Author Topic: I'm looooooooonley!  (Read 2039 times)

rebeccat

I'm looooooooonley!
« on: December 02, 2008, 07:47:43 AM »
Hi all!  I posted here ages ago, but just don't get here often.  Came here tonight mostly because I just need some where to complain to sane, loving people.  I'm in far western wisconsin outside of the twin cities.  Apparently there are no other christian universalist types within 150 miles of me.  For whatever reason, I just can't seem to connect with other Christians to save my life.  Which is killing me because as much as I love my kids and husband and enjoy my hobbies and interests - it is my faith which consumes me.  The crazy thing is that the very gifts which God has given me to work with seem to be what people find threatening and intimidating.  Lately I've been feeling like I've followed God so far down the rabbit hole that I've become some sort of entirely different sort of creature than everyone else around me.  The closer I get to God and the more I allow Him to redeem and restore me, the farther I get from my fellow man.  Right now I'm so lonely I've really been questioning if it's all worth it. 

I did find a spiritual adviser to meet with recently who seems to share my UR leanings and who is an honestly spiritually mature woman who doesn't seem to be intimidated or put off by me.  Unfortunately, she seems to be having similar problems with the church and Christians, which isn't hopeful.  Besides, we only meet once a month.  So, it's better than nothing, but did I mention that I'm lonely?

Anyhow, enough complaining for tonight.  :happy3:  But if y'all would say a prayer for me, I'd sure appreciate it.  And if you live anywhere near Hudson WI, I'd love ya forever if you'd let me know.  (OK, I'll love ya forever anyways.  But I do it better face to face.   :girlheart:)

-Rebecca

Offline Molly

• Gold
Re: I'm looooooooonley!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 08:37:15 AM »
The crazy thing is that the very gifts which God has given me to work with seem to be what people find threatening and intimidating.  Lately I've been feeling like I've followed God so far down the rabbit hole that I've become some sort of entirely different sort of creature than everyone else around me.  The closer I get to God and the more I allow Him to redeem and restore me, the farther I get from my fellow man.

1 His foundation is on the holy mountains.
    2 The LORD loves the gates of Zion
    more than all the dwellings of Jacob. 

3 Glorious things are said about you,
    city of God. 

Selah

4 "I will mention those who know Me:
    Rahab, Babylon, Philistia, Tyre, and Cush 
    each one was born there." 

5 And it will be said of Zion,
    "This one and that one were born in her."
    The Most High Himself will establish her.

6 When He registers the peoples,
    the LORD will record,
    "This one was born there."

Selah

--Psa 87

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 09:09:40 AM »
rebeccat, hey there!  Hang around here more often, fellowship with us...there are folks here who'll care for you, pray for you, and are a part of the Body you can be a part of.  I've been reading your posts.  Good comments!
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 03:53:07 AM »

Hi Rebecca,
  Glad you are here sis ,  :HeartThrob:  may the good Lord send that special friend in need .
  we are all here also  , been lonely me self  :sigh:
 good place for friends    in the Lord
and the Lords Spirit

ScarletWren

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 08:11:22 AM »
I feel the same way many times.  It is a lonely road.  At least you have that counselor.

mindpoet61

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 12:36:25 PM »
Greets Rebecca!

I can relate to your feelings of frustration and loneliness; especially when there are very few who seem to share our views. I've been in a similar predicament ever since I stopped attending church 8 yrs ago.

Someday soon when Christ returns with His new government things will be a lot different.
In the meantime, hang in there!!
Erik

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 02:42:29 PM »
Hi Reb

Welcome :icon_flower:

Tent is a Place for many who have little fellowship elsewhere, so ya wont feel left out in the cold for sure :icon_flower:

Many borads to chat or discuss on. :icon_flower:
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 03:39:44 PM »
Hey Rebecca,
I think this is one place you'll find where many can relate.  There is a level of "counting the cost" when we choose to follow a voice that leads us outside of the boundary lines of traditional thinking.  It can cost us relationships with family and friends, but the one thing that well sustain you is the same that led you out, you've already addressed it . . . of all the "things" that have been added unto you, the one thing that has consumed you is the very life that sustains you. 

Follow the voice, not your eyes.  If you respond to what you're eyes see, that will distract you from what the voice within you says.  But if you listen to His voice in you, and follow, in doing so, will enable you to truly "see" the things that matter most.

The loneliness is part of that martyrdom that comes with the maturing relationship God is bringing many of us into.  This is only the beginning, it's always a procession with God.  He never keeps us in one place for long before leading us deeper and deeper into his nature and glory.  It even gets to the place where we just run out of words (even for me!  But I see a prodigal that returned this weekend that shows much potential to be even longer winded than I :laughing7:)

The secret to having a river of life flow living water out of you is . . .it's got to have a place to flow . .it's got to be moving . .. otherwise it becomes a stagnant pond.  And I think that is why you've found yourself back here, you need to be able to release that which is in you so more can flow in . . .it's a "new" thing "every morning". 

Hang in there, you're with family here.

Blessings.

YoungYuni

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2008, 05:45:47 PM »
Hiya

Hugs!

I completely understand, and I know you are not alone!

A prayer to you!

:bgdance:

Offline sven

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2008, 10:16:58 PM »
you are lonely because nobody shares your belief if i understood right?

i can understand this, i have a strong old testament belief, i think justness in a general sense is most important in live, many christian doctrines are not just. im a strict monotheist and reject the idea of trinity, maybe i am an arian christian or even no christian at all, but i have a kind of belief in Jesus, i prefer to say Yeshua and i think universalism seems to be what the bible teaches, maybe i believe in a kind of semi-universalism like the Jews might do, that only the utterly wicked will be destroyed, but im very alone with my belief also. so many christians seems to me so unjust and pagan that i dont want to call myself a christian, its a shame how bad many of them know the bible and that many of them refuse to improve their knowledge by reading a better translation eg., maybe you know how frustrating this might be.

aspiring son

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2008, 02:35:00 AM »
Rebeccat,
Hang in there. Most of us come here because this is the only fellowship we have with like-minded believers. You are always welcome here.