Author Topic: hello from (Werner)  (Read 1481 times)

Werner

hello from (Werner)
« on: November 19, 2009, 04:25:20 AM »
Am new to this forum. I am a Christian seeker that just stopped my RCIA (Right of Christian Initiation for Adults in Catholicism) classes because of serious problems with the teachings of Hell.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Re: hello from (Werner)
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 05:02:59 AM »
I support your decision.  Seek the Lord in the scriptures, through prayer, ask for His infilling and to lead you - not men's traditions and rules.  You'll find much good information here, but still, sort through it all prayerfully and under guidance of the Holy Spirit.  

It's not by man's edict, but "if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;"  Romans 10:9

James.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 05:59:52 AM »
 :cloud9: Welcome....... :thumbsup:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Werner

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 07:02:35 AM »
I was almost at the point of despair - that most people will be damned  if we don't have the right amount or kind of faith and good deeds or slip up one day and die in our sins. And even if we did "make it" to heaven ... what about all the tortured souls who will never have a second chance? Horrible to think that we would think of God as less merciful than a typical man. In our prisons we give sentence to fit the crime, and we are evil men!

Matthew 7:11 (New King James Version)

11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!    

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

P.S. I am realizing that most churches ( Catholic or Protestant) believe in hell so I would feel like a hypocrite to still attend a church while not believing this. At the same time, I feel isolated in my faith. Do any of you attend a regular church for fellowship?  :dontknow:
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 07:13:42 AM by Werner »

Offline Raggedy Anne

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 09:42:27 AM »
I was almost at the point of despair - that most people will be damned  if we don't have the right amount or kind of faith and good deeds or slip up one day and die in our sins. And even if we did "make it" to heaven ... what about all the tortured souls who will never have a second chance? Horrible to think that we would think of God as less merciful than a typical man. In our prisons we give sentence to fit the crime, and we are evil men!

Matthew 7:11 (New King James Version)

11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!    

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

P.S. I am realizing that most churches ( Catholic or Protestant) believe in hell so I would feel like a hypocrite to still attend a church while not believing this. At the same time, I feel isolated in my faith. Do any of you attend a regular church for fellowship?  :dontknow:

Welcome, brother.  So good to have you.  You were rightly troubled, obviously because God has given you a soft heart!  I'm so thankful each time I come here and see someone new who was truly troubled about the fate of people other than themselves!   Bless you.  You are in for a lot of joy!
To answer your question, I personally had to stop attending church back in 2001 after I came to the understanding of God's wonderful plan for all people.  Because, as you have said, I would have to ACT like a hypocrite in order to attend any of the traditional churches in my area, and I just cannot do that.

Peace!
Anne
Ours is not to make up anybody's mind, but to open hearts.
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 10:38:36 AM »
Welcome Werner :bgdance:
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 02:36:51 PM »
Hi Werner,
I am fairly new here too. Welcome!
I have stopped attending church as well. I cannot find anyone around here who doesn't think I am completely nuts for believing in UR (or worse, an antichrist even!). I just can't bear to go... most of the teachings center around eternal hell and it makes my blood boil! It's sad that many "non -Christians" are much more caring and accepting than "Christians" when Christians are the ones who are supposed to be preaching love and hope! But it just shows that as a man thinks, so he becomes. (Most men will burn in hell for eternity=an uncaring spirit...).
Anyway, welcome, everyone here is very caring and I am sure you will feel like you are home here.  :HeartThrob:
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 04:15:42 PM »
 :cloud9: I don't attend anywhere; haven't for years, except as He leads occasionally for His purposes. I would like to point out that the OT Jews who are part of the types and shadows we can glean wisdom from, kept their sons being instructed by mother UNTIL the son reached age 6 and then he was given to the FATHER to learn the law/Word.

This is where we develop a closer relationship with HIM, and learn to really appreciate each one He brings into our lives, ie. those that do the will of my Father are my brethren. Welcome to the family. Blessings..... :girlheart:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 04:25:26 PM »
Hi And Welcome Werner :icon_flower:

:icon_flower:
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline Pierac

• Bronze
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2009, 05:51:48 PM »
:welcome: to the Tent  :hihat:

Take some time to review the many good articles on the main site! 
:thumbsup:

http://www.tentmaker.org/ScholarsCorner.html

Paul

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
  • I watch, & am as a sparrow alone upon the rooftop.
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2009, 06:44:39 PM »
Welcome Werner! So glad to have you here!  :happy3:  :HeartThrob:
Personally, I've never attended church in the first place so I really don't know what I'm missing (or what I'm not missing.) But there are plenty of folks who believe in UR who still attend a building church. I see nothing wrong with it, as long as it doesn't start to bog you down and steal your peace. If you just remember that we're all on the path back home, folks are at different spots on the path, some are just in a great amount of darkness in regards to the true character of God. But...every knee will bow. All hearts will eventually finally be rid of all darkness, ignorance, etc. He will be ALL in ALL!  :HeartThrob:

In the meantime, you have a lot of new friends here to talk with! And... sometimes, it's a little easier to lay it all out on the line and get your thoughts out about things with people online than it is with people close to you. That can be very helpful. Take advantage of that.

Peace to you bro, and welcome!!

:HeartThrob:,
sparrow
"I knelt to drink,
And knew that I was on the brink
Of endless joy. And everywhere
I turned I saw a wonder there."

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Offline rosered

• Gold
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2009, 02:33:28 AM »

Hi Werner

And Welcome  :icon_flower:  NASB   1 CORINTH 3

16Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

17If any man destroys the temple of God, God will destroy him, for the temple of God is holy, and that is what you are.

metaphphoically  the spiritual temple consisting of the saints of all ages joined together by and in Christ

the True church is  much bigger than any  one place  can hold  :thumbsup:   

when  2 or 3 are gathered in His name    Jesus Christ  is with them                    :HeartThrob:
 Again welcome Brother

Offline willieH

• Read Only
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2009, 05:18:31 AM »
willieH: Hi Werner... :welcome: to Tentmaker!

I spent approximately 25yrs in the "church" thing... (20 w/Salvation Army & 5 w/7th Day Adventists)...

Church is whenever 2 or more are gathered in His name... for He is there in the midst...

I welcome you new brother, and along with the many articles on Tentmaker --  J. Preston Eby as well as L. Ray Smith & Elwin Roach -- have much insight to offer:

Eby --  http://www.godfire.net/eby/

Smith --  http://bible-truths.com/

Roach -- http://www.godfire.net/index.html

Peace...

...willieH  :cloud9: