Author Topic: By the same measure you give  (Read 2660 times)

PaoloNuevo

By the same measure you give
« on: December 18, 2010, 02:59:46 AM »
Luke 6:37-38 (New International Version, 2010)

Judging Others
    37 "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. 38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

I just wanted to say how much God has blessed me this Christmas.... !

Not to trumpet my deeds before men but as of lately I have given to others out of love and out of inspiration that God loved me FIRST...

- A bonus for my work as a part time college teacher

- some gifts

- a gift certificate at a mall

And what do you know? I've received a shower of blessings... I just want to testify that indeed by your measure of worth, it will be measured back to you.

There will be one thing that He will NOT measure back to anyone though:

God would never even recompense eternal damnation on those who insist on it and impose it on others... Just as God is faithful and capable of all things, even so He can NOT disown himself even if we are faithless...

But we can sample God's goodness and abundance if we allow ourselves to be that blessing for others as well... I haven't gotten to the level where I will sell all my possessions and give them to the poor... but I try to bless others with what I am given.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Ephesians 4:8-10 (New International Version, 2010)

8 This is why it says:

"When he ascended on high,
   he took many captives
   and gave gifts to his people."

9 (What does "he ascended" mean except that he also descended to the lower, earthly regions?

10 He who descended is the very one who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe.)

:HeartThrob:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 03:04:43 AM by PaoloNuevo »

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
Re: By the same measure you give
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 03:56:18 AM »

Paolo!
Everyday someone gives up to the LORD. That everyday is Christ's birth again.
Be "merry" everyday.

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Once a year is religion.

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 04:23:25 AM »
It just occured to me that if we celebrate Christs birthday, we are in some ways seperating him from his divinity as the son of God. Because we designate him a birthday, when the scriptures say that he is from eternity, but I suppose in some sense he did have a begining a birthday, which might be hard for some to accept, but the scripture says he was the firstborn creature, the manifestation of the invisible God, and also in the begining was the word, wheareas the father had no begining, for he allways was, the Son was is first creature, for the scripture says he was before all things and for whom all was made.

I guess the main point here on topic is to avoid idolizing the temple of God, the human Jesus Christ, that the Son of God dwelt in.
But in any case....

Merry Christmas to all, and glad you got blessed Paola  :bigGrin:

PaoloNuevo

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 04:25:27 AM »
Thanks Beloved and Thinktank!

Merry Christmas to all, and glad you got blessed Paola  :bigGrin:

Please don't feminize my name.  :grin: :grin:

But yes, TT... actually it wasn't His birthday but His death and ressurection that should be celebrated... and the day of the Lord is always "Today."

He came that we may have life in abundance (John 10: 10 )... and if we always give, if we always strive to be last, we always serve and always lose our life for the sake of the gospel, we will always find it.. Every day. ;)

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 04:28:59 AM »
why the capital N? isn't Nuevo your surname?

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 05:55:26 AM »

If you "strive" you die.

By His spirit we live, Paolo.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 06:41:40 AM »
 :cloud9: NP, I think that's wonderful.  :thumbsup: Praise Him from whom all blessings flow, Amen?

And TT; I also think you have a very valid point. That's no doubt why we were not given a specific birthdate for Him. How do you start/stop eternity? Keeping our eyes on the flesh of Him, is a thief in itself. Blessings.....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

PaoloNuevo

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2010, 07:57:00 AM »
TT, you called me PaoLA... I'm Paolo  :grin: :grin: :grin:

I know it was a typo!

@Beloved - Oops yes... not by our own efforts! Thanks for reminding me ...

@Cardinal - Amen!

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 04:20:39 PM »
That's no doubt why we were not given a specific birthdate for Him.
Hu?
Why all the references to Roman leaders etc. Priestly course (of the fasther of John the Baptist). Mentioning of the stars/planets.
Not only the Bible shows a rough date. It pinpoints His birth with and accuracy of a little over an hour.
 :2c:
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2010, 05:45:21 PM »
 :cloud9: I agree with you, what I meant was, no where does it say, "He was born Sept. 23, 3BC.....Happy Birthday" LOL....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010, 09:53:33 PM »
No where does it read that a date is to be recognize, or celebrated for the birth of Jesus, in a truth we are instructed 
Gal 4:9  and now, having known God--and rather being known by God--how turn ye again unto the weak and poor elements to which anew ye desire to be in servitude?
Gal 4:10  days ye observe, and months, and times, and years!
Gal 4:11  I am afraid of you, lest in vain I did labour toward you.
a birthday for Jesus Christ
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2010, 10:04:04 PM »
I didn't say there are instructions to celebrate His birth.
I'm just saying His birthdate is in the Bible.
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2010, 10:08:57 PM »
WhiteWings probably didn't see the vile imagery portrayed at the bottom of the page, thanks to Beloved Servant but I am now deleting the link provided by WW... (Again it is not my website, and I'm sure it was only intended as a friendly joke regarding my first name..)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 03:19:09 AM by PaoloNuevo »

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2010, 11:41:11 PM »
I didn't say there are instructions to celebrate His birth.
I'm just saying His birthdate is in the Bible.

When is it, ww?

PaoloNuevo

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2010, 12:31:09 AM »

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2011, 02:50:43 AM »
TT, you called me PaoLA... I'm Paolo  :grin: :grin: :grin:
I just found your website Paul-O paolo: http://www.taringa.net/posts/imagenes/7309755/Paolo-el-rockero.html

http://www.taringa.net/posts/imagenes/7309755/Paolo-el-rockero.html       <

Hi Paolo,

Would you please comment on the young man with glasses and the young woman with blond hair at the bottom of your Web page.
I saw this a long time ago when WW first found it and just again today.
Thanks,
dave.

PS,
Congrats on the new Moderator designation!

PaoloNuevo

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2011, 03:13:38 AM »
That is a vile pic!!

at the bottom of your Web page.

And for the record,  it is not my website... WhiteWings loves pulling pranks on me and my name...

This is MY page:

http://trulygoodnews.blogspot.com
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 03:24:22 AM by PaoloNuevo »

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2011, 03:28:19 AM »

WOW,
What a despicable and contemptible thing for WhiteWings to do to anyone.

Shame on him forevermore.

PaoloNuevo

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2011, 03:33:49 AM »
It's all right BS,

Again thanks for pointing it out so we know everything that is written on this forums is accounted for and held captive to the Light...

I didn't see any harm done because I took it that everyone understood that WW was just joking and that was NOT my website... I actually found it amusing at first...

But now that you pointed out that vile image, the line that draws humor from vileness has been crossed and it had to be edited out (at least from WW post himself, I didn't touch your post here BS).

Thanks again and I'm just glad that's clarified...

If I must be accountable, then this is my flickr page:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/directorpaolo/5086205380/

And again, if I must have a single web page it is THIS; which I just recently uploaded:

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2011, 03:37:23 AM »
It's all right BS,

Again thanks for pointing it out so we know everything that is written on this forums is accounted for and held captive to the Light...

I didn't see any harm done because I took it that everyone understood that WW was just joking and that was NOT my website... I actually found it amusing at first...

But now that you pointed out that vile image, the line that draws humor from vileness has been crossed and it had to be edited out (at least from WW post himself, I didn't touch your post here BS).

Thanks again and I'm just glad that's clarified...

If I must be accountable, then this is my flickr page:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/directorpaolo/5086205380/

And again, if I must have a single web page it is THIS; which I just recently uploaded:

Perhaps you think it is funny.

There is nothing funny at all leading the people of God to see that filth.
And, please do not refer to me as BS.

PaoloNuevo

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2011, 03:39:37 AM »
All right, Dave - correct?

Well... I didn't find the first image of the rock star behaving like a casanova quite so offensive.. But I really had to take it down when I saw the image of the young man and the blond below...

Thanks again for noticing, Dave...

I messaged JabCat on the changes and responses I added to this new thread..

All thoughts and images and posts here must be led captive to be convicted by Christ... and this is what you are doing, so thanks for holding us accountable here, brother!

PaoloNuevo

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2011, 03:43:52 AM »
I think I'm locking this thread...

Dave, if you have other comments please PM me... but I think the matter is settled.

Online jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2011, 04:14:33 AM »
Yeah, it's fine.  WWs joking around, I'm sure didn't notice the vulgarity.  I don't blame you for wanting to make sure people knows it's not you/your site Paolo.  Alright, time to move on.
Looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith.  Heb. 12:2