Author Topic: Hello from Perth  (Read 1192 times)

Offline craggs

• Reg
Hello from Perth
« on: August 24, 2012, 02:01:06 AM »
Hi everyone, my name's Rob, and I live in Perth West Australia.  I first heard the term 'universal Salvation' about 15 yrs ago, and dismissed it as pure wishful thinking.  I'm still not sure about it; but it makes more sense to me now.  Having said that, my issue was never with 'the doctrine of 'Hell' as such, as I had always believed that the doctrine of 'Annihilation' stood on firmer ground.  Anyway, I've pressed my 'reset' button and am here to see if I can really learn something.
Cheers
Rob

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Re: Hello from Perth
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 02:36:15 AM »
Hi and welcome Bob.

You made a good choice pressing the reset button.
For me it represents and open mind, a willingness to learn.
It's that exactly what we are told to do? (study theyself approved)
Study is more than just repeating the last sermon 'you' heared.

Why exactly are you here?
A little voice inside that kept speaking about the UR message you heared 15 years ago?
Have you already found the free articles/books on the main site?
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline redhotmagma

• Bronze
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 04:12:59 AM »
 :hithere: :welcome:

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 04:20:17 AM »
Welcome Rob! You're in a good place if you want to learn what "UR" is all about. :) Be blessed here. :)
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline craggs

• Reg
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 05:53:39 PM »
Thank you for your warm welcome.  "Why am I here?"  Well a friend of mine loaned me the book 'Love Wins'. by Rob Bell and that led me into a google search on the Greek word Aionios, which led me to Tentmaker.  So does 'UR' stand for?  Yes, I've started on the articles, and as I come across difficulties, I'll post them for comments etc.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 06:50:33 PM »
Just post your questions Rob.
Most things are easy to answer.
Other things are less easy.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Ross

• Est
  • Gal2;20
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 07:02:09 PM »
Hi Rob;
I am a Gozzie man.
UR answers many questions that the church could not.
Blessed are they who hunger and thirst after righteousness for they will be filled.
Fellow brother in Christ

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 09:31:45 PM »
UR = Universal Reconciliation

Offline Rhodes

• Full
    • JESUS SAVIOR OF ALL
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2012, 11:15:51 AM »
Thanks for the greetings. Yes, I probably joined in January this year as I had my eyes opened in December 2011 to the truth of His love for me. Previous to that I went through a long period of searching and giving up, searching and giving up, even despaired of life, almost di the job on myself a few times..ugly dark times! The the light broke through at my darkest moment. I read an article by Daniel Yordy called "Must we repent of Augustine?" http://www.dyordy.com/Kingdom/9.MustWeRepentofAugustine.html
I knew very little of the man. But God had been preparing me before I read that. I had come to the place (again)where I recognised that I must have tares planted in my field, lies(snakes) in the grass.
I asked God to expose them and remove them. I asked Him why His love did not seem to be doing much in me and all this anger and self hatred.
First thing he did was bring me to the place of confessing some stuff to my wife. Conscience clear, phew!
Then about 3 days later I was reminded of a Preston Eby article I read about 12 months previous to this. I had seen that he seemed to be saying that Hell is not what the church says and eternity and all that. I had put it away, thinking the guy is a heretic!
So having been reminded by the Spirit I looked his site up - http://www.kingdombiblestudies.org/savior/SOW1.htm
and read it all from scratch! It is about 450 A4 pages long!
Then I read Hope beyond Hell and heaps of articles abd books on here.
The stumbling stones were taken out of my heart, the path was clear. God's love poured forth and we were so amazed by Him.

Offline craggs

• Reg
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 12:06:49 AM »
Thanks for sharing that Rhodes.  What you shared just shows how real you are!!  And I will check out those links.   Cheers, Rob

Offline Rhodes

• Full
    • JESUS SAVIOR OF ALL
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 12:18:01 AM »
 :gthumbsup:How does that 90's song go? "Life's too short to play silly games..." and yet we cannot speed anything up , especially this business of maturity and having our eyes opened up. I get impatient, but He is always doing a good job of bringing us to the next narrow gate.

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 01:30:09 AM »
WOW Rhodes, that completely summed up my time with God this morning! I keep begging for more light and I get impatient too, but His timing is always perfect and I know He's teaching me patience. Lol I chuckled and said to Him this morning, I guess there's only one way to learn patience, eh Lord? I often just wish He would show me everything NOW and free me from everything NOW but obviously that's not the Way. (Good thing He knows what He's doing lol!)