Author Topic: Hello to all of you beautiful people ....  (Read 1203 times)

HopeJoy

Hello to all of you beautiful people ....
« on: June 13, 2010, 10:51:41 PM »
I feel like I have lived under a rock, I have never heard of a ministry who taught the Love of God. I have been taught that God is love, but also that God was also a great punisher and would send me to hell, if I didn't measure up. It has been a very confusing part of my path in life, that I have struggled from my teens to understand. 

Intuitively, I never believed that. Over the years I have had many questions regarding the Love of God, that I took to others. It most instantly turned into a heated debate over my questioning.  I just couldn't buy that God would pick and choose who He loved and who He decided there was no hope for. Love is love is love. 

I actually found this forum, from another forum, I have been reading and sent a message to one of the members there, who referred me to this website.

I was so very impressed by the people (on the other forum)  who share that God is Love. I am so very  impressed by the usage of not just reading words, but going back, as far as you could go, to the original translations and understanding that words changed when they go from one language to another. Understand the the meaning of each word, as much as possible.

I was very fortunate in my life, that when I was in my early 20's (over 20 years ago) I ran across someone in my life who pointed out why we needed to research, research and research. How important that is to our Faith, to know the Truth of the Word. Unfortunately, I have let that research go by the wayside in my walk because I have never been around like minded people and have just become discouraged as being the only one.

I am just at the very beginning of my journey now. 
I cannot tell you how very thankful I am to have found you all.  :HeartThrob:

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Re: Hello to all of you beautiful people ....
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 11:17:22 PM »
Hi HopeJoy,

Better change your name into FactJoy  :laughing7:
My guess is that some people on those other forums are also on this one.
If you are a reader (that wants proof) look here and especially here.
Or here for a list of UR related websites.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

richardinparadise

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 11:40:43 PM »
Welcome aboard.  :bgdance:  What was the other site you mentioned?

HopeJoy

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 12:01:24 AM »
Whitewings: thank you for those additional websites. I have a lot of reading to do. 

richardinparadise: The webiste is CD. I read a lot of great things from there.

Thank you for your welcome.

Is there a place (and it may be in one of the sites above) that you can find people of like mind in the area where I live?

HopeJoy

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 12:24:44 AM »
I want to make a correction when I said in my first post,  "truth of the word" ........ to "truth of the scripture that I was reading".

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 02:03:13 AM »
Is there a place (and it may be in one of the sites above) that you can find people of like mind in the area where I live?
This is the house2house page to locate "home churches" in your area.  While not exactly gathering around what your think you're asking for, a pro-UR group, in my experience they probably are anyway and, if they're not (yet,) they're usually knowing Christ and are open and loving enough to not make that difference a basis for approval or diapproval.

http://site.house2house.com/get-connected/directory
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 07:23:51 AM »
I want to make a correction when I said in my first post,  "truth of the word" ........ to "truth of the scripture that I was reading".
Goto your (first) post.
Near the far right of your name you find a button called "Modify"
Click it and you can alter your post.
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 07:59:36 AM »
 :cloud9: Welcome......there's also a thread on here on, that our members did, saying where they are from. There might be someone in your area. Enjoy the site. Blessings... :thumbsup:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 08:40:21 AM »
:cloud9: Welcome......there's also a thread on here on, that our members did, saying where they are from. There might be someone in your area. Enjoy the site. Blessings... :thumbsup:

http://www.tentmaker.org/forum/index.php?topic=2.0

HopeJoy

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 11:05:07 PM »
Thank you for the info, you guys are great!  ..... Thank you for showing me how to modify my post. :HeartThrob:

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 06:29:19 AM »
I'm late to the party, but Welcome friend!  :flowerred: