Author Topic: Good News?  (Read 1510 times)

wannabelieve

Good News?
« on: November 27, 2007, 09:23:04 PM »
Universalism sounds like such good news, but is it really true? Every part of me wants to believe it (hence my screen name), but I have so many unanswered questions. About me:

I've been involved in various evangelical churches for about 30 years. I've taught bible studies, been to Bible School, taught Sunday School, and held many positions in churches. I have always had a gnawing uneasiness about unending torment, but I always thought I just had to dismiss it and take God at His word. Now I'm realizing that there may be a biblical answer to this and the gnawing in my heart has been my conscience and the Holy Spirit trying to get my attention!

I've also done a lot of reading on the subject (Talbott, G. McDonald, Bonda, DeRose, etc.).

So, I wanna believe, but I'm not there yet! Please help if you can!

Offline hopeful

• Bronze
  • He was there!
    • To Know Him More
Re: Good News?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 10:11:50 PM »
I can pray for ya, bro!   :HeartThrob:
You're welcome to visit http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/

Offline dboutwell

• Snr
    • Scared Of Hell,com
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 06:04:22 AM »
I've also done a lot of reading on the subject (Talbott, G. McDonald, Bonda, DeRose, etc.).

Ooooo, you may be past the point of no return then.  :grin:

DeRose was my first article that really laid it out for me and Bonda was my first real book on UR and how it works.

It probably took me about two years of reading and just being in sheer amazement that such a thing could be true, before I started seeing it to the point of knowing it was true. And I am still blown away by it!

Knowing God never created most of us for endless Hell is a dream come true for me. I never could figure it out just thought I didn't have any choice but to believe it.

God Bless you as you search, Bro  :HeartThrob:

Debbie
Blessings :)

Debbie

Offline 97531

• Restricted
  • Truth is Freedom
    • Father's Love Forum
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 06:28:30 AM »
Hi wannabelieve

:welcome: to Tentmaker

I understand where you are coming from.  While you may find answers here it is important that they are made alive through the Holy Spirit.

Blessings
My Blog       Father's Love Forum - New
IHWLAMAHOB
Christian Milkshake: Pressed down, shaken together and more than we can hope for

wannabelieve

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 03:40:39 AM »
Thanks every one for the welcoming words! Debbie, I've been reading various things for almost a year now. This "point of no return" has me a little worried!  :happygrin: When did you reach that point and what was the turning point in your understanding?

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 05:43:31 AM »
 :welcome: :newb: :grouppray: :angelharp: :banana: :trampoline: :coffee: :beach: :gpg:  Welcome to Tentmaker!
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline Pierac

• Bronze
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 03:44:24 PM »
Hi  :hihat:

There is plenty of research here but, ultimately the truth will come from God's Spirit.

Paul