Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 931 times)

Dondi

Greetings!
« on: November 05, 2009, 02:07:04 AM »
Greetings! I'm Dondi.

Until presently, I've been a modified evangelical. I am currently a member of a fundamental, independent KJV Baptist church. But about 5 years ago, I been thinking critically about this business of Hell and could simply not fathom that the majority of the billions of people who are living or who have lived are consigned to a never-ending hell, according to the doctrine of my church. If that is the case, then God has a very poor track record in the salvation business. I mentioned that I'm a modified evangelist because I'm willing to conceed that a vast more people are saved than I realize. And the text that has opened my eyes to that effect is Acts 17:23-28, in the Apostle Pauls famous Mars Hill speech:

For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.
God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

I draw attention to the bold type. If God places everyone in their own place, then surely He must provide a means for them to seek Him. In fact, this passage explicitly tells us that that is the very reason for setting us in the bounds of our habitation. Inductively, this had led me to believe that even for those who have never heard of Christ, the provision of the Blood He shed for us must invariably be available for them. C.S. Lewis mentions the term 'anonymous Christians' as those who have demonstrated Christ-like quailities in thier live that evidences the fruit of a believer, even though they are not connected in Name.

Very recently, I've been hit hard on the idea of UR. This is a doctrine that I have resisted for obvious reasons, but I am taking a very serious look at it with a heartening hope. I hope to gain knowledge here in my quest for the Truth of what may be a very extraordinary change of position and one I'm delighted to be open to, but cautious about.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
Re: Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 02:14:55 AM »
 :cloud9: Welcome! Good intro post........if you haven't checked them out already, there are some articles on the main site to aid in your understanding of UR. Enjoy your time here........Blessings.....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 02:44:35 AM »
Welcome.   Please explore ;

God working in ages to come, still bringing people to Him;
that most aren't saved in this lifetime, i.e., given the faith to believe upon Jesus for salvation, but they will eventually be face to face with the Savior, and eventually every knee will bow and confess Him as Lord;
that He did in fact place each of us where we are, but that it's temporary - because all will be reconciled back to Him, each in our own order as Paul describes in I Corinthians 15.

We hope on the living God, Savior of all men, especially of those believing.  I Tim 4:10.

Enjoy your time here, and seek God's leading.  His written Word reconciles with what the Spirit reveals, and being shown the truth of the Ultimate Reconciliation of all shows it be so.

God's blessing, James.
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline fullarmor2

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 05:07:32 AM »
Welcome !    And  I'm reminded of what David said.  "All they who go down into the dust,  will bow before you Lord".   :happy3:     
For all those who live in the shadow of death,  a glorious light has dawned!  And for all those who stumble in the darkness,   behold,   your light has come!!

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
  • I watch, & am as a sparrow alone upon the rooftop.
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 08:25:33 AM »
Very recently, I've been hit hard on the idea of UR. This is a doctrine that I have resisted for obvious reasons, but I am taking a very serious look at it with a heartening hope. I hope to gain knowledge here in my quest for the Truth of what may be a very extraordinary change of position and one I'm delighted to be open to, but cautious about.

I think most everyone here understands and absolutely respects that, Dondi.
Peace to you and WELCOME!
 :HeartThrob:,
sparrow
"I knelt to drink,
And knew that I was on the brink
Of endless joy. And everywhere
I turned I saw a wonder there."

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Online WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 11:18:12 AM »
I hope to gain knowledge here in my quest for the Truth of what may be a very extraordinary change of position and one I'm delighted to be open to, but cautious about.
To be open to things is a good step to find what you are looking for.
Let's hope you find it here.
:welcome:
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...