Author Topic: withdrawl  (Read 1059 times)

gatheredfragments

withdrawl
« on: October 25, 2007, 10:50:04 AM »
do you guys find it possible to truly withdraw from the world and be alone with Jesus...

i mean, you probably have that opportunity to take the closet time...
but real life can't allow for that much...can it?
unless your a monk...??

and...really, shouldn't we be taking Christ with us in our every involvement?

the Holy Spirit teaching us as we go along...day in ..day out...all things we experience, right?

fellowship is necessary as I see it...

maybe its cos i was on that mountain alone so much of the time...i find i need to read the words of others...to listen to people... i really need to see Jesus in others.

if i'm stashed away with Him..i am being loved...the best possible way...but am i loving the best possible way?

by my own nature...i'd recluse...i'd hide away...it takes courage on my part to get involved with others...and to stay involved after I think i may have blundered...or been extreme in my beliefs...

its God that pushes me to get out there...how else will i learn to serve ???
if i'm at home all the time feeding myself..buried nose in books trying to solve the mystery of God and waiting for the voice of God to reveal to me "i'm ready" ....i don't think i'm doing the work...i'm not showing up...

this came upon me today...in a talk...and i just don't see how I'm going to grow as a servant in the kingdom if i hide in the scripture and don't get involved in practical application of the principles..

and there is  no fool proof method either is there?....i will make mistakes as i go along...and those mistakes will make me desire to know and do better in HIM....

i just got hit hard with perfection expectations...maybe it was fast turn around time on my own high expectations of others...

(slices up humble pie... :mblush:...fixes herself a saucer)

any thoughts?

Offline 97531

• Restricted
  • Truth is Freedom
    • Father's Love Forum
Re: withdrawl
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 11:07:58 AM »
Hi Gathered

This scripture has always been my mainstay.  Man I even had to search for it LoL.  I am very dumb when it comes to remembering chapter and verse.  In fact my brain is a sieve but my heart is a bucket.

• Luk 12:11  And when they bring you into the synagogues, and to rulers and authorities, take no thought as to how or what thing you shall answer, or what you shall say.
    Luk 12:12   For the Holy Spirit shall teach you in the same hour what you ought to say.

Although out of context, to me and what I have experience in spite of my scatter brain, when dealing in RL with people, I have never been found wanting and the Holy Spirit was always faithful to reveal/bring to remembrance scriptures and gave me the words to speak.

I find when people ask the questions then the curiosity has been seeded by the HS.  Makes our witnessing so much more easier.

Blessings
My Blog       Father's Love Forum - New
IHWLAMAHOB
Christian Milkshake: Pressed down, shaken together and more than we can hope for

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 01:02:07 PM »
 :cloud9: For everything there is a season. He has walked me thru so many seasons, even when I didn't want to go. The hardest thing for me to do, is to do nothing and I had a hard time of coming out into the wilderness at first. Then I got used to it, and He had a hard time getting me to move again, and I met complacency and He led me to tear that kingdom down. It's all about allowing Him to put us in situational teaching situations so He can keep on separating the "goats" from the "sheep" in us, until every "tongue" in us confesses nothing but, "I come to do YOUR will, O Lord." Come, Lord, come. Blessings to you.......
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline hopeful

• Bronze
  • He was there!
    • To Know Him More
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 01:28:14 PM »
Good morning, sis!  :dsunny:

Well, if you really think about it,
if we're talking on these forums,
we're not just hiding out with our noses in a book.   :dbook: 

I hear the voice of the accusers at times saying-
  :director: go, go, go- do, do, do. 
You're hiding your light! Hiding your light!

Nope!  Won't listen (for long anyway!) 
I trust the Lord to lead me into a crowd if that's where I'm supposed to go.
Or all alone into the wilderness. 
I say, "Lord, am I hiding?  Am I withdrawing on my own? "
Then I trust Him to show me if that is the case.
AND... There ain't no condemnation allowed!!   :thewife:
No, no, no!  Do you know what condemnation says?
It says-
I should be better- do better- think better-
better, better, better.   :blah:

There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
If you're in Him- there's no better place to be! :boogie:
And when we're yielded to Him- we'll go where He goes.

:HeartThrob:   :HeartThrob:   :HeartThrob:
You're welcome to visit http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/

Loveroftruth

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 02:02:34 PM »
gatheredfragments

I am amazed at how much we seem to be alike :Party:
I think I always used to be an extrovert, yet I have seen that walking with the Lord has kind of made me into an introvert.... I love pulling out away from people and dwelling in the internal realm... the things of the Spirit.

Yet God is saying to me, I want you "out there". I want you to take me to here or there....and so I see him delight in me being "outside" my world.

There is a season for both and we get so comfortable with the cave (hehehehe) but God says "out of the cave" :winkgrin:

I was speaking with a friend yesterday about the feeling that I get when God speaks a word "through me" to another.... and its just so incredible, its like you get fed and you can feel His thoughts and heart for the person and when I am off alone with Him, I dont get this....

"I have food you know not of"

When Jesus was ministering, the gang ask him if he was hungry - but his response was "I have been FED by ministering"

And at this point His disciples came, and they marveled that He talked with a woman; yet no one said, "What do You seek?" or, "Why are You talking with her?"  The woman then left her waterpot, went her way into the city, and said to the men,  "Come, see a Man who told me all things that I ever did. Could this be the Christ?" Then they went out of the city and came to Him.  In the meantime His disciples urged Him, saying, "Rabbi, eat."  But He said to them, "I have food to eat of which you do not know." Therefore the disciples said to one another, "Has anyone brought Him anything to eat?" Jesus said to them, "My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work.

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 02:04:49 PM by Loveroftruth »

Loveroftruth

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 02:17:17 PM »
Hopeful Wrote

I hear the voice of the accusers at times saying-
  director go, go, go- do, do, do.
You're hiding your light! Hiding your light!

YES, I too can relate to that!! Thats the other side...... religion has taught us ..."DO, DO, DO, SAVE THE WORLD"

So your right on..... We must know what and When God is nudging us to move or not move!  :happyclap: :handshake:

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 06:15:06 PM »
 :cloud9:   :thumbsup: Amen LT! We do get fed "feeding" others. Probably 80% of what HE has taught me has come from praying (usually in person) for others. That's why the speaking and prophetic gifts are fought against so hard because the enemy of our souls knows how many will be touching by them, and the Christ increased in all, because of them. And why Paul said to seek to prophesy, the most misused and abused gift of them all. Blessings to you.......
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Loveroftruth

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 06:22:29 PM »
:cloud9:   :thumbsup: Amen LT! We do get fed "feeding" others. Probably 80% of what HE has taught me has come from praying (usually in person) for others. That's why the speaking and prophetic gifts are fought against so hard because the enemy of our souls knows how many will be touching by them, and the Christ increased in all, because of them. And why Paul said to seek to prophesy, the most misused and abused gift of them all. Blessings to you.......

Amen Cardinal!

I was thinking about this same thing this morning........... When ministering to a person I have so cleary been able to SEE AND FEEL how the Father views them! Even when He was showing sin that needed to be dealt with! Its almost like He viewed sin as something that was hurting his dear child, not something He was mad at.... do you know what I mean? Man, God has so much love for His children, He just wants the best for us and knows the things that hurt us.

Blessings to you! :girlheart:

gatheredfragments

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 08:16:41 PM »
i am in awe

the love of God has just left me in awe through all of you.

you have no idea.

:handshake: :giveheart: :Peck: :gpg:

Offline hopeful

• Bronze
  • He was there!
    • To Know Him More
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 09:12:06 PM »
i am in awe

the love of God has just left me in awe through all of you.

you have no idea.

:handshake: :giveheart: :Peck: :gpg:

Oh, I'm so glad and btw, can you pass me a piece of that humble pie?   :happy3:
You're welcome to visit http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/

Hennessey

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2007, 09:25:17 PM »
What a delightful thread. Thanks for sharing gals.  :HeartThrob:

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2007, 09:43:58 PM »
 :cloud9: Yes, LT, that's it exactly. There is no little sin and no big sin with God. I have ministered to child molesters the same as saints, and He loved them no less thru me. At first, I was shocked that He had torn down so much of me that I COULD allow Him to minister thru me to them, because that was the BIG sin in my eyes, a child molester.

I hated them before God with a passion, and would have cheerfully done very bad things to them. Then I find myself ministering to a child molester, an adult, and God reveals that they themselves were molested as children, continuing the curse and the shame. He truly hates the sin, but loves the sinner, and He ministers liberty to ALL the captives the same.

When He ministers to someone, there is NO condemnation at all. Even the darkest things are exposed and I'm always amazed that He brings it out is such a way and ministers in such a way, that no one is condemned, but brought to repentance thru His love. It is a miracle to behold in itself. Blessings to you.......

Offline Davo22

• Full
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2007, 01:07:42 AM »
Hey Gathered :Sparkletooth:

Quote from: gatheredfragments link=topic=1171.msg9486#msg9486
its God that pushes me to get out there...how else will i learn to serve ???
if i'm at home all the time feeding myself..buried nose in books trying to solve the mystery of God and waiting for the voice of God to reveal to me "i'm ready" ....i don't think i'm doing the work...i'm not showing up...

this came upon me today...in a talk...and i just don't see how I'm going to grow as a servant in the kingdom if i hide in the scripture and don't get involved in practical application of the principles..

and there is  no fool proof method either is there?....i will make mistakes as i go along...and those mistakes will make me desire to know and do better in HIM....
any thoughts?

What hopeful said was great....When we're yielded to him, we'll go where he goes!

Though having said that, I know from experience that I learn more when out--things that one would expect to learn when out and about. I do nothing with my life at the moment, just sit on here and moderate for an hour or 2 per day. I contrast this with the times that I've gone out on a limb, and the difference is substantial. If you're really wanting to grow, I would recommend getting out there. It's true that there's no condemnation, and there is no condemnation. Putting what you've learned in to practice will reward you with more skill, and one things leads onto another. There's a pain barrier when getting used to the environment, but one thing God showed me was that, looks can be deceiving. Staying home all the time looked easy, but proved futile. So I began to wonder if being out--which looked difficult, may prove to be meaningful. Often the first little bit (the hard bit) is so brief that we'd be kicking ourselves for not persevering. I think that's how Solomon got so much wisdom, he was always out and about. Like everything, there's the hard part and the fun part. The hard part is learning, the fun part is putting what we've learned into practice and reaping the rewards with a conscious competence. It also helps that you realize you may have to learn the hard way. With humility comes wisdom. In everything you do, know that God will be directing your paths and all things work for the good for those who love him. Beyond this, the choice is yours to make.

Happy choice making! :JCThink:
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 11:09:48 AM by Davo22 »
Send me a Personal message
We can do everything through him who gives us strength!

gatheredfragments

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2007, 12:25:31 PM »
Deu 30:19  I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

martincisneros

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2007, 02:24:44 AM »
You've always got time for a priority.  I personally do too many things that any cessationists amongst us, or just those that are skeptical of the Charismatic movement would find SCARY, so I HAVE TO keep what the Psalms call "fresh oil."  Build your day around your time with God rather than trying to fit God into your busy schedule and you'll always succeed in whatever you do with the rest of your day, even if you take a little bit of heat for it, i.e., hundredfold with persecutions.

[I don't have time for the sermon, but just make sure you're never one of the ones persecuting someone else's hundredfold, or you've accidentally joined the wrong team in that moment.  Rule #1: if you're in agreement with the media about anything regarding any member of the Body of Christ.......do I really need to spell it out for you??  The media's after ratings, money, market share, high stocks, personal promotions and accolades, etc., and they're not after the Holy Spirit's job or anything that's in the best interests of the Body and you need to come to terms with that once and for all over the Bread and Cup.]

The Gospels indicate that Jesus would get up really early to go and sneak off and be with Father.  And then after a big healing meeting where He'd lay hands on hundreds and hundreds of people, while many people would be going to bed after something like that, He'd run off to spend more time with Father.  And unless you've ever laid hands on one or two thousand people at a time, you have absolutely no idea what these so-called "faith healers" go through.  That's EXHAUSTING!!  Especially with every 11th, 29th, 35th, 52nd, 86th, 93rd, and 105th person that thinks that you're the healer and Christ within you won't do His work UNLESS they tell you their life's story and where and why they hurt!!  Since people never change, I'm sure that the same One that chased people out of Jairus's house and completely brutally took over the household to get it free of unbelief and the demonic spirit of grief was probably also saying occasionally in those healing lines "JUST SHUT UP AND RECEIVE MY FATHER'S LOVE!!"

I don't have a better translation handy, and I'm thinking that this is one of those instances where the KJV might actually be a bit better, but in my NASB in Isaiah 50:4:

"The Lord God has given me the tongue of disciples, that I may know how to sustain the weary one with a word.  He awakens me morning by morning, He awakens my ear to listen as a disciple." --end quote.

On your absolute busiest day, Isaiah 58 is still possible for most Western world folks, even if it's uncomfortable.  A whip and nails were likewise uncomfortable.  Through being a partaker of the fellowship of His sufferings we're saving the world, remember, Body of Christ.  Every act of obedience pushes the fast forward button just that much further towards us being what Ephesians 1:23 calls the Church that's All in all.

No one comes to the Father unless the Spirit draws him.  So, if that's true, then the only reason that you're ever wanting to pray is because you already have His undivided attention!

All of us should be fasting at least quarterly.  If I say monthly or weekly, then the charges are liable to fly of legalism, but at least quarterly if your prayer life's the least bit sincere and genuinely and consistently taking new ground.

Some of you won't be able to receive this 'cause your nose goes straight up any time that my Word of Faith background gets mentioned, but for those of you that can receive it; this is just something that I learned from the Holy Spirit that's been baring ENORMOUS fruit in my own life.  Neither Copeland, Hagin, Hinn, Savelle, or anybody else ever said this in my hearing.  Have you ever claimed in your prayer life the credit for every step of obedience that Jesus ever took?  Have you ever latched hold of the 40days and 40nights of Jesus fasting and laid claim to what He called the Father rewarding you openly??  Are His works on your account with God or not???  Some of you that keep having digestive issues ought to be laying claim to every Word that Jesus ever prayed over His food by faith, believing you received when He prayed (Mark 11:24).

I'm now in an area where I could talk for the rest of the evening and most of the night until half of you would be falling out of the window like in the book of Acts.  Some of you are going to need to spend some time in those 4 gospels laying claim to the Deuteronomy 1:11 thousand fold harvest of obedience over every breath that Jesus ever breathed, etc. LOL!  And then grab that Bread and Cup and say before the Lord over what you're doing "It's 'cause we're forever One, Lord!"
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 02:54:09 AM by martincisneros »

Loveroftruth

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2007, 02:27:53 AM »
martincisneros Said

You've always got time for a priority.  I personally do too many things that any cessationists amongst us, or just those that are skeptical of the Charismatic movement would find SCARY, so I HAVE TO keep what the Psalms call "fresh oil."  Build your day around your time with God rather than trying to fit God into your busy schedule and you'll always succeed in whatever you do with the rest of your day, even if you take a little bit of heat for it, i.e., hundredfold with persecutions.

:banana: :trampoline: :drummer: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: