Author Topic: Eternal Punishment is Illogical  (Read 758 times)

SeekerOfTruth

Eternal Punishment is Illogical
« on: September 03, 2012, 12:39:14 PM »

If God has infinite mercy and infinite love and He is perfectly JUST

then to place a soul in torment for an infinite span of time for a finite number of sins would not be perfectly JUST.

All spirit eventually returns to God, even those separated from Him in Hell.

Offline redhotmagma

• Bronze
Re: Eternal Punishment is Illogical
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 01:13:18 PM »
 :2thumbs:

Offline shawn

• Bronze
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 03:44:32 PM »
Great first post!  Welcome.  :)

SeekerOfTruth

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 08:05:08 AM »
I am still praying about Universal Reconciliation. Before learning about Universal Salvation I prayed to Jesus to show me the truth.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 09:20:50 AM »
Hi and welcome SoT.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline TrueGrace379

• Reg
  • I can't find an avatar at the moment...
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 09:07:12 AM »
Can't get that about eternal torment either. If God is perfect love, and His ways and thoughts are higher than ours, and He wants us to love our enemies and forgive them, pray for them, then would they still be doomed for eternity even if we did that? Maybe someone would say, "well, it's actually for your sake" but to me that sounds like a means to an end. What about the other person we've forgiven and shown compassion for? Just some thoughts running around inside my head...
Now more of a random thought, I think it's a bit sad too that people like Rob Bell got banned from Christian bookstores for asking questions like these, yet they have oodles of Joel Osteen books even after he expressed his doubts about Jesus being the only way (on Larry King that one time). What is going on here? :/
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is a gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. (Eph. 2:8-9)

Offline ded2daworld

• Silver
  • What if today we were just grateful for everything
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 02:38:10 PM »
Welcome truegrace and seeker,
The answer to your question is ...business
No matter how "Christian" a Christian bookstore is, they will be out of business if they don't sell books and "christian" paraphenalia. Non-christians rarely if ever go into a christian bookstore so naturally that is not the bookstores main clientelle.
Books are normally bought by either word of mouth or familiarity with the authors name.
The most famous names are the TV preachers.
People figure if he's on TV and has his own show and many people listening to him/her then they MUST know what they're talking about and have all their doctrine straight.
They don't.
But their books sell - most of them actually written by staff members. (If they tried to sell the book in the unknown staffers name, it plain wouldn't sell many copies.
It's a question of popularity and you may have been around long enough to know the REAL truth just isn't popular.
How many followers did Jesus have before his crucifixion arrest?
"Itching" ears will always buy books (or CD's or DVD's) from someone popular/famous.
"Why do so many people think that the Bible is only inspired at certain points -  and that  THEY are inspired to pick out which points?"

Offline TrueGrace379

• Reg
  • I can't find an avatar at the moment...
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 09:14:54 AM »
I agree with that... Sadly.
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is a gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. (Eph. 2:8-9)