Author Topic: Is "right division" a valid doctrine?  (Read 1262 times)

lsmann2

Is "right division" a valid doctrine?
« on: May 31, 2009, 07:39:52 AM »
Anyone ever heard of rightly dividing the word of truth?

Hairy Tick

Offline peacemaker

• Bronze
Re: Is "right division" a valid doctrine?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 09:14:08 AM »
Divisions in Scripture for example:

Jew and Gentile
Two Resurrections
Law and Grace
Two Natures
Salvation and Rewards
Called and Chosen

Is this what you are referring to, as rightly dividing the Word of Truth?

WELCOME       Peacemaker

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 09:59:17 AM »

Hi and welcome  :thumbsup:

Many things have more than one meaning. So adding to what Peacemaker wrote:

Bible Greek doesn't capitalize the beginnings of sentences, and often there's no space between the words; no punctuation; indirect discourse also uses legei, not merely to introduce quotes
And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in PARADISE
And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee Today, shalt thou be with me in PARADISE
Shift the comma 1 word to the right and the whole meaning gets different.

Another way of dividing the word I learned about recently:
Write down Son in Hebrew
=> Son

Add the letter Yod at the end of the word (son)
Now you have the Hebrew word for My
=> My=Son+Yod

Now add the letter Tav.
=> Covenant=My+Tav

The meaning of the letter Tav is cross (even looks like  a cross being carried)

Now add a little fantasy:

Covenant = Cross of My Son
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 01:33:41 PM by WhiteWings »
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 05:28:59 PM »
 :cloud9: Amen guys.......and I just love that word study you did there in the Hebrew, WW....... :thumbsup:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Livelystone

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 07:18:28 PM »
"Rightly dividing the Word and in accordance with God's laws for determining truth is why Paul became labeled a heretic.

The word "heresy" means "disunion by choice" and referenced the way that Paul removed verses from their context in scripture and lined them with others as "line upon line" to build upon the foundation for who will learn knowledge as spoken of by the Prophet Isaiah in chapter 28. In verses 9-13 he is not repeating himself as in stuttering but in accordance to "precepts" that are laws that call for two or more witnesses in agreement and are part God's way for determining knowledge that is suitable for doctrine as well as for teaching new believers the foundational doctrines of Christ. In addition to that they are the keys necessary to unlock the mysteries of the Kingdom spoken of by the Apostles.

That is why Jesus said those who would teach the law would become great in His Kingdom because without learning the law one's knowledge will become compromised and they will never no for sure whose voice it is that is speaking to them from behind their ear, whether it is God ..............or is it Satan?

Paul warned us that those ministering spirits whom are from Satan are transformed to appear as righteous thoughts and words of wisdom from on high when in fact they are from the father of all lies.......... that is how and why God's chosen ones have been led so far away prophesied in the temple of Solomon that once filled with the glory of God but in the end was destroyed with the vessels of the temple "taken away into captivity"........ consequently when they finally did "come out of Babylon", the first thing they did was learn the law that can be read about in the Book of Nehemiah.

If God's chosen will take the time to study the law they will learn to rightly divide the word so  that their captivity too will be broken and the glory of God will come upon them just as it did the Apostles who were a prophecy of a ministry yet to come.

Blessings

Doug

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 11:30:35 PM »
 :cloud9: AMEN Doug.....it was not a coincidence that HE started speaking and teaching me out of the OT FIRST, before I had ever had time to read the book even. The OT points to the NT, the NT points to the OT, ie. a wise man brings out of his house, things both OLD AND NEW. Blessings....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 09:11:15 AM »
I think one thing it means is that we're not to twist scripture to make it mean things we want it to mean, or that fits our own pet doctrines;  myself included.  I've probably ever known very few who didn't do that to at least some degree;  probably usually out of ignorance/simply being veiled.  Probably one reason we shouldn't become contentious on very many matters.

Reference 30,000 denominations, and then perhaps a few hundred thousand different "we don't believe in denominations, but we've still got our own little peculiar belief systems".   

Goodness.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 09:18:38 AM by jabcat »

lsmann2

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 09:20:38 AM »
I can see from the responses that many here believe that Paul was telling us to "rightly divide the Word of truth". I saw a response that indicated two resurrections. When I look at 1st Corinthians 15: 23-28, I see Paul revealing to us three resurrections. The two that are mentioned in the "Gospels", (the just and the unjust), & then I see the Body of Christ, (us today), who will be "snatched away", before Christ sets foot back on earth. (see 1stThes. 4).
The other two ressurections are thoroughly discussed by John & Daniel. I see the Apostle Paul introducing us to "The Body of Christ", which seems to be separate from the "Bride" all together.
Please share your thoughts...

Lee "The Hairy Tick"

SPOKENFOR

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 10:22:13 AM »
I believe in three resurrections as well...and Welcome..though you seem to have many posts already..Welcome... :bigGrin: :bigGrin: