Author Topic: Do you know me?  (Read 1427 times)

Eleutheros

Do you know me?
« on: July 09, 2009, 04:50:05 PM »
Good day!

I have gone by the screen name, 'Eleutheros' in other forums, which aren't many in number. I've also used the moniker of 'TygerTyger' in the distant past, when I was learning to write poetry.

Do you think that you may know me?

I decided to join this forum, after much internal deliberation, because I've found it to be a truth that there are, indeed, more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in our philosophies.

I am a Universalist (in accordance with Gary A's defining article in the 'Read First' thread). As is my wife.  And I am not willing to shun the label, but, rather, I embrace it because I don't despise labels, despite their shortcomings.

In fact, I find labels to be very useful, even if the label is not understood or appreciated by those who both willingly claim them or deliberately apply them. For I have learned to rejoice when certain humans desire to label me.

This is also what I have come to believe:

Don't believe everything you think.

And so, I look forward to our interactions that, from your words, I may learn and grow and that you may also.

Be good, then!

It is, after all, what you were created to be!

P.S. Some have affectionately nicknamed me, 'Elyew'. I like that.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
Re: Do you know me?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 05:07:47 PM »
Welcome free man!

Offline chuckt

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 05:26:22 PM »
i dont like labels, but i see the need for them.

welcome!

i dont recall ever seeing your name on other forums but i only post on 2 or 3 at the most.

peace
chuckt aka euty

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
  • I watch, & am as a sparrow alone upon the rooftop.
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 05:56:45 PM »
Welcome Elyew!  :icon_flower:
"I knelt to drink,
And knew that I was on the brink
Of endless joy. And everywhere
I turned I saw a wonder there."

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 06:09:48 PM »
Hi!

I decided to join this forum, after much internal deliberation, because I've found it to be a truth that there are, indeed, more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in our philosophies.
Why so much hesitation?

Just because I'm gonna give you a label?

1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Redlettervoice

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 07:04:24 PM »

Hello and welcome......... :welcome:

Anne Hamon might know you.  She vists the poetry forums I think.

She's just not "here" right now.  Must be busy with summer.

I'll say hello for her....and me too.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 07:06:04 PM »
 :cloud9: Welcome! Pull up a chair......coffee's on WhiteWings!  :grin:
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 07:10:04 PM »
Ok. I'll be there soon.  :coffee:
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline sven

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2009, 07:58:16 PM »
hi, feel welcome here EleuJeroV , your name is Greek, isn't it?, (love that Greek letters), what does it mean?

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2009, 08:05:10 PM »
hi, feel welcome here EleuJeroV , your name is Greek, isn't it?, (love that Greek letters), what does it mean?

ἐλεύθερος = free born

Tim B

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2009, 10:12:29 PM »
Welcome friend! God bless!

BTW: I don't think I've seen you before, but I have now. xD

Eleutheros

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2009, 12:50:25 AM »
Hi!

Why so much hesitation?

Just because I'm gonna give you a label?

Thanks for the label!  :bigGrin:

The hesitation was because some other places gave labels that weren't so nice, even though they were very nicely applied. And while I didn't reject them, for they were accurate labels, in that setting, they weren't intended as complimentary.

Also I wasn't sure if I wanted to devote myself, again, to the time needed to post and reply properly... I'm still not sure on that. But, in the end, I find that I miss, too much, interacting with other thoughtful humans and the attendent learning that comes with it.

Learning that isn't just about knowledge.

There is one more thing about me, White Wings, that you and all else should know: I will always provide an answer to any question asked of me.

And thank you, all of you, for your most gracious welcome. I feel good.

And free.  :thumbsup:

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2009, 01:04:05 AM »
There is one more thing about me, White Wings, that you and all else should know: I will always provide an answer to any question asked of me.

Then I ask you to stay at least until you posted 20 times. Then decide.
But I warn you; by then you are no longer free... you will be locked up in the community cage  :reachout:

Eleutheros

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2009, 01:06:00 AM »

It's from John 8:34-36 (CLV)

Jesus answered them, "Verily, verily, I am saying to you that everyone who is doing sin, is a slave of sin. Now the slave is not remaining in the house for the eon. The son is remaining for the eon. If ever, then, the Son should be making you free (elutheroo), you will be really free (eleutheros).

To be set free from sin is freedom, indeed.

Thanks for asking.  :bigGrin:

Eleutheros

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2009, 01:23:13 AM »

Then I ask you to stay at least until you posted 20 times. Then decide.
But I warn you; by then you are no longer free... you will be locked up in the community cage  :reachout:

:bigGrin: Thank you!

SPOKENFOR

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2009, 04:35:52 PM »
Well  :welcome: aboard Elyew..... Come on in while the water is fine...... :icon_flower: