Author Topic: Hello From Troy!  (Read 1801 times)

gijane02

Hello From Troy!
« on: December 02, 2007, 03:19:12 AM »
Hello everyone! My name is Sireeta. I curently reside in Troy, Alabama with my dear hubby and my daughter who will be a year old this month. I am a stay at home mom and I just started my own home business, for which I am waiting patiently to grow. I have so many thoughts lately about everything in my walk with Christ since coming to this page, and it is exhilirating, exciting, yet kinda scary. I do not want to be decieved, yet I have been decieved as well by traditions, and laws disguised as the way I should be walking with the Lord. I came upon this website after watching a documentary called Exalted that featured Carlton Pearson talking about what he called the doctrine of inclusion. I recalled reading about when the whole incident went down when he lost his chrurch, how he was a heretic. I didn't really know what happened though, I wasn't really paying attention to it. I decided after watching the show to find out what Universalism was. The first article I found was from tentmaker.org which was an interview with Carlton Pearson. I'll just say that I have been doing all of my morning Bible studies on this site since then, I feel like I have taken the red pill like I'm Neo in the Matrix! I'm beginning to believe. This is a lot of info to read and I just pray for understanding more and more. I will say that I have been freed from the chains of guilt and condemnation on tithing. Hallelujiah! God bless y'all!

Offline dboutwell

• Snr
    • Scared Of Hell,com
Re: Hello From Troy!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 03:38:00 AM »
 Hi Sireeta,

I drove over to Troy, AL a couple of years ago to hear Carlton Pearson. He spoke in a small church over there..can't remember the name of it though and don't remember if the church as a whole, embraces Christian Universalism.

Anyway, I hope you continue to find freedom and nothing less than child-like excitement over just how good God is and how He has planned good for His creation... including judgment and discipline, as any good parent would.

Welcome  :grin:

Debbie
Blessings :)

Debbie

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 03:45:03 AM »
 :cloud9: PTL, that's wonderful.......welcome to our little corner of heaven....... :dsunny: :angel5: :hithere: :egyptdance: :grouppray: :angelharp: :violin: :banana: :trampoline: .....we're all different, but we're all friendly.......be blessed in your search for Truth...... :HeartThrob:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline firstborn888

• Bronze
  • Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 05:13:12 AM »
I feel like I have taken the red pill
Welcome. I was just thinking about those pills today, and even after Morpheus proved the truth to Neo he was still saying "I don't believe it - I don't believe it!"

I'm scared too, not about the truth but about walking away from my 20 year church job over this, with no other employment in sight :mshock:

Now I'm looking forward to offering the red pill to whosover will...

blessings,
    Byron

Offline Pierac

• Bronze
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 06:24:24 AM »
Hi  :hihat:

:welcome: to Tentmaker  :HeartThrob:

Paul

Offline 97531

• Restricted
  • Truth is Freedom
    • Father's Love Forum
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 10:32:05 AM »
Hi Jane

:welcome: to tentmaker.

Amazing how much truth we find sometimes in secular media.

Be Blessed here
My Blog       Father's Love Forum - New
IHWLAMAHOB
Christian Milkshake: Pressed down, shaken together and more than we can hope for

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 01:37:30 PM »
I feel like I have taken the red pill
Welcome. I was just thinking about those pills today, and even after Morpheus proved the truth to Neo he was still saying "I don't believe it - I don't believe it!"

I'm scared too, not about the truth but about walking away from my 20 year church job over this, with no other employment in sight :mshock:

Now I'm looking forward to offering the red pill to whosover will...   blessings,
    Byron

:cloud9: I hear you Byron, I'm in a similar situation.......I'm at peace now, but the world would say that's because I don't have a firm grasp on the reality of the situation, LOL......Blessings to you........ :thumbsup:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline hopeful

• Bronze
  • He was there!
    • To Know Him More
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 01:56:26 PM »
Welcome Sireeta!   :girlheart:
Richest blessings upon you as you love your husband and little girl!

:dsunny:
Hopeful/Holly
You're welcome to visit http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/

gijane02

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 03:56:35 PM »
 :girlheart:

Thanks for the love everyone! I'm struggling this morning everyone, on whether I shoud go to church or not, again  :sigh:. I honestly would still rather do my studies on this site again!  :Book: Just a few months ago I would be feeling guilty about missing church, but I don't feel that way. I am seeking understanding in The Word, not watching the football game or hanging at the mall. I don't want to be a church hopper either, but as I start to embrace UR as a get more understanding from God how should I respond to churches that still preach Hell, and tithing?  :dontknow:

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2007, 04:13:52 PM »
 :cloud9: Hi; everyone's experience here is different. There's no right or wrong answer to that. What's right is what His perfect will is for you AT THIS MOMENT.

As for me, He had me going to the churches for about 3 years total, before He pulled me out of them, and I already knew things were not as they said. I went to worship with other believers but never actually joined a church because He wouldn't let me. Eventually, the truth that was in me keep "leaking" out in social gatherings and I got the left foot of fellowship for being a heretic, basically.

Finally one day, after the pastor of the current fellowship kept going on and on about something I knew was a lie, I said to the Lord, "Oh LORD! WHERE can I go to be fed?" Not expecting an answer, but plain as day, I heard......."On the mountaintop." I looked it up, it's in Isaiah......and that's when I left. Eventually, He led me to others that were seeking His face, not a religion. He makes us to be arrows in His quiver. Hello, :HeartThrob: arrow! Welcome again.......

Offline hopeful

• Bronze
  • He was there!
    • To Know Him More
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2007, 04:17:14 PM »
:cloud9: Hi; everyone's experience here is different. There's no right or wrong answer to that. What's right is what His perfect will is for you AT THIS MOMENT.

Good answer, Cardinal!
You're welcome to visit http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2007, 05:13:43 PM »
Hi and Welcome..    :icon_flower:      Sireeta    :icon_flower:

Blessings
Taffy
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.