Author Topic: hello from Reb  (Read 2403 times)

Offline Reb

• Reg
hello from Reb
« on: December 26, 2008, 03:37:38 PM »
Greetings,
       I am REB. I used to post here years ago. Just wanted to re-register and see how things are going with you all. The blessings of the Lord upon you!

Online jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Re: hello from Reb
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 03:45:01 PM »
Man, it shows that I work in behavioral health.  I thought your title said "hello from rehab"  :happy3:.  Anyway, hello, welcome, and I'm glad you're no longer in rehab  :laughing7:.  God's blessing, James.

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 03:45:23 PM »
Welcome back.

Offline Reb

• Reg
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 04:31:02 PM »
Greetings Folks,
     Thanks for the kind welcome.
Jabcat said-

I'm glad you're no longer in rehab 

As you know, we are all in a sort of "rehab" in Christ :laughing7: At least, I am. By His wonderful grace, I get a little healthier all the time! Old things passing away, eh? May His love bless your day.
REB

Online jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 04:34:50 PM »
Yep, I thought of that, but it made a better story if you had been discharged from treatment...but I know better  :wink1:

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 04:46:49 PM »
Hi Reb :icon_flower:

Welcome :icon_flower:
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline CHB

• Silver
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2008, 12:53:57 AM »

Hi Reb,

Good to see you again. It's been a long time since I had the pleasure of reading your post. look forward to reading them once again.

CHB

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008, 08:00:28 AM »

Howdy Bro Reb ,
  good to see you in these here parts again ~!  :thumbsup:    love ya bro  :HeartThrob:

alihaymeg

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2008, 08:07:50 AM »
Were ya from Reb?

Welcome!

Offline Reb

• Reg
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2008, 01:30:40 PM »
Again, thank you all for your kind greetings.
I live in West Virginia and have lived here my whole life, 53 years. I have never hunted, never liked fishing that much and have never white watered, which, if you know anything about WV, makes me a bit odd....I've always felt I might have been born in the wrong state, but, trust the Lord with that :laughing7: I live in northern WV close to the university, Ohio and Pennsylvania, so, our area is more influenced by those things. We actually wear shoes most of the time and aren't into the inbredding thing :grin: We are domesticated hillbillies here. Ha! Ha! Isn't the Lord good to us?!
REB

alihaymeg

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2008, 02:47:24 PM »
That's funny, I wear my shoes only when I have to. You sound a lot like a guy I've known all my life. I knew as soon as I saw your first post that it was you.

What's up Dad?

I thought you would probably be checking out this forum again soon. Especially after I mentioned it the other day. Now you will be able to tell where I'm posting. I guess I better be on my best behavior now.
Love ya!

pneuma

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2008, 08:06:31 PM »
Hi ya Reb, good to see you back :thumbsup:

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2008, 08:20:48 PM »
wow Reb  is your dad alihaymeg?
  cool ! I know him from another forum as well as the past forums KT and  TM !

alihaymeg

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2008, 11:44:19 PM »
Yep! I'd know that sense of humor anywhere.

My Dad really knows what it means to walk in love. I don't know where either of us would be without the other's support right now. There are not many shoulders to lean on when you start to understand the message of UR. We strengthen each other through conversation. That is true fellowship and communion with another human soul. We don't need a building or a budget. We just need each other and the presence of the Holy Spirit.

One other thing I want to mention in passing is accountability. I find it a source of strength to share my failures as well as my successes with him. That extra accountability helps me to stay focused and not fall so easily. It also gives him a chance to understand my struggles and help me to vocalize them. You can do it alone, but it is much easier with some real support.

Love ya Dad! and I love all of you as well. God bless and keep you.

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2008, 01:56:10 AM »

That is the  sweetest Thing ! 
wow , I so loved this message alihaymeg! , Reb is a good guy  as long as I havce known him ! , Christ centered ..  lots of storys  of  work lol   :laughing7:  the Spirit cn inspire in the strangest places eh?
 I also have kept the wisdom of my dad in my heart , he passed over 2 years ago and I miss him  still ..
 love you all   as well .. rose  :HeartThrob:

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2008, 02:19:29 AM »
Ah...Reb and Ali..

Does ya Dad really have BIG eyes.?.If I recall His avatar was ONE...big googly Eyes..yes?..and a Whiff?
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

alihaymeg

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2008, 02:26:44 AM »
His eyes don't bug out as much since rehab.  :laughing7:
Just kidding Dad. Wow! I'm guna' pay for that one. :Oops:

alihaymeg

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2008, 02:34:40 AM »
It seems I have made a grievous error. REB, my oppologies for claiming you as my father. I just talked to my Dad and he said that this must be someone else.

That's what happens when you assume.

So, there must be another man of 53 years who doesn't hunt, or fish, or white water raft in this general vecinity.

We are on the border of Ohio and West Virginia in a town called Parkersburg. Is that anywhere near you REB?

Again, my oppologies for the misidentification.
May God's love abound in you.

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2008, 02:43:04 AM »
His eyes don't bug out as much since rehab.  :laughing7:
Just kidding Dad. Wow! I'm guna' pay for that one. :Oops:
ya In for a whopping.... :laughing7:

alihaymeg

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2008, 07:11:04 AM »
I'm always in trouble!

Offline Reb

• Reg
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2008, 01:56:41 PM »
Wow! I've only been back here on this board less than 48 hours and I already gained a child and then lost it without lifting a finger. :grin: The Lord moves in mysterious ways. Ha! Ha!
Alihaymeg, God bless you! The mistake you made could happen to anyone. Don't think twice about it.
I'm kind of having mixed feelings......With another child, I would have had one more possibility of someone to move in with in my old age....Of course, that goes both ways. You could have been someone else I would have some financial and emotional responsibility for :laughing7:
I know Parkersburg well. A very nice town. I live about 90 minutes away from there.
Again, God bless you, friend. What you did could happen to anyone. Some very wonderful people here I can see already. Some from the past and some new.
REB

Keith

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2008, 05:15:44 PM »
Wow! I've only been back here on this board less than 48 hours and I already gained a child and then lost it without lifting a finger.

Hey Reb,

You can adopt him/her, and make it official!

At least with cyber adoption, it is a lot less hassle!

Keith.

alihaymeg

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2008, 05:26:09 AM »
I'm not sure you can adopt a 38 year old adult, but you can never have enough family. We are all family as far as I am concerned. God bless you all; my brothers and sisters.

Mark Christopher

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2008, 09:01:47 AM »
Nice to meet you Reb!