Author Topic: Hello?  (Read 1327 times)

Offline lindalorra

• Reg
Hello?
« on: October 22, 2012, 04:37:24 AM »
 :gimmefive:

Hi!

Anyone there to say hello? I've just discovered the great, great news of what is dubbed 'universalism'. It's the best news since my salvation 33 years ago and the discovery of the Holy Spirit! Please link up with me if you have this same elation... I'm getting that 'heretic' look from those I felt I could share with. I don't really care if I'm alone, because I know it's the TRULY good news of the gospel. I'm so thrilled, I can't contain it. God has His timing for all things, and when He is ready, this news is going to really spread like wildfire. I can't wait!!!

If you want to keep up with me and help train me in this, please contact me. I'm looking to be solidly grounded in my understanding, and am reading as much as I can take in right now. Thank you!

Linda

Offline thinktank

• Silver
Re: Hello?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 04:42:55 AM »
Hello I wish you well in your journey, it can be rough and lonely but press on, to see where God take you.

welcome to the forum  :URWelcome:

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 04:52:54 AM »
Hang tight here Linda.  We're here.  Fellowshipping, learning, sharing.  OTOH, I think most of us have not found any type of larger group of UR believers to be around in person.  Would be nice, but most appear to cling to the ET doctrine (whether they like it or not - as you indicate, until you're shown you don't know.  :)

Blessings. 
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline shawn

• Bronze
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 07:55:35 AM »
 Your right Jab, it's lonely out here.  I don't know anyone who believes in UR...not any person in the flesh.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 08:11:01 AM »
Your right Jab, it's lonely out here.  I don't know anyone who believes in UR...not any person in the flesh.

:bsad:

I've heard it described as God asking if we're willing to suffer with Him outside the camp.  There's a reason, He has a plan, I just don't have the clearest view of it.
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 08:23:34 AM »
Hi and :welcome: Linda.

Join the  :grouppray:
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 08:42:17 AM »
Welcome Linda,
Like someone earlier said, I don't know a single person in the flesh that believes in ultimate reconciliation.
This group has been a great help to me and I hope it will be for you also.  :dsunny:
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline Deena

• Est
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 02:37:51 PM »
Welcome lindalorra. You are among friends here with similar experiences. I am so grateful for this forum as I would have no one to talk openly with if it were not here. It is a lonely road at times but discovering God, the real God, is well worth it.

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 04:02:20 PM »
Hi and welcome Linda!

You're not alone as I'm sure you've just realized lol. :)
Very thankful for this thread. I needed reminding myself. It does get very lonely at times. But at this present moment I understand that He is drawing me to Himself, cutting off pretty much everything and everyone in my life so that I am forced to run to Him alone. He's pretty much all I have right now. Even though it hurts (the flesh) it's a good place to be (spiritually). I keep reading that sometime soon the Lord is going to raise up His overcomers in love and power and I long for that day and for true fellowship in the flesh.  :HeartThrob:

And may we keep pressing in and seek to hear from Him because He is our teacher. As for friends, there are many for you here. :) If you ever want to chat pm me (or any of us for that matter!) Lots of wonderful folks here. :)

Blessings and love,

Holly
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline CHB

• Silver
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 07:02:43 PM »
 :banana: (Acts 2:47) And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Welcome and please join in the conversation.

CHB

goodreport

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2012, 09:04:40 PM »
Hi Lindallora--- welcome to fellowshipping, learning, sharing (thanks Jabcat, I like those words)

« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 09:41:11 PM by goodreport »

Offline lindalorra

• Reg
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 05:43:21 AM »
 :friendstu:
Hello again, Friends.
Thank you so much for your replies, which are heart warming!

We are not alone. We all know this. However, the need for human interaction sometimes leaves me feeling isolated.
It's my pleasure to become acquainted, and I hope to have help and interactions while I continue to study this great message. I'm already finding that I do have questions.

Any tips on how to address topics without perusing for 1/2 an hour to find a relevant posting to review? I am new to forums, so forgive the newbie part of me, please, and I'm willing to accept instruction when I go the wrong way. I'm anxious to learn, and desire to connect with others who are seeking to hear the full truth of God's message.

Thanks! Keep in touch!

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 05:55:52 AM »
Hi linda.  Was watching for you to come back around  :gimmefive:

One way to do it is use the search feature off to the top right of page.  You can either use it for the forum as a whole, or go into a specific topic (thread) and use it there just within that thread.  Type in a few keywords.  For instance, if you wanted to see what has been talked about regarding "fallen from grace", the search should pick all that up.  But if you wanted to see about "by grace are you saved", just type in "grace saved", because a word has to be at least 4 letters I believe for the search feature to pick it up.  Then you can just go to those references that come in the search, and either just read that particular post, or even from that post, go into thread that contained that post, read whatever you want in that thread, then just back button until you get back to square one.  I hope that's as clear as I tried to make it.  If it's not, just say "hey" back.  Also, if this isn't what you're looking for, say so, and folks will have ideas on what works for them.  Blessings, grace, James.

Offline Paul L

• Est
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 07:00:35 AM »
Hello again, Friends.

We are not alone. We all know this. However, the need for human interaction sometimes leaves me feeling isolated.

Thanks! Keep in touch!

A lot of people know & understand the feeling of "aloneness". What with so many in such a hurry, it seems so few know anymore how to just sit down & have a pleasant heart to heart meeting of minds with another human being, often they can even feel as if God too has abandoned them.

I'm here tonight riding out a hurricane, we've already had one power outage, expect more to come and it's cold out there, 38 degrees. I have to keep the woodstove going & when the lights go out, things become totally black......suddenly you can feel really alone when that happens & you're getting very little sleep because you're anxious about the length of the next power outage, it makes you feel small because you feel helpless & that can make you feel alone, but i know the sunshine will come again, that's when I stop feeling alone.

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2012, 03:22:45 PM »
Yeah I for one have a very deep longing for fellowship in the flesh. I believe it's coming, just not sure exactly when. God's time. :)
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 08:20:55 PM »
Hello again, Friends.

Thanks! Keep in touch!

A lot of people know & understand the feeling of "aloneness". What with so many in such a hurry, it seems so few know anymore how to just sit down & have a pleasant heart to heart meeting of minds with another human being, often they can even feel as if God too has abandoned them.

I'm here tonight riding out a hurricane, we've already had one power outage, expect more to come and it's cold out there, 38 degrees. I have to keep the woodstove going & when the lights go out, things become totally black......suddenly you can feel really alone when that happens & you're getting very little sleep because you're anxious about the length of the next power outage, it makes you feel small because you feel helpless & that can make you feel alone, but i know the sunshine will come again, that's when I stop feeling alone.

I flipped open my bible last night and my eyes glanced instantly downwards and read this

5 Though he be fruitful among his brethren, an east wind shall come, the wind of the Lord shall come up from the wilderness, and his spring shall become dry, and his fountain shall be dried up: he shall spoil the treasure of all pleasant vessels.

16 Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.

That reminded me of the hurricane, so I prayed.

Offline Paul L

• Est
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2012, 04:49:22 AM »
Hello again, Friends.

Thanks! Keep in touch!

I flipped open my bible last night and my eyes glanced instantly downwards and read this

5 Though he be fruitful among his brethren, an east wind shall come, the wind of the Lord shall come up from the wilderness, and his spring shall become dry, and his fountain shall be dried up: he shall spoil the treasure of all pleasant vessels.

16 Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.

That reminded me of the hurricane, so I prayed.

Thank you TT, we were relatively unscathed, a few homes in the valley below us were not so well off.

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2012, 03:35:33 AM »
wow, that was close. I'm, glad your ok and your house.

Offline TrueGrace379

• Reg
  • I can't find an avatar at the moment...
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2012, 09:47:49 AM »
Hi Linda :)

Welcome!! I'd like to share with you that I felt so relieved when I finally grasped universal salvation and understanding what God's love really is. Deep down, I couldn't imagine eternal torment for anyone, it's just too terrifying to think of. I understand people like Ray Comfort and people like him who are so concerned about people finding Jesus to avoid this fiery lake of fire that people will apparently burn in for all eternity..., but it's still terrifying if it's coming from a God who is supposed to be all loving, all powerful, all knowing. I just had a hard time with walking up to some random person, telling them they could be a "thief" or whatever, and it just seemed more like an insurance pitch when I thought more about it. All I know now is how wonderful God truly is... I used to think he was just a cantankerous old man in the sky and compared him to earthly dads, but now I'm not afraid of him, God is awesome and so loving. I can see that now.
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is a gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. (Eph. 2:8-9)

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2012, 02:25:49 PM »
Amen truegrace :thumbsup:
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"