Author Topic: Hello  (Read 721 times)

KJEU

Hello
« on: June 24, 2010, 02:33:57 AM »
I discovered the doctrine of UR just over 3 weeks ago, and have devoured as much of the content on this site as I could.  I actually grew up semi-religious Catholic, but began attending a Methodist church about 2 1/2 years ago.  As I started to study the Bible intently at that time, I actually came to the view that Christ will save all men relatively early on, but was using an Evangelical study Bible that stressed the doctrine of ET.  (I honestly do not remember being taught about ET as a Catholic, but we were not regular church-goers.) Needless to say, I became more and more distraught at this idea--as I went about my day to day activities, I started to think of all the doomed people around me, and became almost depressed.  Then I realized that I myself had brought 3 children into the world, who themselves could easily reject Christianity, no matter what I did, and therefore suffer for eternity, and I really felt like I was sinking into a pit  Would God really want me to have children only to have them suffer forever?

Somone posted a link to the Hell test on a political forum that I frequent, and I actually cried with joy when I read it.  Really, all the questions and discomfort I have had about God are gone, vanished in almost an instant.  I can not be more thankful for this website, or all the great thinkers who have expounded on this doctrine. 

Now off to post on another topic...

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 02:54:34 AM »
 :cloud9: Glad you found us.....welcome to the Tent.....enjoy. Blessings....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 03:02:47 AM »

Another miracle, praise the Lord.

Offline Pierac

• Bronze
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 06:54:17 AM »
:welcome: to the Tent! 

Your journey is just beginning! Don't stop seeking!

:hihat:
Paul

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 09:40:21 PM »
Hi KJEU :hithere:

Enjoy your stay and see ya in another thread  :thumbsup:

:grouppray:
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...