Author Topic: ALL forms of Universalism are False: Hell is real and literal Eternal Torment  (Read 8262 times)

Online WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
I think that ignorance if part of the sin.
ET is a hardened heart.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline thinktank

• Silver
When I first started looking at UR [on this board, because I had never thought about it before,]  I was kind of horrified that I might end up with Hitler as a bunk mate--so to speak.

You know what I mean.  The first thought is that the curtain goes down, all are saved, it was just a play, all those tears, all that suffering, and afterwards, we all go to the actors party and shake hands.

Do I want Hitler to suffer for what he did?  YES.  He ruined the lives of millions of people.

I know that God is a God of justice and that he will act justly towards Hitler, as he does towards all of us.

But, he is also a God of mercy.

Yes evil men as those defined by God, not man, are those who will suffer Gods vengeance for all their ungodly deeds and ungodly speeches.

Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord.

Not one shall escape, fear the Lord and embrace his mercy who knows if he will repent of the evil he shall send.

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
  • The truth points to itself. -Kosh Naranek
Re: ALL forms of Universalism are False: Hell is real and literal Eternal Torment
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2012, 01:34:00 AM »
When I first started looking at UR [on this board, because I had never thought about it before,]  I was kind of horrified that I might end up with Hitler as a bunk mate--so to speak.

You know what I mean.  The first thought is that the curtain goes down, all are saved, it was just a play, all those tears, all that suffering, and afterwards, we all go to the actors party and shake hands.

Do I want Hitler to suffer for what he did?  YES.  He ruined the lives of millions of people.

I know that God is a God of justice and that he will act justly towards Hitler, as he does towards all of us.

But, he is also a God of mercy.

Our world has, in fact, been called "The Theater of the Universe,"  a place where good and evil interact for the education of the whole created cosmos.  Shakespeare concurs:  "All the world's a stage, and we are but actors upon it."  Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, all those guys are only guilty of sins common to all men, and if we think it's a numbers game, Jesus reminded us that if we hate our brother, we are murderers too.  If you ever have Hitler as a bunkmate, he will have been rehabilitated, and his sins paid for and forgotten.

Do not despise them, for we all must give an account to our Creator.
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.

Offline sheila

• Gold
Re: ALL forms of Universalism are False: Hell is real and literal Eternal Torment
« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2012, 03:49:09 AM »
you know,when I was 17 I stumbled over the Christ rock in the matter of Hitler,too.  that is how Christ is the stumbling stone..through forgiveness and grace

.  we want to judge by degree's..and dispense grace on merit.   But God in His Great Wisdom made a blanket judgement of

sin in the flesh conde3mned...condemned in all men...Free gift of eternal life through Grace of God in Christ...

He did this so no-one could boast in the flesh....pointing the finger at your brother  'he sinned worse than me"

People tend to underestimate what the free gift of righteousness and eternal life in Christ is..or what it means.......that  you will see nothing but Christ in them

for that is what they will be..in Christ's exact image and likeness...one with him aqnd God.

loved your post Lazarus

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2012, 08:24:33 AM »

Shakespeare:  "All the world's a stage, and we are but actors upon it."

What God wrote was a comedy; but, we play it as a tragedy."

(from Garrison Kieler)
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!

Online WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2012, 08:48:13 AM »
You got that all wrong Ref  :winkgrin:

God was serious about salvation but church turned it into Dante's divine comedy  :laughing7:
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline jugghead

• Snr
« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2012, 02:17:31 PM »
We (mankind) are saved from our ignorance (lack of understanding) by the free gift of understanding

We (mankind) are saved from the penalty of sin (death; separation from the Father and others) by the free gift of forgiveness

We (mankind) are saved from sin, (sinning against the Father and sinning against others) by both of these free gifts combined, UNDERSTANDING FORGIVENESS

Through our participation in understanding forgiveness (the word forgiveness becomes flesh) and then the flesh participates in forgiving others, we become a living sacrifice, bringing life (forgiveness) to others.

The stumbling block of all unbelievers is the forgiveness of all sinners
Wisdom is not measured by time, it is measured by understanding

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2012, 03:13:51 PM »
that is how Christ is the stumbling stone..through forgiveness and grace

"And blessed is the one who is not offended by me."

Awesome.  :HeartThrob:
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2012, 04:18:41 PM »
jugghead...you just poured out the  living water  like Elijah did. a living sacrifice acceptable to God.   the love of the greater number

cooled because of the increasing of lawlessness[sins]  the pateint endurance of the saints.....

the camp of the Holy city is surrounded by those led/deceived of satan[accusor] to fight against the free gift of eternal life.

you see christians jews and muslims clinging to self-righteousness of flesh..killing one another and thinking they are doing

God a service.....  but....God is in the camp as the free gift of life through Grace.

Jesus noted this [knowing what was in man/sin that causes him to fall short at all times of the Glory of God] and said....

beware that ye not devour one another...and also this  However when the son of man comes,will He find faith on earth?

now many cry out to Him for justice against my adversary....and we know that we fight not against flesh and blood..

and that the adversary is satan.   and this is the justice of God....that Jesus Christ rebuked Satan and caused his fall from heaven

and shortly will go into eternal cutting off[as the one who raises the temple of the Lord..you know no tool[satan] is used

in the final assembly...for trees of self righteousness are cut down before hand,and trees of righteousness through Christ

are prepared before hand,and lively stones of grace  are cut out not by human hands

[Luke 19;38-40] I tell you if they keep quiet the stones will cry out]    Blessed is the King who comes in the Name of the Lord!

PEACE in HEAVEN AND GLORY IN THE HIGHEST!

IF YOU,EVEN YOU HAD ONLY KNOWN ON THIS DAY WHAT WOULD HAVE BROUGHT YOU PEACE- BUT NOW IT IS HIDDEN FROM YOUR EYES

THE DAYS WILL COME UPON YOU WHEN YOUR ENEMIES WILL COME UPON YOU WHEN YOUR ENEMIES WILL BUILD AN EMBANKMENT

AGAINST YOU AND WILL ENCIRCLE YOU AND HEM YOU IN ON EVERY SIDE. THEY WILL DASH YOU TO THE GROUND

YOU AND THE CHILDREN WITHIN YOUR WALLS. THEY WILL NOT LEAVE ONE STONE ON ANOTHER

BECAUSE YOU DID NOT RECOGNIZE THE TIME OF GOD'S COMING TO YOU[AS FREE GIFT OF GRACE AND FORGIVENESS]