing to understand!) trust God in the face of horrible things.   Then we won't even have to psychoanalyze    anything,     like I just did.  :laughing7:        Its so much easier to just trust God!      
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 05:35:29 AM by fullarmor2 »
For all those who live in the shadow of death,  a glorious light has dawned!  And for all those who stumble in the darkness,   behold,   your light has come!!

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2009, 03:36:08 PM »
There are some parts of Scripture that make God seem cruel, but when taken in context and really think about it, everything He does makes perfect sense and is perfectly loving and holy and just. For example, when He rained fire on Sodom they were extremely wicked and sexually corrupt.... Think of how the children would have been treated if He had just let them continue on in their sin. When God chose to rain fire down on Sodom I believe He was acting in an extremely loving and merciful way. (By the way, all of those Sodomites WILL be redeemed.)

Everything is well said lomarah,    I would simply like to add something.    When God seems, to OUR limited sight and understanding,   to do something  awful and horrible to even sinners.   I don't believe its the big deal that it appears to be to us.  Its not no where near, if at all,    as bad as it looks.   And here is why.   Because God is love AND omnipotent!! That means  God knew the end from the beginning regarding all those sinners in the old testament and anywhere else,  who came under any terrible judgment.  God also preplanned everything!  And if God preplanned their judgments,   that means that somehow God prepared those people to go through those judgments, so the experience would not be unbearable. Didn't God say "I will not allow people to endure more than they are able to handle"?      So all those people were taken care of by God is my point. And to a greater extent than we realize  I'm sure.    
     So because God is love and omnipotent,   God is ALWAYS in control!   When you see or hear about something horrible that  you don't understand,   just trust God.       God is on top of EVERYTHING!   So really,   in light of that,    we should automatically(not needing to understand!) trust God in the face of horrible things.   Then we won't even have to psychoanalyze    anything,     like I just did.  :laughing7:        Its so much easier to just trust God!      

:thumbsup: :goodpost: