Author Topic: Another Bible Belt Victim!  (Read 1833 times)

stech1

Another Bible Belt Victim!
« on: May 27, 2008, 09:07:55 PM »
Just for the record, my topic title is a joke.  :winkgrin:

I am so glad to have found this forum! Fortunately, I found the tentmakers site a while back but somehow missed the forum. This site has been such a blessing to me. It has helped me grow in my faith and let me see that I am not the only one that feels the way I do about eternal punishment.

I am from the Triad area in NC (Greensboro, Winston Salem, High Point). I am married to a wonderful lady and together we have nine great kids. We have six girls and 3 boys, ages ranging from 21 years old to 21 months. I absolutely adore my children and thank God every day for them. They are so much fun! Oh, and I also have 2 beautiful grandchildre; both are girls.  :HeartThrob:

Currently, I am a full-time student (online) and a stay at home dad. Some time ago, I was injured on the job (20 years as a plumber/pipe-fitter) and was forced to leave my trade (back injury/surgery, etc). Since , I have been going to school and am now in my senior year. When I am done, I will have a degree in English and Literature. Afterwards, I hope to attend seminary and get a MDiv and at the same time get a MLS. Wake Forest Divinity School and UNC Greensboro offer a dual degree program in a little over three years. I hope to work in a Divinity School library if my back can manage it. I love books and religious periodicals and it would be right down my alley!

Religiously, besides the obvious of being an adherent to Universalism, our family is Anglican. I was raised Pentecostal, but became disillusioned with it early in my adulthood. I only recently (1 year ago) found Anglicanism, but feel as though I have finally come home. I love the liturgy and emphasis on using our rationale minds in working out our salvation.

So, that is a little about me. I look forward to participating here, learning, and getting to know many of you through your post.

Namaste!

Chris

Paul Hazelwood

Re: Another Bible Belt Victim!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 09:40:58 PM »
Hi Stech1,

Thanks for your post.

As far back as I can remember I was never afraid of all the hellfire sermons.  It has been hard through the various churches I had been in because I dealt with issues that maybe somehow my heart was so hardened that I could not receive the love of Jesus due to my lack of fear of eternal damnation.

It is refreshing to find a community of people that have a perspective of belief similar to mine.

Offline 97531

• Restricted
  • Truth is Freedom
    • Father's Love Forum
Re: Another Bible Belt Victim!
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 07:56:14 PM »
Hi Chris

Welcome to Tentmaker forum

Blessings
My Blog       Father's Love Forum - New
IHWLAMAHOB
Christian Milkshake: Pressed down, shaken together and more than we can hope for