Author Topic: Hi, I'm new here.  (Read 1202 times)

Syndicated

Hi, I'm new here.
« on: November 02, 2009, 09:54:24 PM »
Hey all.

I haven't been a part of a Bible based forum for about 14 years.  I'm very new to the complete inclusion idea as I have been brought up believing a typical Christian doctrine of praying 'The Sinner's Prayer' and continually rededicating myself to God without feeling any relief from judgement.  I am not sure what I believe and I am still trying to find my 'spiritual footing'.

natcat86

Re: Hi, I'm new here.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 10:07:52 PM »
Welcome Sydicated,

I'm a newbie to this forum and relatively new to UR. You are in safe hands here. Be blessed,

Nat :icon_flower: :bgdance:

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 11:37:44 PM »
 :cloud9: Welcome to the Tent....... :welcome: :newb: :Peace:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 11:41:51 PM »
Hi  :icon_flower:

Good day and Welcome to Tent  :icon_flower:

:icon_flower:
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline willieH

• Read Only
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 12:06:55 AM »
willieH: Hi Syndicated!  :welcome:

Hey all.

I haven't been a part of a Bible based forum for about 14 years.  I'm very new to the complete inclusion idea as I have been brought up believing a typical Christian doctrine of praying 'The Sinner's Prayer' and continually rededicating myself to God without feeling any relief from judgement.  I am not sure what I believe and I am still trying to find my 'spiritual footing'.

You owe it to yourself to INVESTIGATE the teachings of ANYONE... including TENTMAKER... but what you shall find HERE, is that folks BACK their beliefs with Scripture, as well as REASON... not just surface deductions that any ATHEIST could make... (nothing against atheists)...

One of the things God calls us to, and is predominantly IGNORED by the MAJORITY of Christianity, is REASON -- Isaiah 1:18 -- He would not beckon us to REASON if it were not possible!

It is pretty UNREASONABLE for GOD to bring forth men and women KNOWING BEFOREHAND that they shall FAIL, and then PUNISH them eternally for FAILING...

Think on these 2 questions: 

1.  GOD sent His Son to SAVE the WORLD (He SO LOVED)... did He succeed or fail in this mission?  :JCThink:

2.  What is the ONLY PERFECT (complete) numeric result of that mission?  :Chinscratch:

Jump in here my new friend --  :newb: -- and please feel at HOME... and ASK QUESTIONS!  Then compare the ANSWERS you get from us, to the WORD!  We are ALL on the LEARNING CURVE!

I for one, look forward to your presence here at TM...  :friendstu:

...willieH  :HeartThrob:

Offline Pierac

• Bronze
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 12:13:50 AM »
:welcome:  To the Tent.....  :hihat:

Paul

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 12:34:23 AM »
  welcome synd .. :icon_flower:

may God bless you and shine upon you ...  :HeartThrob:

syn·di·cate  (sĭn'dĭ-kĭt)   
n. 
An association of people or firms authorized to undertake a duty or transact specific business.

An association of people or firms formed to engage in an enterprise or promote a common interest.

A loose affiliation of gangsters in control of organized criminal activities.

An agency that sells articles, features, or photographs for publication in a number of newspapers or periodicals simultaneously.

A company consisting of a number of separate newspapers; a newspaper chain.

The office, position, or jurisdiction of a syndic or body of syndics.

v.   (-kāt') syn·di·cat·ed, syn·di·cat·ing, syn·di·cates

v.   tr.

To organize into or manage as a syndicate.

To sell shares in.

To sell (a comic strip or column, for example) through a syndicate for simultaneous publication in newspapers or periodicals.

To sell (a television series, for example) directly to independent stations.

v.   intr.
To join together in a syndicate.

[French syndicat, from Old French, office of syndic, from Medieval Latin syndicātus, from Late Latin syndicus, syndic; see syndic.]
syn'di·ca'tion n., syn'di·ca'tor n.Origin:
1595–1605; < F < LL syndicus city official < Gk sındikos counsel for defendant, equiv. to syn- syn- + dik- (s. of dik) justice + -os n. suffix
[French, from Old French sindiz, from Late Latin syndicus, from Greek sundikos, public advocate : sun-, syn- + dikē, justice; see deik- in Indo-European roots.]

Offline Andy

• Full
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 01:38:44 AM »
willieH: Hi Syndicated!  :welcome:

Hey all.

You owe it to yourself to INVESTIGATE the teachings of ANYONE... including TENTMAKER... but what you shall find HERE, is that folks BACK their beliefs with Scripture, as well as REASON... not just surface deductions that any ATHEIST could make... (nothing against atheists)...

One of the things God calls us to, and is predominantly IGNORED by the MAJORITY of Christianity, is REASON -- Isaiah 1:18 -- He would not beckon us to REASON if it were not possible!

It is pretty UNREASONABLE for GOD to bring forth men and women KNOWING BEFOREHAND that they shall FAIL, and then PUNISH them eternally for FAILING...

Think on these 2 questions: 

1.  GOD sent His Son to SAVE the WORLD (He SO LOVED)... did He succeed or fail in this mission?  :JCThink:

2.  What is the ONLY PERFECT (complete) numeric result of that mission?  :Chinscratch:

Jump in here my new friend --  :newb: -- and please feel at HOME... and ASK QUESTIONS!  Then compare the ANSWERS you get from us, to the WORD!  We are ALL on the LEARNING CURVE!

I for one, look forward to your presence here at TM...  :friendstu:

...willieH  :HeartThrob:

I like reading your posts, willieH!

Praise God!

And welcome to Syndicated! This place sure has alot of great people to read.  I've been lurking around, but I gotta say,, these people at the Tent are top notch!

Peace and love

Offline peacemaker

• Bronze
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 06:18:31 AM »
We are ALL on the LEARNING CURVE!

Welcome to the Syndicated Series
Many great players under the tent, but don't tell them, it may ruin my standing in the next draft.

peacemaker

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 06:32:10 AM »
Hey all.

Hi there, and welcome.  I also grew up in a very conservative/fundamentalist environment.  I'm at the point to where God has shown me some things from a different perspective, while at the same time, I don't believe everything mainstream teaches is wrong.

For instance, I still do believe each individual has a time when God chooses them, and they are given the faith to believe on Him unto salvation.  (A few references in Romans, Acts, and I Cor. for example - "call on the name of the Lord shall be saved - how can they believe on whom they have not heard? - believe in your heart, confess with your mouth - no man comes unless the Father draws them", etc.).  However, I do believe God will save all, but each in his own order, as again, Paul teaches that all will be reconciled (Colossians 1:20).  I believe Jesus' sacrifice is for all, will save all, but some now, the rest later at the consummation when Jesus hands over all to the Father and God becomes All in All.  But I don't believe scripture teaches the most populary known version of a 'doctrine of inclusion', which Gary addresses in the following article.

Though many members have different understandings of many things, I'm including a link to an article that the site's owner, Gary Amirault wrote (and I see much the same way) that may be helpful to you.  In my opinion, there is much in the article than is indicated by the title, including some very good definitions and points about a Biblically based belief in Ultimate Reconciliation (UR).

http://www.tentmaker.org/articles/pearsons_doctrine_of_inclusion.htm

Enjoy your time here, there are many goodhearted believers on Jesus at the Tent.  Welcome, and share with us as you go.

James.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 07:02:56 AM by jabcat »
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 07:36:27 AM »

Welcome to the family Syndicated.
We will really listen to you :laughing7:

WillieH: slagging atheists again?  :laughing7:
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline willieH

• Read Only
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 01:35:56 AM »
WillieH: slagging atheists again:laughing7:

:laugh:  Apparently you missed the " DE-SLAGGING" -- disclaimer that I noted, WW  :mock: --->

heh-heh  :laughhand:

...willieH  :laughing7:

Offline DeAndra

• Full
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 11:17:44 PM »
Welcome!!