Author Topic: Hey There!  (Read 2192 times)

PaulTheJesusFreak

Hey There!
« on: November 04, 2007, 05:16:40 AM »
  Hey Everyone!

Wow, to start off, I am immensely glad that I found this forum. I love this website and I am constantly reading something new  everyday and sharing it with others. Tentmaker Ministries has been such a tremendous blessing for myself (and others that I have shared stuff with, that is, those that have ears to listen!). Though I'm quite embaressed to admit that I just now found a link to this forum.  :grin: :mblush:

But, my name is Paul, I'm 17, I live in California. As you can see, I'm definitely a Christian!

I enjoy reading, fictional, the Bible of course. I'm currently trying (yes, trying) to read the Left Behind adult series, I'm currently on the last prequel book, The Rapture, only have one chapter read.  I've been extremely busy with school since late August and have had not much time to read. (I waste all my time online or reading my Bible )

I Love music, I'm addicted to music. I like a variety of Christian Music, from Contemporary Worship/Praise, to Rock, and Rap/Hip-Hop. If it's Christian and I like the lyrics I'll listen to it. But don't ask me to list which songs and singers I like that would take all day.    :grin: :winkgrin:

I'm homeschooled, yes, I am. I enjoy it a lot, I have a lot of free time (or do I?). No, I do, but I'm doubling up on school work trying to graduate earlier this year so I'm pretty swamped!

What else.. Oh, I love The Sims 2 (computer game).  Maybe you've heard of it. Haha. Most of the websites I am involved in are Sims related. Its been my favorite game for 7 years now, one of my addictive (and used to be) obsessive hobbies. I have every Sims game you can think of.  But I'm not as obsessed as I used to be. I'm more "obsessed" with the Scriptures and studying the Bible.

Oh, but I'm addicted to Halo 3 just as bad... 

Hmm, ok, well background info, I've been a Christian "all my life" you could say, I was raised a Christian. But it wasn't until when I was about 15 that I actually stopped "living the motions" of trying to please my mom and truly gave my life over to Christ. Its been a wonderful ride, and experience, so far. I am in awe everyday that I wake up to God's Glory and His Presence in my Life!

My parents are divorced, have been since I was like 3. Both are remarried, I have 3 brothers. 1 by my Dad with my Step-mom and then my Mom had me and my two other brothers. God said No sisters for me.   

That's about it for me!

Well, except the fact that I love sharing my beliefs with people, even if it means debating. You could say I love debating and apologetics, it's definietly one of my favorite hobbies now. I've pretty much worn out the Universal Salvation topic to death at ChristianBoard.com with everyone there.  :laughing7: :happy3:

Look forward to meeting everyone and getting to know some new people!

If anyone's interested, I regularly post on 3 forums:

Real People. Real Christianity. Real Faith.

Simmers In Motion - Love Never Fails!

Christian Teen Forums

And I have a Myspace: www.myspace.com/PaulTheJesusFreak

Offline 97531

• Restricted
  • Truth is Freedom
    • Father's Love Forum
Re: Hey There!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 05:50:36 AM »
Hi PaulTJF

We usually get few young members like yourself here but that is not to say

:welcome: to Tentmaker.  There is another 17 year old here too can't remember his name.

You can read about the rapture here. Many other similar topics on my blog.

Be blessed here.  Btw Davo, one of our mods is 22.

Blessings

My Blog       Father's Love Forum - New
IHWLAMAHOB
Christian Milkshake: Pressed down, shaken together and more than we can hope for

Offline firstborn888

• Bronze
  • Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 06:06:13 AM »
Welcome young dude!
 - byron

Offline Pierac

• Bronze
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 06:58:20 AM »
Hi Paul,  :hihat:    I'm a Paul too!   Really cool name  :2thumbs:   

:welcome: 

Paul

Offline hopeful

• Bronze
  • He was there!
    • To Know Him More
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 01:09:41 PM »
Hi Paul!  :dsunny:  I'm Hopeful/Holly

Looks like you had fun posting last night!  :boogie: Welcome!

I've home schooled 4 boys and still have one at home.
One of my boys loves to debate just like you-
only I'm afraid he wouldn't be on your side!   :Sparkletooth: 
I'm glad you're here.  Enjoy!

:girlheart:
You're welcome to visit http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/

Offline firstborn888

• Bronze
  • Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 03:22:59 AM »
Hi Paul,  :hihat:    I'm a Paul too!   Really cool name  :2thumbs:   

:welcome: 

Paul

So cool that some apostles have actually changed their names to get in on it!

Offline Pierac

• Bronze
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 04:51:22 AM »
So cool that some apostles have actually changed their names to get in on it!

Well, Scripture does say that I was foreknown before the beginning of time!  :thumbsup:

Paul

Offline willieH

• Read Only
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 05:21:22 AM »
willieH: Hi PaultheJesusFreak...  :welcome:

Hi Paul!  Gladyerhere!

BTW... The other "17yr old"   :newb:  here is IMWM...

Peace...   :boogie:

In  JESUS  ...willieH   :drummer:

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 12:54:18 PM »
Yop TJF.

A Big Hi and Welcome  :icon_flower:

Blessings
Taffy
Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 02:11:34 AM »
 :cloud9: Welcome!
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

imwm

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2007, 03:38:17 AM »
Hi Paul!  :bigGrin:

We have a lot in common.

I am also 17, and I was also homeschooled (now dual-enrolled), and recently introduced to UR...

I even have an Xbox 360! (With UNO and Halo 3, though I'm not very good at Halo  :mblush:)

It's so great to find someone my age who is not only interested in Christianity, but also UR!  :bigGrin:

God bless & I hope to get to know you better..

IMWM

ragamuffin34

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 02:40:47 AM »
Hi there Paul!

PaulTheJesusFreak

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2007, 04:06:54 AM »
 Thanks everyone for all the welcomes! I really appreciate them. Sorry I haven't been on in so long, but I'm glad to say I should be around a lot more often now.  :bigGrin:

PaulTheJesusFreak

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2007, 04:10:51 AM »

You can read about the rapture here. Many other similar topics on my blog.

Be blessed here.  Btw Davo, one of our mods is 22.

Blessings

Thanks for the welcome, and I've certainly been blessed! Thanks for the link. It was really long, so I didn't read everything highlighted in blue, but I will definetly book mark it and read the rest later. Glad to see someone else holds (another) belief as me.  :bigGrin:

PaulTheJesusFreak

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2007, 04:14:54 AM »
Hi Paul!  :bigGrin:

We have a lot in common.

I am also 17, and I was also homeschooled (now dual-enrolled), and recently introduced to UR...

I even have an Xbox 360! (With UNO and Halo 3, though I'm not very good at Halo  :mblush:)

It's so great to find someone my age who is not only interested in Christianity, but also UR!  :bigGrin:

God bless & I hope to get to know you better..

IMWM

Yes, it is great to meet those of the same age who share similiar beliefs. I'm going to try to get a few of my other teen friends to join too. Were trying to work on getting a teen website up and further spreading the (Victorious) Gospel of Jesus Christ (aka US/UR) but we've been busy with school, family emergencies, deaths, and then the holidays.

chaela

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2007, 03:42:32 PM »
Welcome, Paul!  It's good to have you here!   :happy3:

~Chaela

jabcat

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2008, 11:02:51 AM »
Hey Paul, I'm new here myself.  Welcome!  I remember as a teen how my ambitions were to be what God wanted me to be, but I think here you may have a more solid group around you than I did.  Many of us have been through the wars (still going through them, but a lot of miles behind us).  Please don't hesitate to bring your thoughts, doubts, fears, questions here...we'll try to help, and you'll help us.  God's blessing, James.