Public Lounge > Welcome Central - **FIRST POST MUST BE MADE HERE

Hello?

<< < (4/4)

thinktank:

--- Quote from: Paul L on October 30, 2012, 07:00:35 AM ---
--- Quote from: lindalorra on October 30, 2012, 05:43:21 AM --- :friendstu:
Hello again, Friends.
Thank you so much for your replies, which are heart warming!

We are not alone. We all know this. However, the need for human interaction sometimes leaves me feeling isolated.

Thanks! Keep in touch!

--- End quote ---

A lot of people know & understand the feeling of "aloneness". What with so many in such a hurry, it seems so few know anymore how to just sit down & have a pleasant heart to heart meeting of minds with another human being, often they can even feel as if God too has abandoned them.

I'm here tonight riding out a hurricane, we've already had one power outage, expect more to come and it's cold out there, 38 degrees. I have to keep the woodstove going & when the lights go out, things become totally black......suddenly you can feel really alone when that happens & you're getting very little sleep because you're anxious about the length of the next power outage, it makes you feel small because you feel helpless & that can make you feel alone, but i know the sunshine will come again, that's when I stop feeling alone.

--- End quote ---

I flipped open my bible last night and my eyes glanced instantly downwards and read this

5 Though he be fruitful among his brethren, an east wind shall come, the wind of the Lord shall come up from the wilderness, and his spring shall become dry, and his fountain shall be dried up: he shall spoil the treasure of all pleasant vessels.

16 Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.

That reminded me of the hurricane, so I prayed.

Paul L:

--- Quote from: thinktank on October 30, 2012, 08:20:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: Paul L on October 30, 2012, 07:00:35 AM ---
--- Quote from: lindalorra on October 30, 2012, 05:43:21 AM --- :friendstu:
Hello again, Friends.
Thank you so much for your replies, which are heart warming!

We are not alone. We all know this. However, the need for human interaction sometimes leaves me feeling isolated.

Thanks! Keep in touch!

--- End quote ---

A lot of people know & understand the feeling of "aloneness". What with so many in such a hurry, it seems so few know anymore how to just sit down & have a pleasant heart to heart meeting of minds with another human being, often they can even feel as if God too has abandoned them.

I'm here tonight riding out a hurricane, we've already had one power outage, expect more to come and it's cold out there, 38 degrees. I have to keep the woodstove going & when the lights go out, things become totally black......suddenly you can feel really alone when that happens & you're getting very little sleep because you're anxious about the length of the next power outage, it makes you feel small because you feel helpless & that can make you feel alone, but i know the sunshine will come again, that's when I stop feeling alone.

--- End quote ---

I flipped open my bible last night and my eyes glanced instantly downwards and read this

5 Though he be fruitful among his brethren, an east wind shall come, the wind of the Lord shall come up from the wilderness, and his spring shall become dry, and his fountain shall be dried up: he shall spoil the treasure of all pleasant vessels.

16 Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.

That reminded me of the hurricane, so I prayed.

--- End quote ---

Thank you TT, we were relatively unscathed, a few homes in the valley below us were not so well off.

thinktank:
wow, that was close. I'm, glad your ok and your house.

TrueGrace379:
Hi Linda :)

Welcome!! I'd like to share with you that I felt so relieved when I finally grasped universal salvation and understanding what God's love really is. Deep down, I couldn't imagine eternal torment for anyone, it's just too terrifying to think of. I understand people like Ray Comfort and people like him who are so concerned about people finding Jesus to avoid this fiery lake of fire that people will apparently burn in for all eternity..., but it's still terrifying if it's coming from a God who is supposed to be all loving, all powerful, all knowing. I just had a hard time with walking up to some random person, telling them they could be a "thief" or whatever, and it just seemed more like an insurance pitch when I thought more about it. All I know now is how wonderful God truly is... I used to think he was just a cantankerous old man in the sky and compared him to earthly dads, but now I'm not afraid of him, God is awesome and so loving. I can see that now.

ded2daworld:
Amen truegrace :thumbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version