Author Topic: Hello fellow truth believers  (Read 1630 times)

Offline mplsfitter539

Hello fellow truth believers
« on: December 11, 2012, 10:25:58 PM »
Because I am new here I wanted to introduce myself. I am a fellow believer of Universal Reconciliation/Salvation. I am 50 years old and only recently discovered the truth about reconciliation. Of course I spent the first 45 or so years believing in a form of salvation that excluded most of the human race. The most discouraging aspect of universal reconciliation for me has been that all the people in my life are opposed to this truth. In fact they are so opposed that they now believe that I am in some sort of cult and have lost my own salvation. I hope to find some new friends here to share this beautiful truth with. Knowing the truth and having no one to share it with is sort of like knowing a secret and not being able to tell anyone else. I look forward to fellow- shipping with others here on this site. Thank you.  :URWelcome:
Shema O Israel, Yahweh our Elohim is Yahweh echad!!!

Offline victoriousgospel

• Full
Re: Hello fellow truth believers
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 12:07:02 AM »
Welcome! I think most people on this forum have gone through what you're going through. Mainstream, cartoon Christianity is just not ready for this truth. They're still stuck on Dante's Hell and worshipping a Christianized version of Zeus.

Always exciting to hear another person who is brave enough to accept God's truth, despite the scary dogma surrounding the issue in the mainstream. :dsunny:

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 12:11:57 AM »
Glad you're here, sorryto hear some of your situation. 

So let us go out to him, outside the camp, and bear the disgrace he bore.  Hebrews 13:13
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline Paul L

• Est
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 01:11:13 AM »
Because I am new here I wanted to introduce myself. I am a fellow believer of Universal Reconciliation/Salvation. I am 50 years old and only recently discovered the truth about reconciliation. Of course I spent the first 45 or so years believing in a form of salvation that excluded most of the human race. The most discouraging aspect of universal reconciliation for me has been that all the people in my life are opposed to this truth. In fact they are so opposed that they now believe that I am in some sort of cult and have lost my own salvation. I hope to find some new friends here to share this beautiful truth with. Knowing the truth and having no one to share it with is sort of like knowing a secret and not being able to tell anyone else. I look forward to fellow- shipping with others here on this site. Thank you.  :URWelcome:

Get ready for a ride that will never end.........

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
  • The truth points to itself. -Kosh Naranek
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 03:07:20 AM »
Welcome!  How did you find/stumble into/were shown Universalism?  It was a long road for me, an ex-atheist, but somewhere along my pilgrimage I learned how to discern, and to deal with cognitive dissonance.  I hope we have you for a long time here. :friendstu:
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 03:18:45 AM »
You are not in a cult. A cult has either a single human leader or a small group of leaders, they prohibit interaction with the real world and carefully monitor all communications (TV, Internet, Books, magazines)
In UR you are truly free. Free to ask any questions, free to form your own answers, free to love, free to have your own opinions...Welcome
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline mplsfitter539

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 12:24:08 AM »
Welcome!  How did you find/stumble into/were shown Universalism? 
I found UR through a long process of searching. My first stop along the path was at a place called "Church of God" and I thought that I had reached the end of my search. Then I began to investigate them and found a forum of others who felt something was not right with COG. I began to exchange ideas with someone who had discover UR and I strongly disagreed with him. Then I research some of the things he had said to me and that is when I found UR for myself. That moment was literally the point where the scales fell from my eyes. As I continued to search for more truth I found some videos with Gary A. on Youtube which confirmed UR. Now I can't stop seeking the truth that has been seemingly hidden from me all of my life. When I read scripture I see the word "All" instead where I used to see the word "some" or "few". I have truly swallowed the red pill and can never return to my former line of thinking.  :declare:

omantodd2000

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2012, 02:56:42 AM »
Well just be glad that God has given you the ability to understand the truth.  It is hard when you first understand Gods plan and start to tell others, finding out they don't want it be true. That they prefer a hell or eternal destruction to befall others as long as it is not them. Not exactly what I would call love your enemies.  Well I guess they are partially right, welcome to the cult called Christianity, I hope our leader gets back soon.

Offline onlytruth

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 01:02:10 AM »
Ahhh, the matrix and the red pill :)

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2012, 01:36:44 AM »
I took the "red pill" years ago.  No regrets...
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 09:51:46 AM »
the dream is over, bring on reality :o)
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.com

Offline Rhodes

• Full
    • JESUS SAVIOR OF ALL
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2012, 05:22:05 PM »
Yeah I know what you are going through. No one seems to want to believe, that God is so just and such a wonderful Saviour?!
Keep thanking Him that He has chosen to open your eyes by His grace. One day you will be able to share what you are receiving.
Belief in eternal punishment :punish: :flamebreath: is dependant upon self righteousness. Once God brings a person to see that HE DREW THEM CHOSE THEM and not the other way around...then they are ready to to see his great plan.
Blessings to you!

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2012, 05:47:49 PM »
Right Rhodes. I don't think I welcomed you before so welcome!
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2012, 10:09:23 PM »

Belief in eternal punishment :punish: :flamebreath: is dependant upon self righteousness.

Good insight! 

"Everybody is going to Hell except me and thee, and I'm not too certain about thee!"

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2012, 06:31:25 AM »
Yea everybody is going to hell except for us and among us there is a wide road that leads to eternal destruction and torture forever and only a few of us have been elected by the arbitrary love of God to slip through the eye of the needle and get in and most of those few will enter in maimed........ HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH It is so sick man, so sick- Lord HAVE MERCY!

Offline mplsfitter539

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 10:12:17 PM »
I didn't know where to post this. I just found this website and wanted to know if anyone else here has ever checked it out. I have been reading the article in the order listed and I find that I am agreeing with most of it.  http://www.remnantbiblestudies.com/index.html

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 10:25:32 PM »
Just checked it out and it looks like a pretty good website for UR's :Peace2:

Offline lunarabbit

• Reg
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 11:26:24 PM »
Hey, you brought up the red pill. Nice.  :Peace2:

Funny how the further science gets, the more it agrees with the truth in the Bible. Scientists are now saying the universe is electric, and most likely a hologram or some sort of simulation, and that matter does not really exist. Only consciousness and the vibrations of love (high frequency) and fear (low frequency). Lol. We really do live in a matrix. Can't wait to physically wake up in the real world!

Offline Rhodes

• Full
    • JESUS SAVIOR OF ALL
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 12:46:24 AM »
Awaking out of the deep darkness we realise we are the offspring of God. We are Neo-n lights shining into the darkness of those who still sleep. Awake awake O sleeper and Christ will give you light. God is love, God is Light, we are love, we are light. We have awoken to no eternal hell...but that is just the beginning! :laughing7:

Offline VineBranch

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 04:11:30 AM »

Well, who would not believe in hell.  I mean really.  That whole thing about there not being a hell and no torment, that's right out to the pit itself, meant to turn people from the only true shining light.  I mean really who would not believe in hell ... Oh yeah that's right, someone who knows the embrace of the loving Father and has experienced his mercy and forgiveness personally ... okay, never mind. :flamebreath:

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2013, 04:22:38 AM »
The encouraging thing is this. Many Christians think people are going to "hell" forever because of things like.........

They don't baptize correctly......
They believe in Free Will......
They don't believe in Free Will.....
They don't believe the communion bread is the actual flesh of Christ....
They do believe the communion bread is the actual flesh of Christ.....
They don't speak in tongues......
They do speak in tongues......
They eat and drink with sinners......
They believe the sabbath is Saturday.....
They believe the Sabbath is Sunday.....
They don't spell Jesus correctly......

In other words, almost everyone is in someone elses definition of  "cult" or a "heathen" or d"eceived false Christian" so.....

You might as well be in the cult of the good news that God is saving all :o)

Offline bushy

• Full
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 08:32:13 PM »
Reminds me of Charles Slagle's Gobblegook Gospel, this is only part of it.

Here is what I was taught to be "the gospel" during my evangelical upbringing--Bible college included:

*God is Love...but more than that...He is Holy. And holiness is a quality in Him that, in a way, is opposite to love. This means (in a very real sense somehow) that He is also eternally vindictive and unforgiving toward those who are less than holy. So one day you will be conformed to His likeness, and you shall be holy just as He is, and not very loving toward imperfect people. BUT..you must be loving NOW, even
if that means you are being less than holy, or you won't make it to heaven. On the other hand, without holiness NO ONE shall see the Lord! (Yes, it's a...er...paradox, but just accept it in childlike faith, and stop intellectualizing so much!)

*God passionately and deeply loves everyone, but He plans to burn almost everyone alive for eternity simply because they failed to seek Him and find Him and love Him before it was forever too late. That is because the way is narrow and only a few "ever will" find it.

*As Christians we believe that the Lord is kind, gracious and merciful, and His love never fails. Nevertheless, He created human beings because He is a Great Gambler that delights in chancing the lives of His human offspring in His grand cosmic game of "Winners and Losers". Yes, He is also omniscient--but that is beside the point. Stop asking so many questions! Just realize that His purpose for calling people into being was to give them a chance to choose to learn to pronounce His name
("Lord Jesus Christ") correctly--and--to love and trust Him
UNconditionally and wholeheartedly before He burns billions of them for eternity for having failed to do so by a given deadline.

*On the other hand, we Christians believe that God is SOVEREIGN and He can do whatever He pleases! If He has wanted to create billions of human beings and elect to love and save a few of them and trash and burn the rest forever, that is His business. He is not just "love"--He is HOLY.
You had better worship and love Him anyway, if you know what is good for you! People who have been TRULY predestined for heaven and born again don't question God's sovereignty! On the other hand, we predestined ones are saved ONLY by grace APART from works. So if some people who are truly saved question God's sovereignty they will be forgiven, of course. Yes, this means that you may be "damned if you do, and damned if you don't" as the old saying goes. But don't worry about it much. Only a few will EVER be chosen (Hezekiah 13:13) but after all, this means that
there's a remote possibility that you may be in the elect!

http://www.sigler.org/slagle

And also, "there is nothing you can do to save yourself, it is a free gift.
 Here is what you have to do to be saved."

So glad to out of that cult.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 08:45:59 PM by bushy »

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2013, 08:53:32 PM »
Bushy :thumbsup: :Peace2:

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2013, 09:24:30 PM »
Bushy - the things that jog our memories - that "Gobbiegook Gospel" reminds me of what used to believe about salvation (if you can call it "salvation").

I thought of Salvation as something like a big weekend sale at a department store.  You know, "Sale-vation - This Weekend Only!!!"  You had to clip a coupon from the newspaper or whatever, take it to the store and redeem it for salvation.  The price was already paid by Jesus:  His Life.  If you spent all weekend fiddling around, your coupon was no good and you had to pay full price:  YOUR life.

Crazy, huh?  I should have posted the above in that "Stoopid Things You Used to Believe" thread, but I just now thought of it, and the thread's now closed.

Offline bushy

• Full
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2013, 01:53:29 AM »
 Ha Ha, LS, did you think that up all by yourself or did you have help? I never thought of salvation like that but most of the crazy things we believe began from things we were taught by 'spiritual leaders', kind of like the blind leading the blind.