Author Topic: Hi folks...  (Read 1304 times)

HelenLouise

Hi folks...
« on: December 12, 2008, 12:55:29 AM »
Hiya all, I was a member of the forum back in 2006, so dunno if anyone remembers me :)

I'm an eternally doubting Christian Agnostic called Helen.  I'm 25 and from England, and I don't really know what I believe.

Tentmaker (and UR in general) helped me through a really difficult time at university - I'd lost interest in my degree, had no idea where my life was going, oh, and I was terrified of Hell.

Now I cannot really say if I believe in God or not.  I feel like I have 2 world views, my Christian one and my secular one.  The secular one is a great comfort against paranoia but the Christian one gives me hope.  Did I mention I'm a rather odd person?

So much about Christianity doesn't make sense to me, and I admit it seems kind of a shame that losing the fear of damnation may have helped me lose the rest of my faith as I was no longer scared to be a heretic...  I just want some meaning, and I remember how I found everyone here very kind and willing to discuss difficult issues.  Hoping to have some good discussions with you all :)

Offline Taffy

• Gold
Re: Hi folks...
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 01:02:52 AM »
Hiya all, I was a member of the forum back in 2006, so dunno if anyone remembers me :)

I'm an eternally doubting Christian Agnostic called Helen.  I'm 25 and from England, and I don't really know what I believe.

Tentmaker (and UR in general) helped me through a really difficult time at university - I'd lost interest in my degree, had no idea where my life was going, oh, and I was terrified of Hell.

Now I cannot really say if I believe in God or not.  I feel like I have 2 world views, my Christian one and my secular one.  The secular one is a great comfort against paranoia but the Christian one gives me hope.  Did I mention I'm a rather odd person?

So much about Christianity doesn't make sense to me, and I admit it seems kind of a shame that losing the fear of damnation may have helped me lose the rest of my faith as I was no longer scared to be a heretic...  I just want some meaning, and I remember how I found everyone here very kind and willing to discuss difficult issues.  Hoping to have some good discussions with you all :)
Yo Helen
Ya name  rings a Bell, specially when ya Mentioned  your college degree

Im Taffy From Ross on Wye....

Good to see ya Back :icon_flower:

Quite a few of us here rather odd too :icon_flower:, you wont feel left out in the cold for sure :icon_flower:
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 01:09:20 AM »
As Taffy confessed he's a rather odd  :laughing7:
And I rather get even  :laughing7:

Now I cannot really say if I believe in God or not.  I feel like I have 2 world views, my Christian one and my secular one
Could have been my quote...

:newb: :hithere: :welcome:
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 01:17:47 AM »
 :icon_flower:

There sure is something peculiar about me WW :icon_flower:
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 01:17:59 AM »

Hi Helen,

I certainly would like to hear more about your secular view, I think many times religion makes it appear that our views are heretic or secular, when in reality it is only a rejection of religious perception rather than a true denial of God in our lives.    I have seen people go completely to atheism when coming out of a religious perspective.  

Church people would call them back slidden, not saved in the first place, etc etc.  But I have seen time and time again that God was stripping them of the religious notions that would keep them in bondage and only God knows their heart anyway.

Feel free to share.

But anyway, welcome back.

alihaymeg

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 07:39:57 AM »
Welcome!

We all look foreward to talking with you. This is a layed back forum with a bunch of caring people who will accept yo no matter what you believe.