Author Topic: hello from LadyPan  (Read 1833 times)

LadyPan

hello from LadyPan
« on: November 07, 2007, 07:30:35 PM »
Well, looks like this is the place to introduce ourselves... so here I go... a little about myself... 

I can first be thankful that my childhood wasn't a religious one... I was told about God by my grandmother, but not made to go to any church by my parents... Mother had had the crap scared out of her as a child by ET and had decided she would never put her kids through that... better to be ignorant than in constant fear...

I had a few visits to the Catholic church by way of an aunt that babysat me... Even as a child I knew there was something very wrong with that way of things... Maybe it was just that this aunt would be screaming and cussing right up to the door... but while inside the building a quiet kind woman... HA!... I could see even then what a hypocrite was, though I didn't have the vocabulary to express it... As I grew I instinctively knew that no MAN was needed to "talk" with God... I couldn't see any good reason for infants to be baptized... I couldn't understand why they prayed to Mary... and those were just a few of the, what I thought should be obvious, reasons to disagree with that denomination of Christianity...

I have always been spiritual... extremely so!... but time after time I was turned off by this denomination or that... each time I thought I might have found a group that believed as I did, something would show itself and off I would go... usually the "we're right and everyone else is wrong" idea... I even looked into 7th Day Adventist... they had sent me to a verse in Romans 12 as proof of something or another I don't recall now... and Thanks to God I continued reading into chapter 14... they had no answers for my questions about that chapter, and again I was gone... I've looked into SO many different denominations and religions it's crazy!... Each one would eventually show a God that wasn't MY God  :HeartThrob:... I have hunted for nearly 37 yrs. for a place to call home...

Well... Lucy! I'm HOME!!!!   :bgdance:
and that is something I am so thankful for it brings tears everytime I think about it!.. It took no convincing on the part of any man to bring me to the God of UR... I was ALREADY HERE... by God alone was I brought to this way of belief... and am so extremely happy to know there are others that believe as I do... even better, is to see that MY God is the God of Christ!!! Love of the Father... more loving than any human parent can be... Praise Him and Thank Him!!!

I've been devouring the scriptures as never before in the last few months, now that I've found others that see God as I always have... I had nearly given up on the Bible and anything having to do with it... So you will all have to forgive me if I ask a lot of questions, but I'm really just learning about the scriptures, until now I have lived on The Spirit alone...

Offline 97531

• Restricted
  • Truth is Freedom
    • Father's Love Forum
Re: hello from LadyPan
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 07:54:38 PM »
Hi LadyPan

:welcome: to the house of cracked pots, that BTW, is a compliment.

Having lived just by the Spirit is a good thing, sure you will be able to relate to Father's Love.

Ask away sister, we are here to help in any way we can

Be Blessed.
My Blog       Father's Love Forum - New
IHWLAMAHOB
Christian Milkshake: Pressed down, shaken together and more than we can hope for

Offline hopeful

• Bronze
  • He was there!
    • To Know Him More
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 10:49:17 PM »
Hey, Lady!   :girlheart:
Glad you're here.
You're welcome to visit http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/

Michele

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 11:04:03 PM »
Hey there LP.......glad you're here!  :cloud9:

Thanks for sharing some about your religous journey..........sounds like you've been quite the seeker.

........and now you're here. :bigGrin:  Please ask lots of questions......that's what keeps us learning.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 11:13:34 PM »
 :cloud9: :thumbsup: :angelharp: :violin: :welcome: :newb: :Peace: :skittles: :banana: :friendstu: Hey, us "angels" are rejoicing.......another one made it in by the water AND the Spirit! Blessings to you........
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Loveroftruth

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 01:12:43 AM »
 :welcome: :newb: :dsunny:

Offline Pierac

• Bronze
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 06:48:02 AM »
Hi LadyPan    :hihat:

:welcome:

Paul

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 10:48:26 AM »
 :icon_flower: :icon_flower: :icon_flower:

Welcome LP and thanks for sharing with us. :icon_flower:

Blessings
Taffy
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline dboutwell

• Snr
    • Scared Of Hell,com
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2007, 06:30:25 AM »
Welcome Lady Pan :grin:
Blessings :)

Debbie

Yahschild

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2007, 06:35:48 AM »
Nice to have you here! Many interesting topics to discuss on the forum!

LadyPan

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2007, 06:50:41 AM »
Thanks so much for the warm welcome everyone!
I'm VERY glad to be here... there is NOTHING like finding your place, especially after looking for so long!...  :bgdance:

Hennessey

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2007, 10:48:46 AM »
Wow! What can I say but that you have a most magnificent testimony and I would love to be able to post it in one of my blogs sometime.

Welcome sister!

Jack

LadyPan

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2007, 05:32:32 AM »
Wow! What can I say but that you have a most magnificent testimony and I would love to be able to post it in one of my blogs sometime.

Welcome sister!

Jack

Geez, thanks.... and that's the "short" version too!...  :happygrin:
You can use it if you'd like... no problem... I'm just so glad to be here I can't even begin to explain it!!!   :cloud9: