Author Topic: A newbie here, coming to say hello!  (Read 1097 times)

99isNotenuff

A newbie here, coming to say hello!
« on: July 13, 2011, 04:44:08 AM »
Hi everybody, so nice to finally have the chance to fellowship with believers who dont believe in eternal damnation.  :thumbsup:

I am a newbie in that regard, i have been a 'born-again Christian' since 1979 and was taught your usual hell and literal lake of fire that would last for eternity doctrine.  :sigh: Only since this last October did God open my eyes, after seeking Him out diligently because of how repulsive that doctrine seemed to me. I mean, i just couldnt wrap my mind around that one no matter how hard i tried.  :sigh: I sought God out and He led me to the truth. Seek and ye shall find.  :bigGrin:

And i found this site thru google.  :happy3:

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
Re: A newbie here, coming to say hello!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 05:05:09 AM »
Very good witness to us here.  Helps build the faith.  Thanks, and welcome here!  God bless, James.
Looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith.  Heb. 12:2

Offline redhotmagma

• Bronze
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 05:14:06 AM »
Welcome to the Tent, good to have you

Online WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 08:34:24 AM »
Hi everybody, so nice to finally have the chance to fellowship with believers who dont believe in eternal damnation.  :thumbsup:

'nuff said  :welcome: :newb:
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline lomarah

• Silver
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 02:16:08 PM »
Welcome! Our stories are quite similar (i'm sure many of us came to the true faith like that.). Be blessed here!
From Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

99isNotenuff

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 05:59:43 PM »
Thanks guys for the warm welcome.  :icon_flower:

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 07:29:19 PM »
Welcome to the Tent!!  Interesting that "God" led you out of religion and brought you "in" to freedom through your relationship with him.   Your comments reminded me of a conversation I was involved in just last night.  I know there have been several, perhaps even "many" people on Tent that have at one time or another asked about if there is, or why there aren't churches out there that are "UR".  But I'm at the place now that I believe that there will never be a "denomination" of UR as denominations go.  I think much of that idea of there needing to be "a" UR church system comes from our past experiences with traditional denominational churches.  But I think "that's" the problem.  I don't think God ever intended for us to identify ourselves with just one slant on his nature .. . just one emphasis on his relationship with us.  By that I mean, one denomination may be all about evangelism, another about being Charismatic, another being Pentecostal . . .interestingly, the word "Catholic" actually means "universal" but they are anything "but". 

I think the tower of Babel is directly related to our mainline churches today in that those guys of old took it upon themselves to build their own structure that would allow them to ascend and the results were, they all walked away with different languages.  They all had their own tongue and none of them could communicate with their own neighbors.  Many churches are just like that today . . .they have their own doctrine and they have no understanding of the church across the street because "their" doctrine is different.  Yet they all continue trying to build a religious structure and proclaim they can see God.

But UR is not meant for a church structure.  I believe if men tried to conform it to one, they'd kill it.  I think UR is only a part of God's true nature and it's not about a doctrine, but it's more about a personal experience and I also believe "this" is where God is leading his bride to.  A place where man can see ALL MEN have been redeemed, regardless of how much we have misread, misinterpreted, misunderstood and even misaligned ourselves . . .the finished works of the cross is just that great to where it trumps everything we've accomplished through our own labors.

UR for me is not another shade of doctrine or religion, I believe it's a truth that's becoming a reality to many more just like you.  The church we grew up in can not regulate this kind of relationship.   And to that I would say . . .GO GOD!!!

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 08:15:41 PM »
I was a bit nervous as to where you were going with this, but then I can see where you are coming from.

That a church denomination would monopolize UR to an extent and lay down other doctrines with it.

For one I can see that a UR belief often attracts newbies (I mean those who think, No hell, great I'm off the hook, I can now also be a satanist at the same time etc) and that would often gather together a bunch of believers who would like to change certain aspects of the scripture, such as Gods justice, and perhaps change Noahs flood and Sodom and gomorah into something else.

Of course there are great ministries like tentmaker that have not denied the authority of scriptures to accommodate UR and proclaim Jesus as the Son of God and messiah, but I get the feeling that this UR belief, kind of lend itself to a mixture of religions and knowing mankind, I would not be surprised, as it has already been done with the various Universalist movements that Garry talks about. I can also see that a UR doctrine had a weakness and that it lends itself to sloppiness in a unrepentant heart, I am talking about a heart that lives in bondage and subjection to Fear of everlasting hell, without which that heart has no impetus to obey the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 09:03:33 PM »
There are always two ditches on either side of the road.  Just believeing in UR alone has caused others to put me in the ditch of liberalism as it is.  The depiction of "the narrow road" has always been one of strong discipline with a great emphasis on "strong" and "discipline" if you know what I mean.  And anyone who appears to be even the least bit laid back with their relationship with God would be considered going down that "wide" road that leads to destruction . .which again, to them is hell.

i once had a wise assistant pastor tell me, "I'd rather be wrong on the side of God's grace, than on the side of the law".  And the more mature I got in Christ, the more real that became in me as well.  Let each live according to their own relationship with God so that they may grow and flourish in him without my interruption of what I "think" they should be saying or doing.  I have my hands full just dealing with "me" let alone trying to take on someone else.

Online WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2011, 02:29:30 PM »
i once had a wise assistant pastor tell me, "I'd rather be wrong on the side of God's grace, than on the side of the law".
For me that sounds like someone that chose fire insurance over real persuit of knowledge.
Is belief based on a calculated risk really belief?
Love casts out all fear. His risk management is fear.....
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Online WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2011, 02:45:59 PM »
I was a bit nervous as to where you were going with this, but then I can see where you are coming from.

That a church denomination would monopolize UR to an extent and lay down other doctrines with it.

For one I can see that a UR belief often attracts newbies (I mean those who think, No hell, great I'm off the hook, I can now also be a satanist at the same time etc) and that would often gather together a bunch of believers who would like to change certain aspects of the scripture, such as Gods justice, and perhaps change Noahs flood and Sodom and gomorah into something else.
Something else or something true?
Who says the (mainstream) interpretation of the flood and Sodom is the correct one.
Was the only reason Sodom was destroyed because of gay relationships?
Was the flood really global?
Not to start a discussion on thos things but to show that "change certain aspects" can mean getting closer to the truth instead of abandoning it.

Of course there are great ministries like tentmaker that have not denied the authority of scriptures to accommodate UR and proclaim Jesus as the Son of God and messiah, but I get the feeling that this UR belief, kind of lend itself to a mixture of religions and knowing mankind, I would not be surprised, as it has already been done with the various Universalist movements that Garry talks about.
I think that's you should speak in terms of "lend itself"but in terms of facts.
Just pointing out two things on this forum.
- Free will
- Trinity

That itself means UR isn't a denomination. Denominations believe nearly the same thing.
All denominations have complete teaching.
Gary and similar teacher only teach one aspect of Christianity.
Surely Gary has his thought on Trinity, free will, bapstism, sunday/saturday church, etc etc. But for personal reasons he refuses to teach about that.
That's his right. I have zero problems with that. You must see a denomination as  school that teaches math, physic, history, art, biology, etc etc etc.
UR only teaches about math. People here agree on the math but may be complete opposites on history (Trinity) and Biology (free will)

I can also see that a UR doctrine had a weakness and that it lends itself to sloppiness in a unrepentant heart, I am talking about a heart that lives in bondage and subjection to Fear of everlasting hell, without which that heart has no impetus to obey the gospel of Jesus Christ.
And with fear the heart knows nothing about the Gospel. Fear blocks progress. People here have the guts to repond to my 'special views' on the Bible. They even dare to think with me on the subject.
On other forums people would run away as fast as they can without the possiblity to learn. Learning comes by trail and error. Not by repeating words you barely understand....
 :2c:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 02:50:08 PM by WhiteWings »

Offline Miriam

• Snr
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2011, 07:26:54 PM »
Welcome! Your post has sparked some interesting discussion.  :winkgrin:

99isNotenuff

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2011, 05:23:56 AM »
Welcome! Your post has sparked some interesting discussion.  :winkgrin:
It sure has..  :winkgrin: 

Good to be here..  :icon_flower: