Author Topic: hello from germany  (Read 1820 times)

Offline sven

hello from germany
« on: November 25, 2008, 09:37:05 PM »
hello, im from germany, i read the german version of the concordant literal testament, i believe the restitution of all things is what the Bible teaches, my parents are typical fundamentalistic evangelicalists and the teaching of hell troubled me a lot when i was younger, excuse my maybe bad english, im not really a christian, i prefer jewish monotheism, but if its true - and i hope so, i hope i will become a christian aswell.
for me its important to talk with christians to get to know their faith and what they believe personally.

i hope i am welcome here, maybe i tell u the story of my live and why i studied the bible so much.

Offline Nathan

• Gold
Re: hello from germany
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 09:53:10 PM »
Welcome to  the rainbow of life my friend!  Everyone here have come here through the blood of Christ . . .simply by acknowledging he is "The" Way, Truth, and Life.  On these boards there are many differnent colors of personalities and perspectives, but all together, they become a coat of many colors that covers all of our differences through the grace and mercy of this same Jesus that we all come to love and adore.  It is our desire to find this common thread of Christ in each other as we experience the process of becoming one body in Him.  And even in saying that much, I'd also like to make it clear that there's no end to learning more about Him and what we "do" understand, has come only by the Father revealing the Son to our hearts.  We're all just kids at this . . .no matter how old we are.

Welcome to our playground.

martincisneros

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 09:55:25 PM »
i hope i am welcome here
:hithere: Of course, you are welcome here. :welcome: to Tentmaker.  Thanks for joining the forum.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 09:59:30 PM »
Hi Sven,

A rainy welcome from the your little neighbour in the west  :laughing7:

Welcome to  the rainbow of life my friend!  Everyone here have come here through the blood of Christ . . .simply by acknowledging he is "The" Way, Truth, and Life.  On these boards there are many differnent colors of personalities...

With one little remark.... :laughing7:
The color red here stand stand for the blood/love of Christ not of the BBQ :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 10:06:38 PM by WhiteWings »
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline sven

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 10:36:21 PM »
thanks for the welcome

maybe i tell a little about me, i was raised up in a christian family, i never was really christian but i believed there is a God, ive never read in the bible in these time, the only story i remembered was the rich man who went to "hell" (scheol/hades), my parents are wealthy also and that troubled me, i felt sorry for this man (i know the meaning now of the parable). my parents told me a lot of stories about demons and satanism, i thing this belief is in the US much stronger than in germany. later i lost my belief, but all what I was told about Jesus, i never really thougt that the bible teaches hell, i didnt know at that time how common this belief is in christianity. later i met a girl over the internet, i really got to love her, she had a very bad youth, she took place at a black mess at the age of 14 and had terrible nightmares - she was a gothic, then i became afraid she would go to hell, i couldnt bear that, than i "studied" about religions, zarathustrism, then i almost become muslim, it might sound strange, but i didnt believe in muslim hell when reading koran, only christian hell troubled me, then in a forum about religion I met a Jehova Witness, at that time i already knew what gehenna was, but i wasnt shure if annihalitionism is really true, the Jehova Witnesses helped me to loose the fear of hell, i didnt fear to go to hell by myself but the girl i loved, but i didnt really believe the JW, than i found this page:

http://www.weltmanager.de/worldmanager/index.htm

when first reading, i was glad they share the opinion of the JW, but what they really teach i realisized only late, ive never heard of universalism before but revelation 21-22 and corinthians 15, when i saw, i looked in every bible and was sure corinthians goes beyond the revelation, i asked my parents to buy me a concordant literal NT, i read it and looked in other bibles, i looked in the latin vulgate - which is a better translation than common bibles in my eyes, i learned myself to at least read a little bit of greek and read in the textus receptus, the septuagint many of places of aion. but the picture of Jesus that was told to me, is to "bad" to really believe it is true at the moment, not the picture of God but the picture of Jesus, i well know that the hebrew bible teaches no hell and that the dead rest in peace, so Jesus scared me long time and im still a little in favour for judaism/bnei noach.

then i registrated in a forum of Ex - Jehova Witnesses, this are really friendly people, if they didnt lost their faith in general, they dont believe in hell but annihilitionism (some tend to universalism) and have no confidence in the churches but are really christians, i know many believe the JW not to be christians, but what me troubles is the fact that many christians are so full of hate and anger and so merciless that they care nothing about the fate of the unbelievers, how can that be?, but often its just because a lack of knowledge why they believe in hell.

my mother reads a bible for allmost 40 years who teaches universalims in the footnotes (german Bruns Bible) but she never recognized it, i cant unterstand that.

i quess many of you made similar experiences. but why can christians be so full of hate and unmerciless?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 10:40:19 PM by sven »

HappyBoy!

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 04:32:45 AM »
Glad you are here, Sven.  May you be richly rewarded in your search.

:welcome:

Offline sven

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 07:07:43 PM »
can you tell me, what i must to do, to be able to post in other areas?

i think i have some good arguments, but maybe they are allready known

sry i think i missunderstand something, but i try to bring in some good arguments

« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 07:10:30 PM by sven »

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 08:10:24 PM »
Sven,

If it was allowed to only post once on a certain view then this board would be... well... dead :laughing7:
Same things keep popping up.
But I think your vulgate post is something new  :thumbsup:
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 11:13:22 PM »
Welcome sven.

Offline sven

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2008, 08:58:44 PM »
thanks for the welcomes, for me is always interesting how people come to their belief, did you believe in hell in earlier days and how did it come, that u believe in universalism now? did u find out when reading on your own, even in "hell teaching" bibles?

as i am from germany, i found out english translations have one advantage and one disadvantage against german bibles.

the advantage is that english bibles speak more for annihalitionism on some places than german bibles do, eg. destroy body and soul in gehenna, while in german its "spoil or rotten?" body and soul in gehenna

the disadvantage against german translation is, that in german bibles there is eternity in the plural so you might come to the belief punishment is not forever and ever but only "eternal", yes in german "ewig" (eternal) doesnt necesserely mean endless, ive read there is a connection between the greek aion, the gothic aiws, and the german word "ewig", which seems to meant in earlier days not endless,
maybe even in luthers days it hadnt this meaning yet.
also in german there would be a great difference between "eternal" and "everlasting", while an eternal punishment could be over, but its consequences be eternal (eg. eternal death), an everlasting punishment would last forever and have no end.
so great disadvantage for english bible readers.

its quite interesting, for me, how you came to this believe even when the bible seems to speak totally against it on the first view.

Offline fullarmor2

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 06:38:21 AM »
    Welcome to the forum!     Also,   I use to live in Germany back in the early 90's.   For about a year and a half  I lived in Zirndorf.     Also I would go over to Nurnberg for a visit sometimes.  Now I live in Illinois.   A few months ago I met a foreign exchange student from Germany at my table tennis club.   He was a good table tennis player!   
For all those who live in the shadow of death,  a glorious light has dawned!  And for all those who stumble in the darkness,   behold,   your light has come!!