Author Topic: Hello from Kentucky  (Read 762 times)

Offline shawn

• Bronze
Hello from Kentucky
« on: June 20, 2010, 08:41:35 AM »
Hello, my name is Shawn.  I grew up as a Nazarene, taught hell fire damnation and have been bothered by this teaching for many years.  I have heard many of the UR arguments and have found them very strong.  I have tried to discuss this for learning on typical Christian message boards and have met great resistance.  I need to learn.  I'm hoping I can do so here.  It's good to be here.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
Re: Hello from Kentucky
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 08:50:48 AM »
 :cloud9: I have a feeling the term "great resistance" might be an understatement.  :winkgrin:

That's why we're here.....resting in Him, searching like the Bereans. Join us and welcome..... :thumbsup:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 10:32:18 AM »
 :welcome: Shawn  :hithere:

I've seen those discussion boards. Often a lot of views can be discussed in a polite manner.
But when the term "salvation of all" is used then suddenly some snaps in their heads and the mud fight starts.
Such place a greta to blow of some steam but not for education. IMO

http://www.tentmaker.org/ScholarsCorner.html
http://www.tentmaker.org/
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline shawn

• Bronze
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 11:23:27 PM »
:cloud9: I have a feeling the term "great resistance" might be an understatement.  :winkgrin:

That's why we're here.....resting in Him, searching like the Bereans. Join us and welcome..... :thumbsup:

lol...yeah I have been called a heretic, someone worse than a satanist etc and so on.  Funny thing...I don't even consider myself a UR guy.  I am here to learn.  I came to some knowledge through Martin Zender on UR stances.  I brought up some points for discussion.  I thought it was interesting and the points were very strong.  I am open and willing to receive whatever truth God wants to give me.

I was PM'd on that site and told the moderators were watching me...accused of conspiring with a UR guy on their board and other very paranoid language.  I was a bit shocked at the resistance to be honest.

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 12:45:45 AM »
I just want to say this one thing hell..............o!

welcome to the forum

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 01:20:29 AM »
 :cloud9: I'm close to you, as a Hoosier.....there's a thread on here to post where you are from. You might find some other Kentuckians are on here.....Blessings...
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Novus-Ordo-Seclorum7

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 02:33:27 AM »
 :icon_flower:
Glad your here

Offline willieH

• Read Only
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 02:39:58 AM »
willieH: Hi shawn...  :hithere: ...Welcome to Tentmaker!

Pitch your "tent" & stay a while!  :laughing7:

Hello, my name is Shawn.  I grew up as a Nazarene, taught hell fire damnation and have been bothered by this teaching for many years.  I have heard many of the UR arguments and have found them very strong.  I have tried to discuss this for learning on typical Christian message boards and have met great resistance.  I need to learn.  I'm hoping I can do so here.  It's good to be here.

:welcome: New brother...

Hope you enjoy your time here... Ask questions, and many here will give you very inspired and educational answers which RHYME with REASON...  :thumbsup:

:Peace:

...willieH  :cloud9:

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 07:40:55 AM »
Hello, my name is Shawn.  I grew up as a Nazarene, taught hell fire damnation
I always wondered about the meaning of KFC. Now I know.... :winkgrin:
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

bea

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 08:15:37 AM »
Hi Shawn. I'm in KY too  :bigGrin: I think there's at least one other Kentuckian that posts regularly. I don't post much but I visit a lot.

I love love love Martin Zender.  :HeartThrob: